MCNwakeboard

Lego Black Pearl MOC

[pid][/pid] 115D

While this forum is awash in great Black Pearl MOCs, I wanted to share mine as well. Two Black Pearl sets were used in addition to some pieces from my collection and a few small Bricklink orders. flickr

Main View

6494115695_25a95b6472.jpg

Rear View with Lights

6494120475_941f0e8e51.jpg

Captains Cabin

6494122567_c78796c82c.jpg

Ship Deck

6494117571_eaa7f44ed9.jpg

A very nice ship, it's not the most accurate since it has more masts than the real one but so what ? more masts make a better ship :pir_laugh2:

I love the cabin interior picture; it looks so spacy, keep it up :pir-classic:

I'd rather not call this the Black Pearl for the inaccuracies it has. The mentioned number of masts is a big difference. Also I really like your idea of solving the back under the cabin, but it really looks nothing like the Pearl. it's awesome for a generic ship though and as such it's a very good build! I'd also really like to see a Pearl with an accurate long cabin version. If you look at the side view of the Pearl, the cabin part + the fence for stairs and additional cannons is almost 1/3 of the hull length.

I'll try to make my version, but need to bricklink some more sails and the black hull middle parts. I'm not buying two sets for just a few parts ... hope to post my solution in a near future.

Thanks for the comments, I'll take them into consideration as I rebuild and modify. The extra mast is an issue but I included it as some models of the pearl have a third mast close to the helm and the my ship design didn't allow for that. The shorter and longer cabin length is something that could be improved as well.

The extra ship cost was alleviated by selling the crew off on eBay since they seem to be selling well right now.

hello, i like how you put the light into your moc. i also had this idea when watching the movies few days ago and the pearl could be seen in the dark from side behind, i think it was quite in the beginning of the second movie. i just dont have lightbricks or any other equip for that or any experience with this in lego. so very well done^^ i know you didnt want to make it a real modell of the movie version or a real ship modell as in the ucs black pearl thread. i only think it could use some curves, try to moc it a bit cuvier^^ the cabin is great so far, maybe also a bit curvier, maybe the windows not all in the same hight position and the cannons as well...

As far as inaccuracies to the real Pearl, I will say this still looks like a great build and a great ship. I love the stern, even if it isn't exactly like the Pearl's. I think it adds something extra to this ship.

And the lights at night picture looks incredible.

Keep up the brilliant work.

This is what Lego is for: build your own interpretations, creations, ideas. you can build a black pearl, which looks completely different from the movie version. do anything you want, the only thing that matters is that it makes you happy with it.

Looks like the Black Pearl to me. You've kept it inside the style of the official sets, which could be detracting from the accuracy when compared to for example gatorzip's recent post. But I like this style too - I could see this being released as a counterpart (if only :pir-cry_sad: ) to the 10210 Imperial Flagship. Is there an interior to the gundeck? There's definitely space for it. And as others have said the lighting function is great. Nice work!

Edited by Skipper

This is what Lego is for: build your own interpretations, creations, ideas. you can build a black pearl, which looks completely different from the movie version. do anything you want, the only thing that matters is that it makes you happy with it.

That's the great thing about Lego, nothing is ever wrong. This Black Pearl is a really faithful representation to the movie one. I am always amazed with people who can incorporate non Lego parts like lights into their set.

I definitely love your BP! It's an amazing ship! I'm into Pirates sets since very short time and I own you just two ships, but I wish I can build my own very soon! :pir-classic:

Awesome! I love your rendition of the ship. It's quite lovely. I love the work you did on the hull.