commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

-Forbidden Forrest.

This set could be tricky. There are countless scenes in HP that take place in the Forrest. Plus, it looks like it will be a small set, so we can probably only expect a couple of trees and 3 or 4 minifigs.

-Knight Bus.

I can already picture this in my head. Hopefully we'll get a street lamp and the Grim/Sirius Black

-Battle of Hogwarts.

This is the set I'm most excited for! Hopefully we'll get centaurs, maybe Firenze and Bane, a giant, and an acromantula. this scene in the book is complete chaos, and practically a roll call of all the main characters throughout the series. I'm hoping we don't see too many repeats to allow more new minifigs. I'm thinking we could get:

Harry, Ron, Hermione (battle damaged)

Lupin

Tonks

Neville

Firenze

Bane

Voldy (different face)

2 Death Eaters

That's 11 minifigs, same as the Hogwarts Castle (if I'm not mistaken).

Yay! More sets! Hopefully Battle of Hogwarts will be as epic as it sounds! I'm not expecting anything too crazy though as it is a regular set, not an exclusive. And since these sets will come out around the same time as the second movie, I'm pretty sure the Forest set will be based on the scene where Harry confronts Voldemort toward the end. So, here's hoping for a cheap way to get Voldemort and some Death Eaters. :thumbup:

Go back to the last book and the there is a chapter called 'The Forest Again' -

*****SPOILER WARNING******

The main action that takes place is Harry rubs the resurrection stone and brings back ghost versions of his parents, Remus and Sirius. He then walks with them to confront Voldemort for the final time.

That could be the basis for a set, but it would just be a bunch of figures, with some tres!

Honestly, if they are to make the Forbidden Forest, I hope and think they will do the Philosopher Stone scene.

I can already imagine a small dark grey baseplate, with one, big, black, self built tree. Something like the Graveyard Duel set, but with some greenery. Then throw in a one dark green bush.

Minifigures could be a simple Harry, one black man with hood and cape ( probably doesn't have a face , a simpel black head) one Centaur, representing Firenze and probably a horned horse, as a Unicorn. That would bring the amount of minifigures to four, which is not impossible if we consider the recent licensed sets such as the 7569 Desert attack of Prince of persia, and the 7595 Army Men of Toy Story

Considering the 6+ age, we should not expect a big set...

I really can't think of anything else.. A new Aragog set seems unlikely.. And Umbridge and Grawp with Centaures just isn"'t exiting enough for a set. Even Voldemort "killing" Harry in the last book isn't that exiting if you have to make it in Lego.

For the Knight Bus, strange remake :wacko: I was really happy with the one we got, and it doesn't appear in any movie exept Prisonner of Azkaban... I see TLC won't stop making remakes for Harry Potter this year...

As for the Battle of Hogwarts, looking at the age rank it seems difficult to exept a huge thing. We already got a big Hogwarts and that one was 8-14. Diagon Alley is 14 + so we can easely say it will be way smaller than Hogwarts. So I don't exept impressive scalled buildings.

I am very exited about it though... As for the minifigures LEGO HUMOUR we can immediatly ban people as Bane, Firenze, Tonks and Lupin.

Firenze in the battle of Hogwarts ? Very unlikely.. I'm not even sure Firenze or Bane will appaear in the movie scene.

I am personnaly not expecting a castle. We might get a "fight field", or a courteyard, might be a small version of the Battle of Alamut. That one was 8-14, so once again that is too big.

Or we might get something completely different, who knows... Maybe, like some other have already said, it would be like these old Vignette sets. Neville killing Nagini perhaps ? Of course, it all depends on how important that scene is in the movie.

Because they mostly base their sets of the Movie, Except for the Durmstrang ship and the Peeves Minifigure...

Well, I'll guess we'll have to see the movie then :classic:

Not sure if it's worth reporting, but Diagon Alley is now listed available for order (at least in Norway).

Well, i am glad that we are getting HP sets this next year, but it seems that TLG is releasing a fairly small line. Too small, in my opinion.....

I am wondering if there are further sets that we do not have information on, because three (four if you include the January release) sets is an incredibly small production line.

I am guessing that all of these sets are going to cost less than USD $60 or so. This does make it seem like that we could have a few more sets show up in later news leaks or releases.

Looking forward to more information on these!

Honestly, if they are to make the Forbidden Forest, I hope and think they will do the Philosopher Stone scene.

I can already imagine a small dark grey baseplate, with one, big, black, self built tree. Something like the Graveyard Duel set, but with some greenery. Then throw in a one dark green bush.

