CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

Just now, Duncan Young said:

So, um, what? *huh*

Just now, doclord said:

Wow. Oh man. Why?

Heh, I don't know, but to me, it's just yet another random licensed acquirement. I mean, if this were rather part of a broader Dreamworks Animation umbrella theme, maybe I'd be interested. But no, as a playtheme, it'll be likely nothing more than an Angry Birds Movie 2.0, with no long-term life within Lego's portfolio beyond its throwaway purpose of promoting this movie for only a year. :sadnew:

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Heh, I don't know, but to me, it's just yet another random licensed acquirement. I mean, if this were rather part of a broader Dreamworks Animation umbrella theme, maybe I'd be interested. But no, as a playtheme, it'll be likely nothing more than an Angry Birds Movie 2.0, with no long-term life within Lego's portfolio beyond its throwaway purpose of promoting this movie for only a year. :sadnew:

More Batman please!

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I mean, if this were rather part of a broader Dreamworks Animation umbrella theme, maybe I'd be interested.

Wasn't there rumors of Shrek being considered for Lego Dimensions back in the day? If Dreamworks is licensing with Lego, I wouldn't put it past them to bring that idea out of storage.

There's a possible LEGO TROLLS coming? Is this true?

Take the worst and ugliest and worst fad of the 80s and 90s and bring it to the future... I guess they had that CGI movie I'm vaguely aware of?

Look on the previous page.  It was posted by lego and it isn't April 1st.  Plus it's rated for kids and will probably be 4+ sets.

Personally, if they make LEGO trolls then I would like to see LEGO Shrek or LEGO How to Train your Dragon

If they do dream-works I want LEGO Madagascar. Imagine all the cool parts such a theme could deliver...

According to @dimaks13, there's a new licensed theme coming next year primarily marketed to girls, with set numbers and placeholder names as follows...

• 41250 Tbd Water
  • 41251 Tbd Flower
  • 41252 Tbd Air
  • 41253 Tbd Cactus
  • 41254 Tbd Flame
  • 41255 Tbd Big Flower
  • 41256 [Unknown]

Any gander at what this could possibly be??? :def_shrug: 

10 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

According to @dimaks13, there's a new licensed theme coming next year primarily marketed to girls, with set numbers and placeholder names as follows...

• 41250 Tbd Water
  • 41251 Tbd Flower
  • 41252 Tbd Air
  • 41253 Tbd Cactus
  • 41254 Tbd Flame
  • 41255 Tbd Big Flower
  • 41256 [Unknown]

Any gander at what this could possibly be??? :def_shrug: 

Not the 'Trolls World Tour' sets are they?

Edited by Brick Cucumber

1 minute ago, Brick Cucumber said:

Not the 'Trolls World Tour' sets are they?

Nope, the possible set numbers for those (also as according to dimaks13) are 75546 through 75551

This is definitely of some pertaince here...

Brick Fanatics - LEGO The Fast and the Furious Set Rumoured for 2020

Brick Fanatics understands that a LEGO set based on The Fast and the Furious franchise may be coming in 2020.

Later in the year there will be plenty more sets in the way, with one expected to be based on The Fast and the Furious film franchise. According to information received by Brick Fanatics, it will not be a minifigure based set, but something closer to 10262 James Bond Aston Martin based on the Dodge Charger.

The theme that the set will fit into is not yet clear, but both Creator Expert and Technic would be suitable for an adult-targeted, car based model.

Fast & Furious 9 will be released in cinemas on May 22, 2020.

Makes sense. LEGO loves their Creator cars and now they can over charge for another theme.

Interesting. Not sure why the attachment to the series may be happening, as that car is iconic enough on its own, much like the Mustang. But I certainly welcome it, it’s it’s anything like the Mustang it’ll be amazing.

Well, this rumor proves that certain IPs that are not allowed on LEGO Ideas can be considered internally at LEGO designer meetings!

13 hours ago, MatthewRC said:

Well, this rumor proves that certain IPs that are not allowed on LEGO Ideas can be considered internally at LEGO designer meetings!

It might be a coincidence, but it ties in with something we were talking about in another thread about the new film deal with Universal. 

Maybe the Creator Expert cara are going to start alternating between a film or TV set and a regular licensed car?

James Bond two years ago and now this? 

3 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

It might be a coincidence, but it ties in with something we were talking about in another thread about the new film deal with Universal. 

I remember when LEGO previously partnered with Universal for Bionicle: The Legend Reborn and the Clutch Powers movie. Nice to see this reunion!

1 hour ago, MatthewRC said:

Finally! As long as this is a reliable source.

They are a reliable source being a RLFM and all, but it's hard to say whether the piece is just speculation or something more. It just seem too early to be receiving rumors of anything releasing in 2022, and I have to wonder if Google might not be translating the article correctly. :def_shrug:

Via Google Translate:

If we here assembled report on rumors, then the one we quite simply very welcome. Then let's do it: The new Minions film, which will be released in cinemas in the summer and will bring us LEGO sets from May, comes from the forge of Illumination Entertainment. Just any 3D Studio is also working on a Super Mario Bros. animated film that should come in 2022 in the cinemas. The story comes from Mario inventor Shigeru Miyamoto himself!

And now we are putting together some puzzle pieces: Since LEGO has already entered into a cooperation with Illumination, this in turn could mean that Mario sets tailored to the film are possible. This rumor has been going on for weeks. However, Nintendo is currently cooperating with Mega Bloks, at least on some Pokemon sets. Here the legal situation is even more confusing, since Nintendo is not the only right holder. Minions sets for the first film, however, also appeared on Mega Bloks, but the license has now moved to LEGO. The legal situation regarding the Super Mario Bros. film is unclear and LEGO will not be able to look into the cards at the moment. Star Trek sets are also currently appearing on Mega Bloks and I hope for years that LEGO could one day take care of the topic.

But currently there are rumors about possible Super Mario sets. In any case, film kits would be conceivable. Sonic was released as a minifigure as part of LEGO Dimensions . Mario and Luigi are missing! I'm so excited about the film. And matching LEGO sets? I would be thrilled!

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

They are a reliable source being a RLFM and all, but it's hard to say whether the piece is just speculation or something more. It just seem too early to be receiving rumors of anything releasing in 2022, and I have to wonder if Google might not be translating the article correctly. :def_shrug:

Great! I hope we get some video game series-based Mario sets as well!

27 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I have to wonder if Google might not be translating the article correctly

The translation is quite correct. "right holder " and "legal situation" confers to IP-rights.

The Mario rumor is pathetic even for the LEGO community of adult children.

"The same company is making a Mario movie that made Minions and MegaBloks had Minions and now LEGO does so LEGO must be making Mario years from now!?!?!!?"

I think we are going to get an Ice Planet 2102 theme in the year 2054. :hmpf:

5 hours ago, Maple said:

The Mario rumor is pathetic even for the LEGO community of adult children.

"The same company is making a Mario movie that made Minions and MegaBloks had Minions and now LEGO does so LEGO must be making Mario years from now!?!?!!?"

I think we are going to get an Ice Planet 2102 theme in the year 2054. :hmpf:

The unnecessary ire aside, there is some plausibility to this rumour. Illumination is owned by Universal, and Universal recently entered talks with Lego to make films together. It might not be a Lego-based film, but the contract is almost there and is likely to extend into 2022 and beyond. As rumours go it’s better than a hell of a lot of them.

I see nothing about the stadium that makes it worth buying unless you are a fan of Soccer (and especially UK Soccer) or happen to like that particular stadium.

Now if they ever did Suncorp (here in Brisbane) I might be interested...