CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

I just can't suspend my disbelief on this....

Neither can I to be honest, there's a reason I said I'd eat Winona Ryder if we got the set :roflmao:

I'm not saying StoneWars, BrickFanatics etc. don't know what they're talking about since they've been very reliable in the past but rumors just sometimes turn out to be false - even if they come from very trusted sources. (It wouldn't be the first time this happened)

I just recently rewatched the show too which is probably also why I have such a hard time believing this - the show is far darker than I remember, there is loads of swearing in it (even the occasional f-bomb) and the gore is almost on an R-rated movie level

in the later episodes of Season 2. If this does however turn out to be true, I think it will be the absolute limit of what Lego would be willing to do looking at licenses. I'm not entirely sure what rating the show has in the US, but here in Germany it has the same 

rating as shows like Game of Thrones or Breaking Bad. 

That being said, if it does happen, I can only pray it's the lab and not the Byers house, my throat would thank me for it :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Puresh said:

Neither can I to be honest, there's a reason I said I'd eat Winona Ryder if we got the set :roflmao:

I'm not saying StoneWars, BrickFanatics etc. don't know what they're talking about since they've been very reliable in the past but rumors just sometimes turn out to be false - even if they come from very trusted sources. (It wouldn't be the first time this happened)

I just recently rewatched the show too which is probably also why I have such a hard time believing this - the show is far darker than I remember, there is loads of swearing in it (even the occasional f-bomb) and the gore is almost on an R-rated movie level

in the later episodes of Season 2. If this does however turn out to be true, I think it will be the absolute limit of what Lego would be willing to do looking at licenses. I'm not entirely sure what rating the show has in the US, but here in Germany it has the same 

That being said, if it does happen, I can only pray it's the lab and not the Byers house, my throat would thank me for it :laugh:

Screenshot_188.png

From IMDB.

The House is the most iconic place in the series- so no doubt if this set happens, that's where it'll be based.

Edited by Vonsek

2 hours ago, Puresh said:

You only said you'd eat that minifig, but you didn't specify how :wink: Ingesting the individual parts should count, shouldn't it? :laugh_hard:

Back to topic: I wonder who the source for that rumor is if even brickfanatics report on it... Those reputable sources surely wouldn't trust some rando on the internet I assume :tongue:

9 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Those reputable sources surely wouldn't trust some rando on the internet I assume :tongue:

No, they wouldn't :wink:

Edited by StoneWarsDE

10 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

You only said you'd eat that minifig, but you didn't specify how :wink: Ingesting the individual parts should count, shouldn't it? :laugh_hard:

Back to topic: I wonder who the source for that rumor is if even brickfanatics report on it... Those reputable sources surely wouldn't trust some rando on the internet I assume :tongue:

Given how long BrickFanatics took to report on it, I think we can safely say they heard it from a source of their own, the same goes for BrickWars :wink:

On 3/18/2019 at 12:56 PM, Puresh said:

Side note, I went and looked it up and there isn't a single f-bomb in the entire show.  Frequent swearing out of Dustin's mouth? yes, but no f-bombs from any character in the entire show.  If this was a movie it would be rated PG-13.  No nudity, no major blood either (edit: just rewatched the clip of Bob Newby dying, there is blood there but it is pretty quick and I don't think it would constitute an R rating in today's system). Its def dark but the rating system doesn't have anything that would trigger an R rating.  Ratings are determined on a point based system that get tallied up. If you cross the threshold, you get that rating, but those thresholds are changed from time to time.

Edited by dvt

5 hours ago, dvt said:

Side note, I went and looked it up and there isn't a single f-bomb in the entire show.  Frequent swearing out of Dustin's mouth? yes, but no f-bombs from any character in the entire show.

Huh that's odd - it has only been a few days since my rewatch and I vividly remember those two bully friends of Steve drooping a f-bomb two or three times. Maybe that's just how they translated it in German :wacko:

Edited by Puresh

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

While we're on the subject of Stranger Things...

