commanderneyo

Harry Potter 2011 Discussion

Got the book and..

it shows a concept of what i believe is Malfoy Manor. It has Harry, Hermione, Narcissa, Bellatrix and an unknown.

I hope this means a continuation!

109_0062-1.jpg

Thanks for this. Did it have any written information around it?

I really hope that this does become a set. I hope that the background is actual LEGO, though. I think that the unknown could be Ollivander, Malfoy or Scabior. Thanks again for sharing!

Thanks for this. Did it have any written information around it?

I really hope that this does become a set. I hope that the background is actual LEGO, though. I think that the unknown could be Ollivander, Malfoy or Scabior. Thanks again for sharing!

Nope, no addition information, it was on a page with no words just a collage of the Harry Potter team and the steps for making new sets

The news of a possible-Malfoy Manor set doesn't really surprise me or excite me. Plus, does anyone remember the source saying that set was in the works? It just seems like an easy to set to reuse figures, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bella, Mr and Mrs Malfoy, Dobby, Bella, Draco, Olivander or Grayback. The only new figures we could get would be Scayboir (That's not how you spell it, but you know what I mean) or Wormtail.

I'd rather have a Ministry of Magic set!

The news of a possible-Malfoy Manor set doesn't really surprise me or excite me. Plus, does anyone remember the source saying that set was in the works? It just seems like an easy to set to reuse figures, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Bella, Mr and Mrs Malfoy, Dobby, Bella, Draco, Olivander or Grayback. The only new figures we could get would be Scayboir (That's not how you spell it, but you know what I mean) or Wormtail.

I'd rather have a Ministry of Magic set!

I agree with you about wanting a MoM set, but I disagree about Malfoy Manor. So far Bellatrix has only appeared in one of the larger sets, and Hermione has only appeared in the largest set and a medium sized set. This looks as though it is relatively cheap (a wall with some furniture, 5 figs). It's also looks as though Hermione and Narcissa have some new clothes, plus it's possible that the mystery fig is new. So I'm quite happy about this possible new set.

I agree with you about wanting a MoM set, but I disagree about Malfoy Manor. So far Bellatrix has only appeared in one of the larger sets, and Hermione has only appeared in the largest set and a medium sized set. This looks as though it is relatively cheap (a wall with some furniture, 5 figs). It's also looks as though Hermione and Narcissa have some new clothes, plus it's possible that the mystery fig is new. So I'm quite happy about this possible new set.

I mentioned earlier the idea of the Ministry of Magic courtroom from the 7th book. It could have a new Umbridge, two dementors, Harry and Ron in their Polyjuice forms (with double sided heads), and maybe Hermione or Yaxley.

Also, this sketch is just that, a sketch. It looks like they had the idea of doing this set, but then decided to go with something else (the new Hogwarts add on set?) instead. It reminds me of the picture of the prototype Yavin 4 base set from the SW visual dictionary.

Also, this sketch is just that, a sketch. It looks like they had the idea of doing this set, but then decided to go with something else (the new Hogwarts add on set?) instead. It reminds me of the picture of the prototype Yavin 4 base set from the SW visual dictionary.

You're probably right. I don't think they'd show a preview of this set if it was going to be made, seeing as they hate people posting prelims so much.

However, I hope you're wrong :tongue: . I hope that this is a sign of a continuation, and that this theme lives for a few more years. I doubt it, though.

Just because there's a drawing in the book doesn't mean it's going to be a set, or were getting new sets... Here's to hoping, though!

The idea of getting that set really exites me, mostly becasue of the concept of making a facade, somenting which I don't recall LEGO doing in any recent set. Although, the concept of getting a full malfoy manner, though remote, is even more exciting.

The thought of the line ending this year really makes me sad. Quiet honestly, I would buy any set in the harry potter line, as I have done so far. I mean, even the Knight bus, which really doesn't intrest or exhilarate me is stil going to be bought the second I see it. And maybe that is just me but I should think there are a great deal more fans who's opinions lie in the same area as mine.

If it does have to go out after one more run, then at least make the last one a big one! One as good as the 2010 line instead of ending it the same way the first run of HP sets ended... with 5378 :sick:

p.s. Sorry if my spelling was awful in that post. My spell check just died haha.

The idea of getting that set really exites me, mostly becasue of the concept of making a facade, somenting which I don't recall LEGO doing in any recent set. Although, the concept of getting a full malfoy manner, though remote, is even more exciting.

The thought of the line ending this year really makes me sad. Quiet honestly, I would buy any set in the harry potter line, as I have done so far. I mean, even the Knight bus, which really doesn't intrest or exhilarate me is stil going to be bought the second I see it. And maybe that is just me but I should think there are a great deal more fans who's opinions lie in the same area as mine.

If it does have to go out after one more run, then at least make the last one a big one! One as good as the 2010 line instead of ending it the same way the first run of HP sets ended... with 5378 :sick:

p.s. Sorry if my spelling was awful in that post. My spell check just died haha.

i really agree with your sentiments TJ. I hope they keep the line going but it just depends on what they want to do next year in terms of licenses. It will be a commercial decision in the end so lets hope the HP sets outperformed everything other than SW and then we may get our wish. There is so much potential in this so i think there is a chance. If they plan to resurect Batman for next year though then I think there is no chance.

