commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I forgot to post this, but my Target sells Hogwarts for $170. I hope they don't start inflating prices on other sets. :wacko:

Meijer has it for $105.99 and the small one for $34.99

It's from the wedding in Deathly Hallows Part I.

No, I think the minifigure is Slughorn's Christmas party, because he wears a tie with dots, like in the movie, but that is not in the wedding scene.

Edited by hoiharry

Very keen eye hoiharry.

Looking at reference images, it is definitely the Slughorn party Harry and not the Wedding Harry. At the wedding he is wearing a dark vest under his suit with a dark tie. At the Slughorn party he is wearing a dark red shirt with a dark red polka dotted tie.

Very nice observance. An even more obscure Harry than first thought.

Very keen eye hoiharry.

Looking at reference images, it is definitely the Slughorn party Harry and not the Wedding Harry. At the wedding he is wearing a dark vest under his suit with a dark tie. At the Slughorn party he is wearing a dark red shirt with a dark red polka dotted tie.

Very nice observance. An even more obscure Harry than first thought.

No, I think the minifigure is Slughorn's Christmas party, because he wears a tie with dots, like in the movie, but that is not in the wedding scene.

You are absolutely correct. :thumbup: I was able to pick up the book yesterday at Target. The book confirms that this is the outfit Harry wore during "The Slug Club Christmas Party".

Edited by sharky

Not many sets in 2011, but diagon ally is just a wonderfull eddition for the harry potter fans.

Its ashamed that they didn't release new sets in 2012!. Hopefully they will release some new sets in 2013.

With some of the elements of the Harry Potter lego Games. Like hagrids Dog, Hagrids Big brother, Hermoinie' cat, Cornish Pixies, Mandrakes, Chest pieces Quidditch brooms. So much sets that still can be released with amazing part use for ultimate sales!

Not many sets in 2011, but diagon ally is just a wonderfull eddition for the harry potter fans.

Its ashamed that they didn't release new sets in 2012!. Hopefully they will release some new sets in 2013.

With some of the elements of the Harry Potter lego Games. Like hagrids Dog, Hagrids Big brother, Hermoinie' cat, Cornish Pixies, Mandrakes, Chest pieces Quidditch brooms. So much sets that still can be released with amazing part use for ultimate sales!

Sadly, Harry Potter has been discontinued earlier this year. :cry_sad: Unless there is some miracle, or someone gets 10,000 votes for an HP project on Cuusoo, HP will most likely never have another set released. :cry_sad::cry_sad:

Sadly, Harry Potter has been discontinued earlier this year. :cry_sad: Unless there is some miracle, or someone gets 10,000 votes for an HP project on Cuusoo, HP will most likely never have another set released. :cry_sad::cry_sad:

I wouldn't say never. I'm sure when HP went away last time, people said that too. :wink:

True, although last time there was still more movies coming out... :cry_sad:

That's my feeling as well. I have a hunch their license to make sets expired sometime after the last movie was made. Expired by design I would think. Lego probably doesn't see a good business case to continue making sets long after the movies were done. Still, it would have been nice to see some updates of sets that perhaps could be added on to Hogwarts Castle.

I made it a point to get the last 2 sets I wanted to complete my collection before it become difficult to track them down at retail. The 2 sets being 4842 Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley.

Honestly, the only hope I see of HP getting any more sets would be if someone started a massive petition, or a Cuusoo project did exceedingly well. I personally am supporting quite a few HP Cuusoo, and I would also be more than happy to sign and pass around a petition.

I still need to get Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley before I can officially consider my HP collection complete. I just keep getting side-tracked by other lines...

Honestly, the only hope I see of HP getting any more sets would be if someone started a massive petition, or a Cuusoo project did exceedingly well. I personally am supporting quite a few HP Cuusoo, and I would also be more than happy to sign and pass around a petition.

Sadly I think it is a little more involved than simply Lego choosing to discontinue the line. Many of their licenses seem to be in 10 year blocks. The HP one releases started in 2001 and ended with the 2011 releases. I get the feeling that Lego has opted to finish out whatever they still have in the works and not renew the license as there are no further movies coming out. Kind of sad if that's the case as there have been some great sets there. I suspect that the LotR license is not so much a Castle replacement, as designed to fill that "literary fantasy" niche left behind by HP.

If this is the case it may complicate any potential Lego HP CuuSoo projects, for a few years at least. It is unlikely that they would renew just for a CuuSoo set. (And HP is not Minecraft. It is not a small inexpensive one shot license.)

That's my feeling as well. I have a hunch their license to make sets expired sometime after the last movie was made. Expired by design I would think. Lego probably doesn't see a good business case to continue making sets long after the movies were done. Still, it would have been nice to see some updates of sets that perhaps could be added on to Hogwarts Castle.

I made it a point to get the last 2 sets I wanted to complete my collection before it become difficult to track them down at retail. The 2 sets being 4842 Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley.

I believe they hold the license till 2016, I read it here somewhere...

I still need to get Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley before I can officially consider my HP collection complete. I just keep getting side-tracked by other lines...

You should definetaly get Diago Alley, it is probably my favourite set :thumbup:

Diagon Alley and 4842 Hogwarts (and maybe 4867 Hogwarts gate) should be enough to make any Harry Potter fan happy, the rest of the sets are just filler.

I believe they hold the license till 2016, I read it here somewhere...

I have to doubt that. If Lego really had the license, we'd have seen something by now. It's never a good idea to hold onto a license and not have soemthing coming out or in the works. Lego paid for that license, so they always need to be recovering that loss - they can't afford lapses.

I really think that Lego planned it all out this way. With HP ending, it gives them time focus on LOTR/Hobbit, which is a very similiar genre. In a way this means they won't be competing with themselves.