commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I could go check my copy of CoS now, to be honest, but I think it said there were skeletons and bones down there. They could belong to really old students.

the bones were animal bones (at least in the german version) :P but yeah we should come back to the topic of what we want in this set. wich i by the way think is the coolest of the new wave. (astronomy.. tower.. yeeaaah :D)

the bones were animal bones (at least in the german version) :P but yeah we should come back to the topic of what we want in this set. wich i by the way think is the coolest of the new wave. (astronomy.. tower.. yeeaaah :D)

I don't think it's that unreasonable to have a skeleton on the bottom level, that's all I'm saying. I think the Battle is the best of the wave, too. The four rare minifigs make it a must-buy if you didn't buy the older sets with Goyle, Lupin, and Neville in them. The Forest is the second best in my opinion. 4 minifigs for 12 USD is basically a battle pack. Plus we get a new Narcissa, a tree, blue fire, a mushroom, and a cheap Voldemort and Hagrid. The Knight Bus (which I probably won't purchase) seems even worse than the older one. I love Ernie, though.

I'm not sure we can really judge these legos as "I'm not getting this" or "this is lame" yet because they're just preliminaries, even though not much will change, but some changes could definitely be a deciding factor. And we haven't seen the interior of the knight bus (at least I haven't) or how the sliding beds (if they do slide) will play out. Personally, I kind of like the knight bus because I want the chance to score another "death eater" and exclusive minifigure. I also kind of like purple and I remember how cool the old knight bus was. I don't think this one will be worse because I mean it can't be any worse than a set made in 2004, not with lego's plethora of new bricks and such.

I'm not sure we can really judge these legos as "I'm not getting this" or "this is lame" yet because they're just preliminaries, even though not much will change, but some changes could definitely be a deciding factor. And we haven't seen the interior of the knight bus (at least I haven't) or how the sliding beds (if they do slide) will play out. Personally, I kind of like the knight bus because I want the chance to score another "death eater" and exclusive minifigure. I also kind of like purple and I remember how cool the old knight bus was. I don't think this one will be worse because I mean it can't be any worse than a set made in 2004, not with lego's plethora of new bricks and such.

I'm not saying the new Knight Bus is bad in general. I just said the Forbidden Forest and the Battle for Hogwarts seem like a better deal. I don't think the exterior of the new Bus is great, but it would definitely be a set worth getting, for Ernie, Stan, the shrunken head, Hedwig, and whatever is in the interior.

I'm not saying the new Knight Bus is bad in general. I just said the Forbidden Forest and the Battle for Hogwarts seem like a better deal. I don't think the exterior of the new Bus is great, but it would definitely be a set worth getting, for Ernie, Stan, the shrunken head, Hedwig, and whatever is in the interior.

O well I wasn't talking to you specifically I was just saying to everyone you know don't judge a lego by its preliminary! haha okay that was lame.

oh boy i totally forgot about the whole Stan beeing a death eater "running gag". Damn. Now i have to buy this set as well, thank you very much luna :P

Edited by Kyp

People! Don't worry, I'm 100% sure that these are all just preliminary! The BFH set is not complete in that picture! I'm sure there'll be way more details on the final set, including some Basilisk teeth in the CoS. Also, that room with 'tapestries' will most likely end up having something to do with the RoR. on another note, Perhaps Trelawney is secretly in this set!!! :tongue: I know it's highly unlikely, but TLG doesn't reveal ALL they have in store at these things. Take Comi-Con 2010, for example. They didn't put Bellatrix on display then........ I'm just saying. But, most likely, like some earlier said, they'll prob. just make a set wih Trelawney and make us buy it so we can have her to complete the room!!! :laugh: I honestly think Lupin looks GREAT!....Except for the fact he looks like a Weasley with that orange hair!!!! I hope it's not really that color!!

Edited by Harrypotterfreak

People! Don't worry, I'm 100% sure that these are all just preliminary! The BFH set is not complete in that picture! I'm sure there'll be way more details on the final set, including some Basilisk teeth in the CoS. Also, that room with 'tapestries' will most likely end up having something to do with the RoR. on another note, Perhaps Trelawney is secretly in this set!!! :tongue: I know it's highly unlikely, but TLG doesn't reveal ALL they have in store at these things. Take Comi-Con 2010, for example. They didn't put Bellatrix on display then........ I'm just saying. But, most likely, like some earlier said, they'll prob. just make a set wih Trelawney and make us buy it so we can have her to complete the room!!! :laugh: I honestly think Lupin looks GREAT!....Except for the fact he looks like a Weasley with that orange hair!!!! I hope it's not really that color!!