Minifigures could be a simple Harry, one black man with hood and cape ( probably doesn't have a face , a simpel black head) one Centaur, representing Firenze and probably a horned horse, as a Unicorn. That would bring the amount of minifigures to four, which is not impossible if we consider the recent licensed sets such as the 7569 Desert attack of Prince of persia, and the 7595 Army Men of Toy Story

Other than the age range, there's also the box size shown by a stand-in grey box in the leaked catalogue page - it's similar in size to this year's Freeing Dobby on the same page. So if the stand-in box is any indication, The Forbidden Forest will be a very small set. Two or three figs and a small tree?

If based on the first book/film, at most I think it could include Harry, a centaur and the cloaked figure - the unicorn is dead at this point anyway, so it's easiest to omit. If based on the last book/film, it might include Harry, Voldemort and Narcissa Malfoy? But imho to accurately portay the scene, it would need more figs and, thus, bigger set.

From looking at the Images it seems that The Forbidden Forest will be no bigger than the Quidditch Match set so it will probably have onbly a few Figures and maybe a few trees.

The Knight Bus looks around or Slightly larger than the Previous version.

The Battle Of Hogwarts looks around the size of the Burrow so it could have a good amount of Figures and hopefully some new ones :classic:

Edited by commanderneyo

I´m so happy, that the HP series will go on. My wishes for the three sets:

The Forbidden Forest.

Price:

15$-30$

Figures:

Harry,

Ron,

Hermione,

Hagrid,

Fang,

Grawp,

Umbridge,

Centaurs,

Draco Malfoy,

Lord Voldemort,

Death Eaters,

New Acromantulas,

Dragons,

Olympe Maxime,

Charlie Weasley,

Buckbeak,

Crabbe,

Goyle,

Neville,

Luna,

Thestrals,

Unicorns,

Slughorn

Contents:

A tree,

plants,

chain for Grawp,

Hutches for Dragons,

The acromantula nest

Knight Bus

Price:

25$-50$

Figures:

Harry,

Stan Shunpike,

Ernie Prang,

Sirius Black(as Grim),

unknown Wizards

Contents:

The Knight bus,

a bush,

the Playground

The Battle for Hogwarts

Price:

80$-500$

Figures:

Harry,

Ron,

Hermione,

Hagrid,

Ginny,

Neville,

Luna,

Molly,

Arthur,

Fred (although he´s dead),

George,

Kingsley,

Tonks,

Lupin,

Draco,

lucius,

Narzissa,

Bellatrix,

Lord Voldemort,

Death Eaters,

The Carrows,

McGonagall,

Sprout,

Flitwick,

Snape,

Nagini

Contents:

destroyed Hogwarts,

the Shrieking Shack,

the Forbidden Forest,

the Whomping Willow,

the Chameber of Secrets,

the Room of Requirement

BotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBotherBother

The Battle for Hogwarts

Price:

80$-500$

Figures:

Harry,

Ron,

Hermione,

Hagrid,

Ginny,

Neville,

Luna,

Molly,

Arthur,

Fred (although he´s dead),

George,

Kingsley,

Tonks,

Lupin,

Draco,

lucius,

Narzissa,

Bellatrix,

Lord Voldemort,

Death Eaters,

The Carrows,

McGonagall,

Sprout,

Flitwick,

Snape,

Nagini

Contents:

destroyed Hogwarts,

the Shrieking Shack,

the Forbidden Forest,

the Whomping Willow,

the Chameber of Secrets,

the Room of Requirement

Nice dreams but = Forget it ! That amount of minifigures is an impossible suggestions. I think we'll be lucky if we get more then 6 !

looking at the box size and the age rank. This will never reach the 80$ in my opinion.... :sceptic:

I really can't think of anything else.. A new Aragog set seems unlikely.. And Umbridge and Grawp with Centaures just isn"'t exiting enough for a set. Even Voldemort "killing" Harry in the last book isn't that exiting if you have to make it in Lego.

I agree. Not only is that scene the most "exciting" one that they could do, but it could offer great minifigs and pieces as well.

Ok, considering that the Battle of Hogwarts is about the size of the Burrow, we can suppose that it will include 6 minifigs (or more, considering how many characters are in this scene). I think it will most likely have the trio, so that only leaves room for 3 or 4 more minifigs. I think it's only logical that if they make a centaur mold for the Forbidden Forrest set, they use it again for this set. Maybe not two centaurs, but at least one. I guess it's really hard to say who will end up in this set. There literally hundreds of possibilities, if the scene in the movie is anything like the scene in the book.

what would be cool, but unlikely, to get Privet Drive with the Knight Bus!

