CorneliusMurdock

New Licensed Theme Rumor Mill

I never had a single problem with the BTTF DeLorean. I hope we get the train, I think that set is the second most likely set to get if not first likely.

33 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I hope we get the train, I think that set is the second most likely set to get if not first likely.

Since there was a successful Ideas project based upon that locomotive, I'd think it could be likely too; but, since Doc's locomotive time machine appeared so briefly at the end of the third film, I think a better choice of a set would be one based upon the locomotive that propelled the time machine off the cliff in the third movie's finale. It would be made up of the black locomotive with tender, the railroad track modified DeLorean, and a stretch of straight track for display. Three minifigures would be included, who would be Doc and Marty in western attire, and Clara of course.

Besides, such a set with a plainer looking locomotive would then be more of interest to Lego Train fans. :wink:

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Since there was a successful Ideas project based upon that locomotive, I'd think it could be likely too; but, since Doc's locomotive time machine appeared so briefly at the end of the third film, I think a better choice of a set would be one based upon the locomotive that propelled the time machine off the cliff in the third movie's finale. It would be made up of the black locomotive with tender, the railroad track modified DeLorean, and a stretch of straight track for display. Three minifigures would be included, who would be Doc and Marty in western attire, and Clara of course.

Besides, such a set with a plainer looking locomotive would then be more of interest to Lego Train fans. :wink:

What would be nice is that locomotive you describes but with extra pieces maybe to turn it into the flying train time machine similar to what they did with the BTTF set in 2013.

Just now, J4ck said:

What would be nice is that locomotive you describes but with extra pieces maybe to turn it into the flying train time machine similar to what they did with the BTTF set in 2013.

Sure, that would be a win-win for both parties. Besides, sets and/or themes that incorporate modifications and/or alternate builds are always most welcomed, for me at least. 

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes to me

Don't Nightmare Before Christmas and Ghostbusters overlap with each other??

Because I think I get what they are going for: a replacement for the Scooby Doo line. It seems they want a "spooky theme" every 3 years

2012: Monster Fighters

2015: Scooby Doo

2018: Nightmare Before Christmas/Ghostbusters

It seems the horror themes are really working for LEGO. The next one in 2021 could be Beetlejuice, Adams Family or The Teletubbies

Edited by Robert8

Just now, Robert8 said:

It seems the horror themes are really working for LEGO. The next one in 2021 could be Beetlejuice, Adams Family or The Teletubbies

:head_back:

4 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The more I think about this, the less sense it makes to me

Don't Nightmare Before Christmas and Ghostbusters overlap with each other??

Because I think I get what they are going for: a replacement for the Scooby Doo line. It seems they want a "spooky theme" every 3 years

2012: Monster Fighters

2015: Scooby Doo

2018: Nightmare Before Christmas/Ghostbusters

Is this NBC/GB theme replacing a possible future Big Bang theme, I think I'm correct in assuming that NK will be retiring after the first wave of the 2018 thus leaving the summer wave empty???

Just now, J4ck said:

Is this NBC/GB theme replacing a possible future Big Bang theme

What do you mean by that?

Just now, J4ck said:

I think I'm correct in assuming that NK will be retiring after the first wave of the 2018 thus leaving the summer wave empty???

I don't know if a licensed theme had ever really filled in an in-house theme's shoes, so I don't think either one of those really correlate.

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

What do you mean by that?

I don't know if a licensed theme had ever really filled in an in-house theme's shoes, so I don't think either one of those really correlate.

I just saw what you wrote 45 minutes ago on the pirate thread, the Nexo Knights replacement will likely arrive January 2019.

6 minutes ago, J4ck said:

I just saw what you wrote 45 minutes ago on the pirate thread, the Nexo Knights replacement will likely arrive January 2019.

I know about that, but I just don't understand what sort of correlation there would be between a potential successor to Nexo Knights and these rumored new licensed sets said to be slated for summer next year.

Edited by Digger of Bricks

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I know about that, but I just don't understand what sort of correlation there would be between a potential successor to Nexo Knights and these rumored new licensed sets said to be slated for summer next year.

Just the way I read it that I thought the licenses sets will be replacing NK. My mistake.

The only issue I have with Nightmare Before Christmas is that the sets should come out either near Halloween or near Christmas.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Star Wars, but let's not open the bag of worms that discussion will become.

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

Star Wars, but let's not open the bag of worms that discussion will become.

Oh. Yeah. 

And only today I was just talking about that particular misfortune. :hmpf:

I would buy a classic-film Ghostbusters set no question. Same with a BTTF set like the train (original or time machine)

Nightmare before xmas on the other hand, forget it, never liked that film.

I'm actually really disappointed that those old things are getting revisited, especially when I thought there was a chance for more Adventure Time and Doctor Who, but Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing!

I'm skeptical about there being more than one Nightmare set if they are real, because besides Jack, Sally, the Mayor and the kids none of the characters really "work" as LEGO figures.

The Mayor is essentially a LEGO construct already!

36 minutes ago, InnerRayg said:

I'm actually really disappointed that those old things are getting revisited, especially when I thought there was a chance for more Adventure Time and Doctor Who, but Nightmare Before Christmas is amazing!

Adventure Time and Doctor Who would both be great.  Maybe they will get some attention in the future.

17 hours ago, InnerRayg said:

You shouldn't be disappointed, it only proves that old (ideas/dimension/etc) themes can be revisited.

On 29/12/2017 at 4:47 AM, x105Black said:

Adventure Time and Doctor Who would both be great.  Maybe they will get some attention in the future.

Doctor Who is SUCH a no-brainer it makes me wonder if Lego haven't been able to secure a proper deal with the BBC.

So here is something I wonder, back to the future and ghostbusters were both series 1 of dimensions. I wonder if they were the top selling licenses of Series 1. If they were I wonder if Lego will do the same with series 2

On 28/12/2017 at 10:44 PM, doclord said:

I'm skeptical about there being more than one Nightmare set if they are real, because besides Jack, Sally, the Mayor and the kids none of the characters really "work" as LEGO figures.

The Mayor is essentially a LEGO construct already!

Lock, Shock, and Barrel are pretty easy to make already with the S14 Wacky Witch and the S16 Cute Little Devil pieces

Oogie Boogie can be done with a molded head. Same with Dr. Finkelstein. New molds are needed for Sally's hair, Jack's bow tie and Zero the dog

On 12/30/2017 at 4:40 PM, GeekByKnight said:

Doctor Who is SUCH a no-brainer it makes me wonder if Lego haven't been able to secure a proper deal with the BBC.

With the new Doctor and writer inbound, the show is shifting gears and getting a marketing overhaul, apparently a big one. I think it's possible the new marketing team has seen the appeal of the set produced and will likely attempt to get a theme going for the new season, I think one of the only things holding back Lego might be that they don't really tend to make sets based off TV shows, notable with the appeal of stuff like the CW DC shows, Agents of SHIELD.

I'd like to see them do at least 5 more sets and a Collectible Minifig run, UTC Gallifrey anyone?

Edited by OneWithTheForce

So I finally watched Nightmare Before Christmas a few days ago. Really enjoyed it, but I'm having a hard time imagining what the Lego sets would be. Jack in the sleigh with reindeer? Maybe Oogie Boogie's circle lair thingy?