That's just wishful thinking. Sorry. :laugh:

I just want as many sets as possible :P

Glad I'm not the only one. I need to get Diagon Alley then I'll be caught up until later this year.

Does anyone remember when we got news for Years 1-4? I think that 5-7 has to be released next year so that means we could get at least one more wave.

Has anyone seen that in other movie themed sets? they are using the Hermione head on a lot of female figs. I was hoping to get some new female heads for some custom HP figs.

My impressions of the 2011 Harry Potter line:

Battle for Hogwarts

I don't like the look of the towers; they do not convey the image of Hogwarts at all. I wish they included Lupin's werewolf head for the sake of completion. I am perplexed that they also gave us (yet) another Lucius Malfoy, when there are many other death eaters that could have been included.

Forbiudden Forest

This is extraordinary value. I find the inclusion of Hagrid to be a flaw; we already got two Hagrids within this theme and we really don't need much more (how many half-giants does one need?). In the end, this set will sell well.

Knight Bus

Somehow this set fails to excite me; for me, there is something very strange about the design, which I mostly attribute to the large glass-less windows and nonuniform wheel wells. Also, seeing 'Dre Head' on its own in the character panel on the front of the box seems silly. It would have been nice for TLG to take this opportunity to give us a new Grim. Whether or not I buy it depends on whether or not I find it on sale!:laugh:

Diagon Alley

I think I already mentioned this when it was first announced, but I think it looks phenomenal and I will definitely buy it when Lego has a free shipping promotion again!

Hopefully the good sales number of this wave will encourage Lego to produce some 2012 Harry Potter sets as well! :thumbup:

I'm afraid you're not right. The boxes are preliminary, but the sets themselves not, I think, seen as there are new minifigs and stickers.

Quick question; will Diagon Alley still be around by the end of this year? Exclusives normally hang round a while longer right?

normally they do like the marketplace and the Ship but I wouldn't bet on it for its from a licenced line. And for what I know more selled than the usual Exclusives, thats why my Diagon ally will arrive on Saturday :)

On 2/14/2011 at 8:43 PM, j30spiff said:

Glad I'm not the only one. I need to get Diagon Alley then I'll be caught up until later this year.

Edited by jmbarnas

My diagon alley should be here today, then I'll have every harry potter set made...so far :laugh:

Ha, me too! I'm not really overly excited about these sets now that I've seen them. Battle is cool and of course the minifigs make the set. But, with the rocks at the bottom of the towers make the inclusion with the 4th Hogwarts weird. Obviously, because there's no rocks to be had on the castle, it may look a bit off. Since I missed out on it the first time, I'm looking forward to getting the Knight Bus. The Forbidden forest set is a bit dissappointing...4 figs good, but not when you have 3...

My diagon alley should be here today, then I'll have every harry potter set made...so far :laugh:

Me not :/ i missed out on The Chamber of Secrets and The Hogwarts part with Umbridge for wich i am VERY sorry -.- And i didn't got any of the trains because i don't really like trains that much. But despite those sets i own every Harry potter set made as well :)

Thanks to all the people who posted pictures! Here's what I think of the new sets:

Battle for Hogwarts-

I really like it. The building is great, especially the interior and the grey globe. Although I like most of it, I'm a bit disappointed there's no Ravenclaw commonroom, although it's probably because LEGO are trying to pretend Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff don't exist. The figures are also wonderful, my favourites are Lupin and Sprout, although I'm not sure why Harry's in uniform. Overall, a great set.

Knight Bus

It looks nice, and it's great to get a shrunken head, but I was never interested in this set, and I haven't changed my mind.

Forbidden Forest

I really like this set. It's small and cheap, yet it's so amazing! Narcissa's hair and dress are lovely, but I don't like her face. Harry is in uniform, why? It's a great cheap way to get both Hagrid and Voldemort. It has a nice play feature and a great little bit of forest. I will most likely get this set.

Overall, these sets look great, but I really hope they make more!

I kind of wonder if the reason they didn't include the ravenclaw common room in this set is because maybe they cut that scene from the movie? Like Harry will just ask Luna about a ravenclaw artifact and she'll say the diadem and then he'll go to the grey lady. I'll be really angry if they cut it though. But maybe that "classroom" is supposed to be it? I mean you never now how their common room might look. It has some sort of a blue bottle. I'm also curious about if they're going to include some basilisk fangs in that possible chamber and maybe a golden cup? Also in the forbidden forest, I'm assuming the lever on the tree is a function to blast harry as he's hit with avada kedavra. It's pretty lame though if that's what it does. It also would be kind of neat if it came with either a black stud or a clear black stud for the resurrection stone. But I'll just give him one.

