CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

If Nightmare Before Christmas turns out to be a Brickheadz set I’ll be bummed, because my son loves that movie but doesn’t like the look of those sets.

How would Nightmare Brickheadz even work? The main character's defining traits are his grossly exaggerated proportions; trying to condense Jack into the same squashed block as the others just wouldn't work out IMO.

3 hours ago, RyanMe said:

I collect them!!

28233375_10161528188075206_700298157_n.jpg?oh=96d3da71ca884c6701fbc7b805496989&oe=5A9079BF

So do I! They’re so much better and more successful than Mega Brands’ Kubros.

7 minutes ago, MatthewRC said:

So do I! They’re so much better and more successful than Mega Brands’ Kubros.

Me too, and ive made many customs

17 minutes ago, x105Black said:

What is the appeal of Brickheadz?

No idea

For me, these are the new mixels: I get them but never actually build them. Just for the pieces

To each its own, I guesd

For me the appeal is: They are cute and they are very versatile. Maybe the cuteness comes from the head-body relation, just like babies. And next to the official released ones, there are so many great Brickheadz-Mocs, that all fit together since they have the same basic-structure. Just my 2 cents...

Well I for one am excited about Ghostbusters Brickheadz. Unlikely as it is, I'd love if they did the original team. (Venkman, Stantz, Spengler, and Zeddemore) There's also been talk of smaller Brickheadz with Yoda and Olaf, so I wouldn't rule out Slimer either.

Now when Funko did Pop vinyl figures for GB, they did a 6" figure for Stay Puft. How awesome would giant sized Brickheadz be?

I dislike brickheadz but honestly that new go brick me set where you customize your own brickhead had me sold!!

13 hours ago, julesvincent said:

For me the appeal is: They are cute and they are very versatile. Maybe the cuteness comes from the head-body relation, just like babies. And next to the official released ones, there are so many great Brickheadz-Mocs, that all fit together since they have the same basic-structure. Just my 2 cents...

yes, and like Funko pops or any of the other vinyl type figs out there they are fun to put together groups, but better as they are also Lego.

plus its kind of fun to MOC as the challenge of getting the details and character just right with the limitations of piece count and design aesthetics

I bought my first Brickheads and I have to say, it's really stupid, but darn they are great piece parts for 30-70% off. I have the Joker ($3.50 USD) and the Beast ($2.50). I'd love to see what other licenses they get but agree that Nightmare Before Christmas would be a waste because they characters are so long and thin.

I'm hoping for Mojo Jojo from Powerpuff Girls.

Edited by Maple

On 23/02/2018 at 2:14 AM, BlueberryWaffles said:

Well I for one am excited about Ghostbusters Brickheadz. Unlikely as it is, I'd love if they did the original team. (Venkman, Stantz, Spengler, and Zeddemore) There's also been talk of smaller Brickheadz with Yoda and Olaf, so I wouldn't rule out Slimer either.

Now when Funko did Pop vinyl figures for GB, they did a 6" figure for Stay Puft. How awesome would giant sized Brickheadz be?

I wouldn’t say it’s unlickely at all’s there absolutely no way they would make Brickheadz for the 2016 film. That crashed and burned hilariously. Pretty sure if there’s Ghostbusters it will be the originals.

So for dimensions year 3 Lego was planning on using a bunch of different new franchises mainly: Avatar, Despicable Me, Looney Tunes, Universal Monsters, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla, The Smurfs, Thunderbirds, Tintin, Angry Birds, Shrek. Unless Lego wants to lose money on the licenses by not using them I could see them using these licences somewhere down the line 

Where did you get this information?  I've wanted Thunderbirds sets since I was a kid.  By "Avatar," do you mean the Last Airbender, or do you mean the James Cameron movie?

4 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So for dimensions year 3 Lego was planning on using a bunch of different new franchises mainly: Avatar, Despicable Me, Looney Tunes, Universal Monsters, Tom & Jerry, Godzilla, The Smurfs, Thunderbirds, Tintin, Angry Birds, Shrek. Unless Lego wants to lose money on the licenses by not using them I could see them using these licences somewhere down the line 

Brickheadz

On 12/30/2017 at 7:41 PM, Robert8 said:

Lock, Shock, and Barrel are pretty easy to make already with the S14 Wacky Witch and the S16 Cute Little Devil pieces

Oogie Bogie can be done with a molded head. Same with Dr. Finkelstein. New molds are needed for Sally's hair, Jack's bow tie and Zero the dog

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Lack of source on this info aside, There's a big difference between pursuing these licenses and having them. I don't think you can assume they have all of these, or even most of them. A lot of them seem like a huge stretch even for Dimensions.

Cool, dunno why it's impossible to delete the unrelated quote but it is. 

Edited by InnerRayg

LEGO Shrek? LOL too good to be true. If that ever happens it's going ti be an instant pull out of my dark ages.

2 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

Lack of source on this info aside, There's a big difference between pursuing these licenses and having them. I don't think you can assume they have all of these, or even most of them. A lot of them seem like a huge stretch even for Dimensions.

FalconFan is a reliable source.  I would do some research before you make assumptions.  That aside all of those licenses would be fun to see especially godzilla.  

7 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

A trustworthy source listed all of these franchises as being planned for Dimensions Year 3 a while back. It should still be somewhere in the Dimensions thread.

As far as being likely, I don’t think we’d know whether they were planned or if they were actually partnered with Lego. For all we know some or all of these may never have been pursued, depending on how early into development year 3 was scrapped. Although I’m still desperate for Lego Avatar to be revived.

15 hours ago, icm said:

By "Avatar," do you mean the Last Airbender, or do you mean the James Cameron movie?

I'm pretty sure that may be referencing James Cameron's film. Makes me wonder if Lego may have their eyes upon a line of playsets for its upcoming sequel.

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

That aside all of those licenses would be fun to see especially godzilla.  

I wonder if Lego was looking at doing the Legendary Godzilla (which, being a WB film, would've been easy to do), or a particular Toho incarnation of the character.

Last Airbender would be a lot more appropriate for TLG than a film that features attempted genocide of an entire species using high-tech military helicopters and battle suits.

Star Wars, LOTR and other themes TLG have done aren't "modern military" (the closest they got was some of the stuff in Indiana Jones). Avatar and the human vehicles are most definitely close to "modern military" (even if the vehicles are a little bit ahead of what is possible today)

Edited by jonwil

On 4/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

I would love Tintin, Snowy, and Captain Haddock minifigs. Really wish we got that. 

I wouldn't have minded if we got a Avatar: The Last Airbender pack, since the last time we got anything related to that was 12 years ago with a failed theme that only got 2 sets.

Out of all those franchises, Looney Tunes and Universal Monsters seem to me like they'd be best done as Collectable Minifigure lines. I can't quite see them being translated into a wave of playsets exactly.