commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

I hope this means more sets. Sirius looks amazing! And those torsos... to cool! :wub:

I can't wait for this game. Is it scheduled for release this year?

Yes, November 11th

Edited by Luna Lovegood

I've got some news guys! Just like SBrown, I sent an email to the LEGO company with a few compliments and questions about the Harry Potter theme. My question about the future of the Harry Potter theme has also been answered, and even if there is still no real yes or no, I think it still sounds positive, read by yourself :classic:

Dear ********

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the end date of our LEGO® Harry Potter™ theme.

The LEGO Harry Potter theme has been doing well for us since its re-release late 2010. Seeing how the theme has a strong fan base since its first appearance in 2002, we are not certain on when the exact exit date would be for this theme. We have released many sets related to the newer movies and all books and we hope to see more within the future.

I have made sure to pass your concerns related to LEGO Harry Potter on to our team. Make sure to keep an eye out for our newest catalogs for future availability.

Please get in touch if you need anything else. It's free to call our experts on 00800 5346 5555 (Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm) or you could go to www.LEGOshop.com.

Happy building!

Kevin

LEGO Direct Consumer Services

I've got some news guys! Just like SBrown, I sent an email to the LEGO company with a few compliments and questions about the Harry Potter theme. My question about the future of the Harry Potter theme has also been answered, and even if there is still no real yes or no, I think it still sounds positive, read by yourself :classic:

Good to see another one of these e-mails, even if it is a little vauge. Interesting that they claim the theme began in 2002, but I guess that just means it's a real person :classic: .

10or is right!

Just found some HD pictures of the new game, Sirius beeing so detailled sort of surprises me, but, after all, we may also assume the designers fo the game put extra effort in designing these again :classic:

6055558752_5a780e4e94.jpg

GET AWAY FROM MY GODSON!

If the designers were to put extra effort into the game (character wise), then why would other pictures suggest that Lucius, Dumbledore, and Arthur all resemble older versions of the minifigures, it is definitly possible that they will change though.

And why would they make a more detailed Sirius if there isn't the possibility for LEGO to release one identical (or very similar) to this one if most kids who played Year 1-4 would associate the Sirius who appeared in that game as the Sirius minifigure, so it would make more sense to tweak him a little (use clothes from the photograph in 1-4 and maybe a cleaned up face).

Edited by Superficial Username

that message from LEGO does sound pretty positive :)

about the game, i really hope they update the Lucius to the one they have released in the new wave, he looks closer to the movie version

I think Dumbledore is updated, it is hard to tell with the pic, i wanna see a trailer to see Tonks and the Dursley's! see if they look detailed like Sirius does!

about the game, i really hope they update the Lucius to the one they have released in the new wave, he looks closer to the movie version

I think Dumbledore is updated, it is hard to tell with the pic, i wanna see a trailer to see Tonks and the Dursley's! see if they look detailed like Sirius does!

With this, i guess i will hold off on buying a sirius black from bricklink. I want to see if this one gets made so that i can have him instead of old rags from the past lol.

With this, i guess i will hold off on buying a sirius black from bricklink. I want to see if this one gets made so that i can have him instead of old rags from the past lol.

Just make one yourself using the POP hair and one of the POTC heads with facial hair. Trust me, it looks better than the original!

263454_10150245979637482_64501422481_7294524_8177753_n-585x322.jpg

Dumbledore is here at the bottom of the picture.

He isn't updated, the eyebrows give it away, doesn't mean they won't change it though!

Just make one yourself using the POP hair and one of the POTC heads with facial hair. Trust me, it looks better than the original!

I hadn't considered that. Thanks for the tip! I've been wanting a Sirius also, but that will have to do for now.

And I agree, those torsos look awesome! I want them all!

A new Sirius would be really awesome! The old one has always been pretty lame even when the sets came out... But I really can't figure out what color would his torso be. On this picture, it looks like a mix between Sand Green and Dark Tan...