I'll also be sad to see these go. It will be the third strike of deaths in our HP lives(first the books, then as of July 15th the movies). So, come on Lego, don't let him die! Granted, they don't have as many set ideas as they could get from SW, but there's still quite a bit memorable, and even some good sets they could reproduce in Lego form. As seen in the 2012 HP ideas thread. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Set 8484 - Ultimate Building Lightning McQueen : Review

*Snip*

Thanks for the pics of the new...set....

Wait, that's an unecessary link to your website. And it's not even on-topic. :sceptic:

CallMePieOrDie,

www.pockyland.net is not my site. It is link on review. I don't understand.

That has nothing to do with Harry Potter, so why have you posted it in this topic?

That has nothing to do with Harry Potter, so why have you posted it in this topic?

Oh, sorry. :(

I ask to delete these messages.

Edited by vagrant

I'll also be sad to see these go. It will be the third strike of deaths in our HP lives(first the books, then as of July 15th the movies). So, come on Lego, don't let him die! Granted, they don't have as many set ideas as they could get from SW, but there's still quite a bit memorable, and even some good sets they could reproduce in Lego form. As seen in the 2012 HP ideas thread. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who can't do anything but moan and complain about how Star Wars is a "zombie franchise" and how George Lucas "should have just stopped after the third film" (I think I've heard at least one person say that he should have stopped after the first). Frankly, I don't see Harry Potter disappearing from the public consciousness anytime soon. There will be some gambit or another to keep it popular, even if it's as simple as releasing "ULTIMATE GOLD DELUXE EDITIONS" of every film once the DVDs are all out.

The question is, is this enough to keep the Harry Potter franchise afloat? After all, Harry Potter has very little in the way of "expanded universe" material-- just The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, and Quidditch Through the Ages. Yes, there have been video games, but only "tie-in" video games with the release of the films (okay, plus the Quidditch World Cup game, which I'll admit was one of my favorites on the Game Boy Advance). And I have no idea whether J.K. Rowling has any intention of writing brand-new story material-- she certainly doesn't seem like the type who'd allow other authors to publish works using her characters, unlike His Mighty Lucasness.

If the Harry Potter franchise remains as well-known and active as the Star Wars franchise, then the LEGO theme could last just as long. But otherwise, I don't see the theme continuing for more than maybe a few years after the last film (and of course AFOLs would complain the whole time about "how many ______s do we need" or about Harry being in too many sets, caught in the same delusions that currently ensnare so many Star Wars fans). Yes, we want the Harry Potter theme to continue, but frankly we all know that TLG couldn't just release one Hogwarts Castle set and leave it at that for five years. That's completely unreasonable when you assume that most kids don't know or care what sets were on shelves years ago.

It's the same reason why LEGO needs to release a Millenium Falcon every other year, and Hogwarts and the Hogwarts Express can both be expected to get the same treatment. In the meantime, this would stop TLG from releasing sets of other, less notable locations. Frankly, there will probably never be a set of Professor Slughorn's house no matter how many years the theme continues. As much as people would like it, we'd never get the full cast of characters or full panoply of locations. That's part of why MOCing exists-- because frankly, there are some potential sets that would simply never be worth LEGO's time.

Me, I take things in stride. I don't care if TLG releases a set of something they just released a set of two years ago. If I got the one two years ago, I'll just ignore the new one, and if I missed the old one I might get the new one, but chances are I might not be interested in getting either, so no point making a fuss.

It's true, TLG has put up a valiant effort to avoid direct repeats within this latest iteration of the theme, only repeating the best concepts from the previous iterations. They've even given us minifigures we would never have even anticipated previously, like Professor Sprout and Narcissa Malfoy. But to be honest, they're a business, and they're interested in making money. This will mean ideas many of us won't like if the theme continues, and it means that the theme can't continue unless Harry Potter merchandise in general continues flying off the shelves. It's hardly TLG's decision whether the theme lasts after the final movie has been released.

the new Hogwarts looks great connected to the 2010 Hogwarts!

Excited to get it!

anyone who pre-ordered the sets get a confirmation of shipment yet?

I actually went ahead and emailed LEGO to cancel my order.... I've already found the sets in store, and LEGO hasn't even given me a confirmation yet.

I actually went ahead and emailed LEGO to cancel my order.... I've already found the sets in store, and LEGO hasn't even given me a confirmation yet.

I just called them and within 24 hours I should receive a tracking number

they said that there was a lot of pre-orders/orders for the new sets

I just spent most of my money on Diagon Alley so it'll be a while before I can get any of the new sets. Personally I am most excited about 4867 Hogwarts (I have always wanted a Proffesor Sprout!), I just wish it was more fully decorated inside.

This is slightly off topic, does anyone else think there could be nothing better than a Harry Potter advent calender, with plenty of exclusive minifigs and details to add to our Hogwarts castles?

That would be amazing! :grin:

The interior is lacking, but it'll be easy to modify. The rooms from my Hogwart's Castle are totally different now after much modifying. :classic:

And I think a HP Advent Calendar would be very appropriate... since they actually celebrate Christmas in HP! I could see Ron in his 'R' sweater and pajama bottoms and Harry in his Pajamas as minifigures. A Santa Dumbldore would be cool to. :laugh:

I just called them and within 24 hours I should receive a tracking number

they said that there was a lot of pre-orders/orders for the new sets

Huh. Do you think an email should be necessary? I haven't received any shipping confirmation yet, which I found a bit odd. The pre-order for the last wave of HP sets went very smoothly, so I don't see why this one should've messed up.