commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Hey there!

I recently came across these pictures from BRICKSET:

30111-1.jpg

30110-1.jpg

Do we already know when and where these Sets will appear? I anticipate they are meant to be EXCLUSIVE Sets!?

Sorry to say this 'Jango' but we saw those images a month of so ago.....I might even have already downloaded the instructions from Lego.com ! :wink:

We can assume a newspaper deal, cinema deal or a toy chain freebie when you spend so much on HP Lego ! :grin:

We shall wait and see eh ? :wink:

Ok so it looks like the globe will have the same print as the one in POTC but with a different color scheme.

Ok so it looks like the globe will have the same print as the one in POTC but with a different color scheme.

Has anyone seen these?

Angle-1.jpg?t=1299444442

Front.jpg?t=1299444357

It says the mini-figs are sold separately so could we be getting Mini-figure Collections HP style?

Cant wait for Building the Magical World and the new sets!

Where'd you get the pics of those fig display cases? Given that they don't say LEGO anywhere on them, I'm assuming they're not made by Lego but someone else. Probably not sold by Lego, just something random stores might carry.

I saw them on both amazon and eBay there were also SW ones and collectable minifig ones. Google Lego Harry potter minifigure display case.

Edited by Special K

Hey, they missed and also there is any room for everyone's favorite....Hagrid ! :cry_sad:

It's sad when you gotta put toys into plastic cases to look at and not get played with ! :cry_sad:

Ah, well to each their own I guess ! :wink:

placed my pre-order, got free shipping

this is going to be one crazy harry potter summer!:)

more interior of Hogwarts is shown on the website too

Edited by 10or

Has anyone seen these?

*image*

*image*

It says the mini-figs are sold separately so could we be getting Mini-figure Collections HP style?

Cant wait for Building the Magical World and the new sets!

I doubt that there's going to be an HP minifigure collection, but I'd really love that! I think what it means by "sold separately" is that they are sold in the sets.

On the official description of the FF set, it says it comes with an owl. In the picture though, I can't seem to find it. Does it really come with one, or is it just a common error?

Yeah, those display cases have been mentioned before and are not from TLC.

Hey, they missed and also there is any room for everyone's favorite....Hagrid ! :cry_sad:

There are a lot of other figs missing, so obviously you're supposed to buy multiples of these cases. This is just an example. :wink:

Yeah, those display cases have been mentioned before and are not from TLC.

There are a lot of other figs missing, so obviously you're supposed to buy multiples of these cases. This is just an example. :wink:

But would Hagrid fit that plastic case.....those poor minifigs.....what dark magic holds them prisioner ? :laugh:

My mind must have slipped a little, is it June or July these three new sets comming out ? :blush:

Keep on casting spells ! :wink:

I did check my local TRU to see about the KB being there, and no luck. Fine by me; would've prob. been ten dollars more anyway!!! They didn't have any PotC sets, either!!

The New HP sets can now be pre-ordered from Legoshop at home. At least in the USA.

Can be ordered in Canada too! Already ordered all of them; shipping before June 1, 2011!

~t7_c

I must say non of the new hp sets look really good to me. They just seem minifigs with some bricks instead bricks with minifigs. Except the bus, i thnk the main reason to buy it is just the minifigs.

I doubt that there's going to be an HP minifigure collection, but I'd really love that! I think what it means by "sold separately" is that they are sold in the sets.

On the official description of the FF set, it says it comes with an owl. In the picture though, I can't seem to find it. Does it really come with one, or is it just a common error?

It must be an error because no pics on S@H has an owl, either.

It must be an error because no pics on S@H has an owl, either.

That's what I figured. Same thing with the PotC sets. In the Mill set, the description says it has a palm tree, and it doesn't. The descriptions are probably made when the sets are still preliminary, and they may forget to edit them when the final sets are released. Just a guess. :wacko:

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE MAKING A 5-7! GOING TO BE RELEASED THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!!

LINK

hopefully more sets!!

sorry for the caps, but I have been waiting for this info!

they highlighted the Ministry, Godrics Hallow, and Grimmauld Place in the Article, hopefully it points to possible sets!

Edited by 10or

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

THEY ARE MAKING A 5-7! GOING TO BE RELEASED THIS HOLIDAY SEASON!!

LINK

hopefully more sets!!

sorry for the caps, but I have been waiting for this info!

they highlighted the Ministry, Godrics Hallow, and Grimmauld Place in the Article, hopefully it points to possible sets!

That's utterly awesome! You might want to post this in the Harry Potter game thread though. :wink:

I doubt Years 5-7 will equal more sets. Remember how a very successful LEGO Batman game did not garner more sets? The same thing happened with Indiana Jones too.

I doubt Years 5-7 will equal more sets. Remember how a very successful LEGO Batman game did not garner more sets? The same thing happened with Indiana Jones too.

Yep. Very good point.

It seems that practice shows the opposite: no sets follow the game. And I was soooo hoping to see more Bat-sets back then! Oh! :cry_sad:

But let us hope that this will be an exception. And TLC will continue working with WB and re-launch Batman some time! Am i going mad? :hmpf:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Fairly disappointed with the Knight Bus... but's it's still a buy for me. Can't resist the two new minifigures, purple bricks, and another owl! :sweet:

I'm wondering what's wrong with the Knight Bus? It's a nice looking set, so I don't think that's the problem... when I try to objectively value them, it comes out as the worst deal in the HP line. I usually start by valuing minifigures at $3.00/each (although I often modify that) and subtracting that value from the cost of the set, then I remove 4 to 5 pieces per character from the total part count. Only after I've done that do I look at price per brick, and even then it's very iffy... if a set comes with a boat, for example (Isla de Muerta), that's a huge deal to get averaged into the brick prices...

But the Knight Bus pieces are pretty standard, nothing "big." BUT, to get it all in PURPLE makes a huge difference. I understand TLG has a problem with purple, so even with the most expensive price per piece, it still seems "worth" it... IOW, it's definitely still a buy for me as well.

I will be disappointed if those HP 30110 and 30111 sets don't come here. I have to make trades to get the POTC newspaper deals (and still didn't get the Jack Sparrow one).

Sorry, just thought this would be good news to post here since a lot of Potter fans look here.

Started a new topic.

i was thinking that DH 2 will be released on DVD during the holiday season, the same time around the game, so it would be smart for LEGO to get in a few more sets since that would be their last chance.

personally, i dont like the new knight bus since i feel we really didnt need a new one. a different set would have been nice.