6055558752_5a780e4e94.jpg

Anyway... I just hope they are going to release him sooner or later! :D

Hi, I just wanted to say that, like others have done before me, I've sent an e-mail to LEGO asking about the future of the theme. This is the answer:

Dear ******,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We are always happy to hear from loyal LEGO fans!

As our designers in Denmark keep everything very secretive, I'm afraid we are not able to say how much longer the Harry Potter range is going to be available.

It might be around a little longer or much longer, but I can't tell you about the availability of current LEGO toyss.

The best way to stay up to date is to join our free LEGO club! We'll even send you five LEGO magazines a year!

All you need to do is go to www.LEGOclub.com and sign up, or call one of our experts on 00800 5346 5555 and let them know you want to join.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

Happy building!

Ina Pautz

LEGO Direct

Do you read what I read? Id doesn't say it could be already finished, but that it could last "a little longer or much longer". I don't know you, but I feel quite more positive now.

I tell you something years 5-7 needs, it will be the most useful spell after Wingardium Leviosa, Protego! On years 1-4 you couldn't protect yourself against spells and it would be great to be able too, Anyone agree? :classic:

I tell you something years 5-7 needs, it will be the most useful spell after Wingardium Leviosa, Protego! On years 1-4 you couldn't protect yourself against spells and it would be great to be able too, Anyone agree? :classic:

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :classic: I REALLY want a trailer. . of any nature. . just so that we get an idea of a LEGO Tonks, Slughorn and Kingsley- when I see them, I can die happily ( but ideally I want to play the game aswell :grin: )

Those screenshots of Years 5-7 are great and all, but, like was said above, we need a trailer! We've gotta get one soon. Hopefully they'll be like the ones released for the first game (a trailer for each year featuring best bits).

Also, has anyone preordered the game from GAME? If you do, you get a free Hogwarts Express mini model, like the one with Diagon Alley!

Yeah that sounds like a good idea :classic: I REALLY want a trailer. . of any nature. . just so that we get an idea of a LEGO Tonks, Slughorn and Kingsley- when I see them, I can die happily ( but ideally I want to play the game aswell :grin: )

Have you seen the gameplay of one of the levels? If not then here is a link for it:

Enjoy! :classic:

Have you seen the gameplay of one of the levels? If not then here is a link for it:

Enjoy! :classic:

Thanks but i've seen and played that level already :laugh: but cheers anyway :classic:

Hi I'm new but sent an email to Lego bout the green snake price in the two new summer set if that was supposed to be nagini. They said it wasn't designed to be but you could pretend. By the way I'm about to buy Daigon alley. Is it really worth it?

The Diagon Alley set is really, really worth it. As a LEGO Harry Potter fan I think it's the best LEGO set ever. It's got everything, great parts, good minifigures and beautiful buildings. Although I have it for a quite a while now, I think I'll make a review of it this week. :sweet:

I'd love to see some more LEGO Harry Potter sets next year, but from what has been said I'm not sure about it. And certainly with the rumours of a Lord of the Rings theme, if it's true, it's bye-bye Harry. :sceptic:

When on wart are we going to get a trailer?! It comes out In november so you would think a trailer would be out now?!

Whoah, that has to be the most epic poster for a Lego game yet :thumbup: . Is it just me, or does it look like TLG created a new Hermione figure for 5-7?

The Diagon Alley set is really, really worth it. As a LEGO Harry Potter fan I think it's the best LEGO set ever. It's got everything, great parts, good minifigures and beautiful buildings. Although I have it for a quite a while now, I think I'll make a review of it this week. :sweet:

I know, it's a beautiful set isn't it? The only thing I didn't like is the interior of Gringotts. Sure, you can fix it with some MODs, but the exterior really makes up for it. I'm also a big fan of Ollivander's. Borgin and Burkes is kinda eh, but that Vanishing Cabinet is awesome! Way better than the one in the castle. So far it's my biggest set yet, until I get the Death Star. :laugh: