Sign in to follow this  
Tomcat RIO

Fangnorst, tower o'er on the sea

On the tip of the Sharpe's Peninsular to the East of Hykerbia, in South Eastern mitgardia, a tower stands watch over all the sea traffic that comes to and fro on the busy guild trade routes. As the entire coastline is peppered with sharp cliffs, dangerous rocks, strong currents, the watchtower not only serves as a guard against naval incursion and raids, it also has a lighthouse with a flaming beacon, to warn ships of danger.

East Mitgardian fishermen and traders often use Fangnorst as a landmark route in planning their fishing trips and trading lanes. The beacon offers them hope, as once they round the bend from the Eastern seas they are headed for home, and for traders, the beacon signals the beginning of the unknown east and southern guilds where riches lie!

DSCN9716.jpg

Fangnorst sits atop an older, more ancient watchpost. Yellow in colour, its walls have crumbled little, and the first Colonists simply built on top of it. Myths from the Dwarves and Norsemen tell of a fortress by the sea, long ago centuries past in the age of Historica's earlier days, before the wise sages came, and men of the Lion and Falcon waged endless war. Fangnorst guarded against fouler evil, monsters from the seas, of a kind now thought long extinct..

This is my little tribute to the Lego Yellow castle 375..

DSCN9717.jpg

DSCN9720.jpg

waves crash against the rock cliffs

DSCN9722.jpg

a griffin landing pad for resupplies

DSCN9718.jpg

DSCN9719.jpg

a watchtower guard sweeps the piled snow from last night

DSCN9721.jpg

the beacon, which offers so much meaning to Mitgardian sea farers.

DSCN9723.jpg

the back of the watchtower

DSCN9724.jpg

Edited by Tomcat RIO

That looks pretty cool.

The only thing that doesn't is the windows and those "fangs" used as water.

And a homemade cape looks awesome.

Edited by AlexScammer

I agree about the fangs, but I do like the windows as waves... it took me a minute to get though. I thought it was a big ship wreck against the shore haha.