gatorzip02

UCS Black Pearl

She's finished :O I already forgot about this one, sorry. I have to say it turned out really good :D

I also like the showcase you've build.

makes me wish I had an office to put something like that in :P

Bart

This is a thread I've followed closely and revisited a few times while the project sat and I must say I'm very excited to see it finished. The pearl looks spectacular and it is definitely my favorite rendition of this ship that I've seen, especially with the base that just compliments it so well.

I am curious however. I know your were having accessibility issues with the interior and it forced some rebuild and that regardless the gun deck still features a full interior which is beautiful by the way but, with rigging in place are your still able to access this area and if not for play ability but for viewing?

Congratulations on such a great build!

I like yours more than thatt one of your brother, cause yours is more nicer and more on a lovely scale ;)

Well done on a beautiful Black pearl, it looks just like the game version. Props to your brother too for a minifigure scale version too.

Hi Vassal,

I'm near to start to assemble my new (new for me, of course) Imperial Flagship (10210), and I'am looking for a display/stand agree to the vessel level.

Is it possible to have part list and/or LDD project for the display/stand?

Many thanks,

Francesco

That came out just perfect. What a superb little representation of the Pearl.

That's an amazing finished product. I just came across this build (a few months too late). I am really impressed with the size and details therein. The figurehead in the video game looks different than the official (and movie) version. I wonder why that is. Speaking of which, I am/was working on my own version of this ship, but I don't know if I will be able to do it justice after looking at this. I hadn't considered looking at the video game. I assumed the ship in the game was the ship they sold to us. Did the QAR change too?

Did the QAR change too?

I had been always curious about the QAR in the video game :O would be a nice design to base mine

Nice overall shape, I love the way you made an USC style keeping the minifig illusion scale. The basement is GREAT, I mean: somebody (me too) starts considering the work "finished" by finishing the hull of the ship, but a so detailed basement means you had cure on the entire creation.

My favourite part is the headrails attachment idea: the brickbuilt part; I absolutely love also the "Perfectionist's" style because the way it looks, but I still rather bricks (but this is an IMHO).

As impressive as the ship itself is, what really blows me away is the amazing display stand. Extremely elegant and classy, yet still simple in its' own way. Wow!

Thanks for all the compliments. I had a great time displaying her at Brickfair. I do wish there was more pirate representation there, it was kinda slim. I found a photo of my brother and I in front of our Pearls at the show. As you can see, he built his pearl to minifig scale so it kinda dwarfed my "little ship". Lots of the visitors thought mine must be the official Lego kit. Oh well...

lego16_zpsdafd20c6.jpg

This creation is spectacular, the details are superb.

There are also photos of the specimen greater than your brother?

I seem to have missed this (well, it started before my time in this forum) - but it is superb!

Good that TheMomix brought it up again.

:) I know it's not nice to make up, of old threads, but in front of these masterpieces, which I consider art not resist a compliment.

This is a famous MOC its base and the ship itself has given inspiration to many others in the building.

Great job, note that it took much time and effort to do so, demonstrating commitment, but could you make this ships:

-Queen Anne's Revenge UCS, like the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Videogame.pir_laugh2.gif

-The Flying Dutchman UCS, like the LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean Videogame.pir_laugh2.gif

I am sure if you make that ships, you would be amazing and stunning works.pirate_classic.gifpirate_classic.gif

Wow! This is truly an amazing project. The detail you put into this is impressive, to say the least. Awesome work!

Superb! You've done this iconic ship justice, and the dock/stand you have built for it is impressive as well. Big thumbs up here! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

BTW, where are the original pictures? You should get a FLICKR site, they are free and most AFOLs are on there.