So hyped.

those cronenberg style monsters are definitely a bit far for Lego. Maybe with forma and that survey about adult fans, they’re experimenting with embracing AFOLs with adult only sets? Stranger things would be a good place to start, it has a very strong fan base, and is one of those shows that generates loads of merchandise for casual fans. And the set would probably release in conjunction with season 3

On 3/20/2019 at 9:09 AM, Whovastron said:

Stranger things would be a good place to start, it has a very strong fan base, and is one of those shows that generates loads of merchandise for casual fans. And the set would probably release in conjunction with season 3

If this rumored D2C is indeed real, maybe a CMS based upon the show could be released for 2020 after the fact? :shrug_confused:

18 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If this rumored D2C is indeed real, maybe a CMS based upon the show could be released for 2020 after the fact? :shrug_confused:

To be honest, I don't know how much potential a Stranger things CMF series would have... apart from the "monsters", the series tends to focus on a relatively small cast of characters, most of whom have a fairly grounded, "normal" aesthetic. If the rumors of a Stranger Things set are true (and there's reason to be skeptical), I don't see why the majority of the core cast couldn't be represented in a single set, or failing that, a follow-up set if the initial set's sales were successful.

4 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest, I don't know how much potential a Stranger things CMF series would have... apart from the "monsters", the series tends to focus on a relatively small cast of characters, most of whom have a fairly grounded, "normal" aesthetic. If the rumors of a Stranger Things set are true (and there's reason to be skeptical), I don't see why the majority of the core cast couldn't be represented in a single set, or failing that, a follow-up set if the initial set's sales were successful.

True, and I'd be perfectly alright with that, as it'd just be another dead-end licensed CMS line. :sceptic:

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

That is certainly true, but then again there's only so many characters you can include in a D2C that scale. If we include the main kids, Hopper, Joyce, the three teenagers and the Demogorgon, we're already at 12 minifigures. This would give us very little wiggle room to get other popular characters like Bob, Barb or Brenner.

We definitely wouldn’t get a adult orientated CMF series. The series is meant to be impulse buys for kids at shops. A D2C can be for adults as you can only get it in one place and it’s expensive

While we're waiting to hear if whether or not this D2C rumor is true, here's some interesting news:

Screen Rant - Stranger Things Ending With A Movie After Season 4

According to a press release from Netflix, Stranger Things creators Matt and Ross Duffer are ending the series with a movie followings its fourth season. Though details are sparse, the movie will stream on Netflix, but its release date - as well as season four's release date - have not been confirmed. Netflix is also considering a limited theatrical run for the movie. In an official statement, the Duffer Brothers stated that they had "planned the ending for a while" and "in order to avoid overkill or the temptation to ride the show's success," ending with a movie after season 4 "feels right." They also confirmed that the series will remain in the 1980s.

Edit: Damnit! That was the first APRIL FOOLS joke I feel for today! :wall: :head_back:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

6 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

While we're waiting to hear if whether or not this D2C rumor is true, here's some interesting news:

Screen Rant - Stranger Things Ending With A Movie After Season 4

Edit: Damnit! That was the first APRIL FOOLS joke I feel for today! :wall: :head_back:

Damnit, I also fell for it  :roflmao:

I think the Duffer brothers have indeed mentioned that they want to end the show after 4 or 5 seasons though, as they don't want to needlessly milk it to death like other shows (looking at you, Walking Dead) 

43 minutes ago, Puresh said:

I think the Duffer brothers have indeed mentioned that they want to end the show after 4 or 5 seasons though, as they don't want to needlessly milk it to death like other shows (looking at you, Walking Dead)

Yeah, hence why I likely fell for it. :blush:

4 hours ago, Puresh said:

Damnit, I also fell for it  :roflmao:

The Walking Dead literally became a walking dead

So the teased event on May 15 at midnight at Leicester square, any body else think it could possibly be another James Bond related set. The image they used looks very similar to the one used when the started teasing the Aston Martin. 

9 hours ago, RyanMe said:

So the teased event on May 15 at midnight at Leicester square, any body else think it could possibly be another James Bond related set. The image they used looks very similar to the one used when the started teasing the Aston Martin. 

Everyone's pretty sure it's going to be the rumored Stranger Things D2C...

10 hours ago, RyanMe said:

There’s a partial photograph in the teaser, which is a screen grab of Will Byres from Stranger things

I just saw that on FB! I’m going back now to check through this thread - has it been brought up before?