But I would be happy with the new dog mold (maybe a new Sirius :grin: ), Stanley, Ernie, and Harry (in a new outfit)

This is awesome! :laugh: Just when I thought it's done and the theme finishes with a great set: news of new sets arrive. I've been thinking about it for a couple of days and the first thing I'd like to say: I don't think we should base ourselves on the size of the boxes on the image.

Other than that, I can only support what others have said. The Forbidden Forest: a little set with some trees including a few figures of the following: Harry, Draco, Firenze, Voldemort, a unicorn and hopefully the film version of Fang (I just love him :tongue: ). Although I already own the first Knight Bus, I'm looking forward to this one. LEGO's vehicles have really made great progress in the last couple of years so I hope it'll be a very different bus in lovely purple. The Battle for Hogwarts set is also pretty vague. It can be tons of things. I hope it'll be a part of Hogwarts with a couple of brand new characters in LEGO!

Thanks for the news, I'm looking forward to the first pictures. :sweet:

What I hope is even after the Films end that Lego and TLG continue making some sets as 4 Sets in 2011 does seem a very small amount considering how Many Options there are to make :classic:

What I hope is even after the Films end that Lego and TLG continue making some sets as 4 Sets in 2011 does seem a very small amount considering how Many Options there are to make :classic:

AGREED! I mean look at S@H, almost every set is on backorder because they are selling fast, the stores are sold of of the bigger sets like the Burrow, Hagrid's Hut, and Hogwarts, and Hogwarts was featured as one of the top toys of 2010 for the holidays. So there are still a lot of people buying the sets. They keep on making Star Wars so why can't they continue with Harry Potter?

AGREED! I mean look at S@H, almost every set is on backorder because they are selling fast, the stores are sold of of the bigger sets like the Burrow, Hagrid's Hut, and Hogwarts, and Hogwarts was featured as one of the top toys of 2010 for the holidays. So there are still a lot of people buying the sets. They keep on making Star Wars so why can't they continue with Harry Potter?

Well to Be Honest Star Wars has something to keep everyone Interested in the "Clone Wars Animated TV Series" while once a Year we get a Harry Potter film while the Clone Wars have Episodes every Month which plenty of Lego Star Wars Fans watch. But if Harry Potter went into an Animated Series (Though Highly Doubtful) then Who Knows maybe us Lego Harry Potter Fans will get more Sets then :classic:

Well to Be Honest Star Wars has something to keep everyone Interested in the "Clone Wars Animated TV Series" while once a Year we get a Harry Potter film while the Clone Wars have Episodes every Month which plenty of Lego Star Wars Fans watch. But if Harry Potter went into an Animated Series (Though Highly Doubtful) then Who Knows maybe us Lego Harry Potter Fans will get more Sets then :classic:

But, LEGO is not just releasing just Clone Wars sets, they are still releasing sets from the Episodes 1-6

I think that if they are really making a Harry Potter Years 5-7 game then we will get more sets

Edited by 10or

Other than that, I can only support what others have said. The Forbidden Forest: a little set with some trees including a few figures of the following: Harry, Draco, Firenze, Voldemort, a unicorn and hopefully the film version of Fang (I just love him :tongue: ).

Thanks for the news, I'm looking forward to the first pictures. :sweet:

FANG !! :wub:

I was very disapointed they didn't include him in Hagrid's Hut ! If they make them, please let them do a similiar mold as the one in LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4. That one was so perfect !

I'm not sure if it's very probable, but I'm certainly hoping so! As there's also the Knight Bus, which IIRC doesn't appear in the last book (and thus, movies), the Forbidden Forest set could also be based on any of the books. And I think it's somewhat unlikely, actually, that they would base the set on the Deathly Hallows - the Forbidden Forest scene of the Deathly Hallows is after all a bit dark scene and would only include Harry, Voldemort, death eaters and trees. Some scene from the earlier books seems likelier. And centaurs would certainly be cool.

I think the forbidden forest set will be about the forbidden forest scene of the first book/movie, where Harry, Ron, Hermione and Draco were to attend Hagrid to the forbiddne forest. So I think this set will at least include Harry, a unicorn, a centaur and Voldemort's ghostly form. This set could also apply to the last book/movie, in which case the minifigs would include Harry and Voldemort, and maybe some other death eaters. This is just what I think so don't shoot me lol

-Forbidden Forrest.

This set could be tricky. There are countless scenes in HP that take place in the Forrest. Plus, it looks like it will be a small set, so we can probably only expect a couple of trees and 3 or 4 minifigs.

