commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Many of you seem to be thinking that these sets will be enormous with masses of minifigs. I'm sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but I highly doubt that the Battle of Hogwarts will be any bigger than the Burrow, and have any more than 7 figs. It will (obviously) contain Harry :hmpf_bad: and Voldemort, but the rest of the figs and scenery are all still a mystery. As for the Knight bus, however, it's clear we'll get a purple bus, Harry and probably Stan and The Grim. The forest set is around the size of Dobby's release, and will probably only contain 2-4 figures plus some sort of plant.

Although I've said all this in a negative way, I'm actually very positive about this new line. Thanks for letting me know about it! :classic:

Exactly, Battle of Hogwarts isn't going to be a Death Star playset, it will be an average sized set. They are not going to release more than 7.

All I want is a centaur in the forbidden forest :tongue:

Forbidden Forest, Battle for Hogwarts? :wub:

Now, if only I could get a Resurrection Stone set, Harry, James, Lily, Lupin and Sirius. Or even a maruaders set, with the four as young kids, throw Severus in there too, it'd be great,

I actually disagree with you all about the Battle Of Hogwarts Set. I think that TLC will make it decently sized with about 9 figs, such an important part of the films and books cannot and should not be ignored. This has been what the past 3 years in the wizarding world has built up to and I will be extremely disappointed if lego let us down and leave it as a smallish set.

Well to solve up the whole discussion on how big it will be, the picture says the dimensions of the boxes.

Forbidden Forest: 191 x 141 x 46 ; Same as Freeing Dobby

The Knight Bus: 282 x 262 x 64 ; Box size in between Quidditch Match and Hagrids Hut

Battle for Hogwarts: 480 x 282 x 61; Same as Hagrids Hut

Now the number of figs may not be dependent on the size of the box, but it does solve the argument on how big the sets will be.

I assume that the Forbidden Forest will be:

A. Scene from Sorcerer's Stone and will include Voldy, Harry, Fang, and Centaur

B. Scene from Chamber of Secrets with Harry, Ron, Fang and spiders (would compliment Hagrids Hut)

C. Scene from Order of the Phoenix with Harry, Luna and Thestrals

D. Scene from Deathly Hallows with Harry, Voldemort and probably one or two Death Eaters.

Since the Knight Bus is bigger than the Quidditch Match, it will probably include Harry, Stan, and maybe Ernie (driver). Hopefully a new Grim too!

Now I think the Battle of Hogwarts will be the courtyard where Harry and Voldemort duel (as seen in the trailer), or the Room of Requirement. It will probably have the same amount of figs as the Burrow. Maybe Harry, Voldemort, Neville, Bellatrix, Hermione and Ron. Probably with a Basilisk Fang, Hufflepuff Cup, Ravenclaw Diadem, Nagini.

But we can't know for sure until we see preliminary pictures.

~MC

Edited by MrCustomizer

Well to solve up the whole discussion on how big it will be, the picture says the dimensions of the boxes.

The Knight Bus: 282 x 262 x 64 ; Box size in between Quidditch Match and Hagrids Hut

Now the number of figs may not be dependent on the size of the box, but it does solve the argument on how big the sets will be.

I assume that the Forbidden Forest will be:

A. Scene from Sorcerer's Stone and will include Voldy, Harry, Fang, and Centaur

B. Scene from Chamber of Secrets with Harry, Ron, Fang and spiders (would compliment Hagrids Hut)

C. Scene from Order of the Phoenix with Harry, Luna and Thestrals

D. Scene from Deathly Hallows with Harry, Voldemort and probably one or two Death Eaters.

~MC

E.Scene from Prisoner of Azcaban with Harry, Hermione, Lupin- werewolf, possible white stag (petronum)? Dementors

Could this also be a possibility?

Still hoping for A though :classic:

Edited by ceroknight

E.Scene from Prisoner of Azcaban with Harry, Hermione, Lupin- werewolf, possible white stag (petronum)? Dementors

Could this also be a possibility?

Still hoping for A though :classic:

I think A and C are most likely. TLC seems to be trying to fit all of the movies into the sets.