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I kind of wonder if the reason they didn't include the ravenclaw common room in this set is because maybe they cut that scene from the movie? Like Harry will just ask Luna about a ravenclaw artifact and she'll say the diadem and then he'll go to the grey lady..I'll be really angry if they cut it though.

my thoughts exactly :(

I'm afraid you're not right. The boxes are preliminary, but the sets themselves not, I think, seen as there are new minifigs and stickers.

Actually, I think I am. You REALLY think that TLG would just make an empty room? You REALLY think they wouldn't put something in the rocky lower level? I'm not saying the set design and figs aren't final, I'm just saying the details on the inside aren't. And, if that's what the set actually looks like in the end, I will personally write something to TLG.

Edited by Harrypotterfreak

Actually, I think I am. You REALLY think that TLG would just make an empty room? You REALLY think they wouldn't put something in the rocky lower level? I'm not saying the set design and figs aren't final, I'm just saying the details on the inside aren't. And, if that's what the set actually looks like in the end, I will personally write something to TLG.

If they didn't have details in the lower level at Toy Fair, then I'm inclined to agree that they most likely won't in the final product. Those "caves" are only a few bricks high - they don't look like they're meant to be levels as much as decoration for the outside (so that the towers are in line with the elevated bridge). As far as finality at Toy Fair goes, well, take a look at the photos for Hogwarts from a year ago:

Other than the minifigs (due to torso printing), all the details of the set look like they match the final version. And back then, the set was 8 months away from release - the Battle set is currently 4 months away. If TLG was planning on putting interior details in the set, I don't think they would add more at this point.

Does it seem very possible to anyone else that we will see a chamber of secrets soonish? I say this simply because that is the film that they have been giving the most attention to. I mean, we saw freeing Dobby and Hogwarts express. Plus there have been other hints like Aragog and the dairy has appeared in two sets. There was also the basilisk fang in Dumbledores office and in the official description of the set the point it out as a feature. Then there was the floo network in two sets, plus Borgin and Burkes was heavily noted in COS. Then there is the fact we have filch and his cat, who both play a large role in COS. The burrow was also first seen in COS and was a highlight of the film. It has also been proven that the quiditch set is a COS set. In the future sets we are seeing sprout, who, again, was a COS character and really was not THAT important character in the battle. I understand she is a head of house, but she has no students in lego form currently and really has no place. Maybe it's just me... but I can see a LOT of evidence pointing towards a new COS.

also, does it seem odd that in this: photo Hagrid is shorter that everyone else...? Great photoshopping lego! :tongue:

Edited by tj19941994

Does it seem very possible to anyone else that we will see a chamber of secrets soonish? I say this simply because that is the film that they have been giving the most attention to. I mean, we saw freeing Dobby and Hogwarts express. Plus there have been other hints like Aragog and the dairy has appeared in two sets. There was also the basilisk fang in Dumbledores office and in the official description of the set the point it out as a feature. Then there was the floo network in two sets, plus Borgin and Burkes was heavily noted in COS. Then there is the fact we have filch and his cat, who both play a large role in COS. The burrow was also first seen in COS and was a highlight of the film. It has also been proven that the quiditch set is a COS set. In the future sets we are seeing sprout, who, again, was a COS character and really was not THAT important character in the battle. I understand she is a head of house, but she has no students in lego form currently and really has no place. Maybe it's just me... but I can see a LOT of evidence pointing towards a new COS.

also, does it seem odd that in this: photo Hagrid is shorter that everyone else...? Great photoshopping lego! :tongue:

well I would not see that as evidence. They didn't pick those sets because of the COS but because they are returning places (exept for dobby, but i think they just wanted to include a new dobby figure). The Burrow appears in the second, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh book, and if i recall it correctly harrys longest stay there is during the seventh book. You are right about Filch who never played such a big role as in COS but than again i think they just wanted to include hogwarts staff they didn't include before. Sprout makes an appeareance in every book as well and i would say her appereance in Deathly hollows is more important than in Cos. Dumbledore kept Riddles Diary in his hoffice and it was an important hint for him so search the Horkruxes in the sixths book. the Basilisk fangs are important in Deathly hollows as well. The Ford Anglia sure is a COS reference but the whole set isn't for there is Luna and Malfoy wich refere to other Train scenes as well. Aragog makes a second appereance even in the sixth movie (wich sucked by the way). And i don't think the quidditch set is from COS, for harry plays quidditch in his first, second, thrid, fifth(at least one game) and sixth year. Malfoy the same exept for the first and sixth year. Flint and wood stayed for three years as well and madam Hooch is a Teacher making brief appereance now and than but with her biggest one clearly in part one. So to sum it up i just think they wanted to create sets with refrence ans many movies/books as possible

and yeah, the picture of hagrid is funny :)