-Knight Bus.

I can already picture this in my head. Hopefully we'll get a street lamp and the Grim/Sirius Black

-Battle of Hogwarts.

This is the set I'm most excited for! Hopefully we'll get centaurs, maybe Firenze and Bane, a giant, and an acromantula. this scene in the book is complete chaos, and practically a roll call of all the main characters throughout the series. I'm hoping we don't see too many repeats to allow more new minifigs. I'm thinking we could get:

Harry, Ron, Hermione (battle damaged)

Lupin

Tonks

Neville

Firenze

Bane

Voldy (different face)

2 Death Eaters

That's 11 minifigs, same as the Hogwarts Castle (if I'm not mistaken).

Voldemort a different face, what kinda face you have in mind? :D

So, here's hoping for a cheap way to get Voldemort and some Death Eaters. :thumbup:

Same here :D

Edited by darkhorus

FANG !! :wub:

I was very disapointed they didn't include him in Hagrid's Hut ! If they make them, please let them do a similiar mold as the one in LEGO Harry Potter years 1-4. That one was so perfect !

Agreed. Fang would have been a great Addition to the Hagrids Hut set :classic:

what would be cool, but unlikely, to get Privet Drive with the Knight Bus!

But I would be happy with the new dog mold (maybe a new Sirius :grin: ), Stanley, Ernie, and Harry (in a new outfit)

That would be cool then we could have the Dursleys all in One set :grin:

Voldemort a different face, what kinda face you have in mind? :D

I doubt he will get a new Face. They will probably use the same one that they used in the Recent Hogwarts Castle Set :thumbup:

got to look at it commercially from TLG's point of view.

The forbidden forest could be from almost any movie, there is no reason ot have it based on the final film unless they want it to be mini-fig heavy and include Voldemort death eaters and the ghosts of his parents (which is a possibility!)

The battle of hogwarts would likely be on the grounds i think and you can count out some characters. Malfoy, crabbe and goyle have no part in it nor does Snape.

I reckon you will get 8-10 characters based on their importance to the battle:-

Voldemort

Harry

Bellatrix

Molly

Death Eater

Neville

McGonagall and/or Flitwick or Slughorn

I would assume another Ron and/or Hermione too being that it's the final scene. Personally I'd like to see Kinglsey, tonks and maybe Lupin but I'm doubtful.

What i would really hope for is a Giant or two and Nagini possibly even some call gargoyles and statues. I think we're hoping for too much with Centaurs as I agree that there inclusion in the film is by no means assured.

Lets hope for some better Acromantulas but i ain't hopeful!

My wishlist for Battle of Hogwarts :classic:

Minifigs:

Harry (because every set has to have him in)

Ron (since he wasn't in the castle)

Crabbe or Goyle

2 death eaters

Cho Chang

Hufflepuff student

Proffeser Sprout (or a teacher who has never been made)

Other stuff:

Ravenclaw tower in same style as Griffindor tower in the new Hogwarts.Has Hufflepuff commen room in the bottem and Ravenclaw in top.

Random building.

Courtyard.

Spiders or a Giant.

It should all connect to Hogwarts castle! :classic:

Edited by pompommini

Many of you seem to be thinking that these sets will be enormous with masses of minifigs. I'm sorry to burst anybody's bubble, but I highly doubt that the Battle of Hogwarts will be any bigger than the Burrow, and have any more than 7 figs. It will (obviously) contain Harry :hmpf_bad: and Voldemort, but the rest of the figs and scenery are all still a mystery. As for the Knight bus, however, it's clear we'll get a purple bus, Harry and probably Stan and The Grim. The forest set is around the size of Dobby's release, and will probably only contain 2-4 figures plus some sort of plant.

Although I've said all this in a negative way, I'm actually very positive about this new line. Thanks for letting me know about it! :classic:

Ok, let's consider for a second the sets we've already gotten. From the 7 sets that LEGO has released up until now, the only repeated minifigs have been Harry in Hogwarts uniform, Harry in casual wear, Ron in Casual wear, Hermione in Hogwarts uniform, Hagrid, Lucius Malfoy, and Fenrir Greyback. Besides that, every minifig has been exclusive to the set they're in. The point is, I think it highly likely that we will see many brand new minifigs, and little repeats besides the trio. And frankly, who doesn't want that?? I think it's likely that a new "creature" mold will be made and be used in both the Forrest set and Battle of Hogwarts set, probably a centaur or a giant. Like Ravenclaw 2010 said, the Battle of Hogwarts will probably not be bigger than the Burrow, so we might get 7 figures at the most.