Sorcerer's Stone: Hagrid's Hut (Umbrella, Norbert)

Chamber of Secrets: Freeing Dobby, Hagrids Hut (Spiders), Quidditch Match, Hogwarts Express (Ford Anglia)

Prizoner of Azkaban: The Knight Bus

Goblet of Fire: Nothing Yet

Order of the Phoenix: Nothing Yet

Half Blood Prince: Hogwarts Express (Luna, Malfoy), The Burrow

Deathly Hallows: Hogwarts Castle, Battle of Hogwarts

Since the Knight Bus is obviously for PoA and Battle of Hogwarts is for DH, I think that the most logical place to put the Forbidden Forest is Sorcerer's Stone, Goblet of Fire, or Order of the Phoenix. Deathly Hallows is also a possibility because it would coincide with the film.

~MC

Edited by MrCustomizer

Well, i am glad that we are getting HP sets this next year, but it seems that TLG is releasing a fairly small line. Too small, in my opinion.....

I am wondering if there are further sets that we do not have information on, because three (four if you include the January release) sets is an incredibly small production line.

I am guessing that all of these sets are going to cost less than USD $60 or so. This does make it seem like that we could have a few more sets show up in later news leaks or releases.

Looking forward to more information on these!

Not as small a production line as they did for 'The Order Of The Phoenix' (only one set!)

Who is to say that there weren't other new sets on the second page of Harry Potter Sets that we didn't see a pic of? :wink:

All I can say is that we can expect some new figures that have either:

A. Been remodeled from old ones :classic:

B. Completely new to the lego Harry Potter line :cry_happy:

Thats as much as we can expect

Who is to say that there weren't other new sets on the second page of Harry Potter Sets that we didn't see a pic of? :wink:

So there is more? :wub:

How would you know though? Have you seen the Retail Catalouge? :wink:

I don't know anything more than you do; I'm just saying that there is a possibility that there are other sets we don't know about yet.

I don't know anything more than you do; I'm just saying that there is a possibility that there are other sets we don't know about yet.

I'm doubting there is because they didn't show the Burrow and Hogwarts Castle on the page we did see so the other page probably has thoe sets :sadnew:

A whole page with only two or three sets? That would be kinda strange wouldn't it? :wink: Just as strange as a wave with only three new sets would be.

I saw the catalogue in real life. No other pages or new HP sets apart from the 3.

~MC

Mr Customizer brings up a good point on the new sets. The box size indicates how big the set will be.

Just to add, the catalogue did not include exclusive sets, but with Diagon Alley already announced I don't hold out much hope for a 2nd exclusive.

Edited by metalgearsolid

I still doubt you all with the box sizes, but we will just have to wait and see when we get real prelim pics.

Does anyone know when this next wave will be released?

I would say that once the final fim is released we can't really expect many more sets after that. But everything depends on sales and from what i'm hearing and seeing, demand has exceeded supply and this would point to more sets.

The over riding concern of any company that does movie tie-ins on their products is to continue making if there is money to be made. They will not care if there are no more films or books (even though Rowling has said herself she is considering another book).

I love the HP line and would love it to be continued. there is a wealth of untapped potential in sets and HP is now as much of a giant in the minds of young people as Star Wars. Why shouldn't it stay?!

I would say that once the final fim is released we can't really expect many more sets after that.

All i say is: Star Wars :wink:

All i say is: Star Wars :wink:

Yes, but you shoudn't forget that Star Wars has still a succesful TV Series running... and I seriously doubt that we'll have a harry Potter Animated TV show :laugh:

well, now that I think of it... an animated Harry Potter cartoon would probably get some fans.

Edited by Geertos13

Yes, but you shoudn't forget that Star Wars has still a succesful TV Series running... and I seriously doubt that we'll have a harry Potter TV Animated TV show :laugh:

well, now that I think of it... an animated Harry Potter cartoon would probably get some fans.

A Harry Potter TV Series would be a good way to explore scenes that couldn't make it into the films and look at Harry's Children at Hogwarts so who knows? :sweet:

Back on Topic seen as the Harry Potter sets are mainly based on Locations of Buildngs , Hogwarts, Diagon Alley, Hagrids Hut The Burrow etc. What buildings do you think would be a good set to make. I reckon either the Yule Ball or Bill and Fleurs Wedding, think of all The Exclusive Figures we could get in either of those :wub:

Edited by commanderneyo

You can see in the picture that on the box on one of the sets on the opposite page has the Harry Potter logo. I am very interested to see what exactly is on that page.

~MC

I think a Grimmauld Place, Ministry of Magic, or Privet Drive would be the next buildings for LEGO to make