gatorzip02

UCS Black Pearl

Nice MOC :thumbup: The modularity seems good and I like the touches of grey in this black ship.

I also like details such as the black teeth-like pieces directly below the cabin.

It's not a boring ship, thanks to fine details like that (and many other things of course).

One thing though, I don't know how accurate you want to be, but on this picture, the bell is situated behind the mizzen mast:

Pearl8.jpg

As many before you, you have made a BP. but you succeeded, BUT!!!

i know its imposible to make a 100% black, black pearl, without its looking wierd, but i just dont like the color scheme, when its not pitch black.

Another BUT!! i like the smoothness at the gundeck and top-deck. even though its brown, i have to admit that it looks quite good in Dark brown, Dark bluish grey, and black,

keep it up, (BTW you could also make some sails in cloth, i for example made some out of lounger-cloth, its similar to Lego's cloth sails, same thickness and stifness)

i made it at my Grim Reaper

Well, after almost 18 months, I've finally finished my pearl! Admittedly, for the majority of those 18 months, she sat alone in a dark room waiting on me to feel motivated to continue her. Fortunately I received inspiration in the form of BrickFair Alabama. My brother and I both displayed our Pearls at the convention and had an absolute blast. (we even dressed up as pirates) I'm just now finally getting around to posting some final pictures. Overall I'm very happy with the way she turned out. I built the custom base to help bring the waterline up 2 bricks. It definately looks much better that way. I will eventually make a brass plate that says "Black Pearl" and secure it on the base in between the two skulls with crossed sabres. I have no intentions of ever taking this model apart, I've convinced my wife to let me display it in our office. It is a great conversation piece.

For your viewing pleasure:

Front_zpsacf20b97.jpg

Side_zpsc4b836d0.jpg

Stern_zpsbeb073ce.jpg

HeadOn_zps301e97b2.jpg

Back_zps0c8cf9a8.jpg

BackClose_zps15d3fa59.jpg

Deck_zpse46b7687.jpg

FrontClose_zps659c744b.jpg

Anchor_zps97956b19.jpg

"Now bring me that horizon"

Jack_zps8e507465.jpg

I have really enjoyed building and sharing her and I am already looking forward to my next project.

Fair winds and following seas!

(PS. Moderators, will you please take the "WIP" out of the title of this thread, thanks!)

Edited by gatorzip02

Real "the Black Pearl"! :pir-oh:

Work is pleasant to me similarity to a prototype, details and design! Fine work!

Now I do my version "Black Pearl". And these photos will be to me the good help. :pir-sweet:

This is a piece of art! I really like all the little details, especially the way you made your folded sails (allowing a good view of the ship) and the embedded display.

Really great to see it finally finished! You did an incredible job! The base goes great with it as well. :thumbup:

It looks terrific, good job on that pedestal, I like the waterline, a great compensation for the prefab hulls.

Great Pearl i love it,

Wventhough it isn't 100% black....

I like it all, exept the idol, she need's larger wings, try to get the new black wings from Chima, they work awesome,

Very nice! I saw it at Brickfair and was by far one of my favorite MOCs there. The pictures do not do it justice. You have mad skills!

Thanks for all the compliments. I had a great time displaying her at Brickfair. I do wish there was more pirate representation there, it was kinda slim. I found a photo of my brother and I in front of our Pearls at the show. As you can see, he built his pearl to minifig scale so it kinda dwarfed my "little ship". Lots of the visitors thought mine must be the official Lego kit. Oh well...

lego16_zpsdafd20c6.jpg

Whoa nice ship

Thanks for all the compliments. I had a great time displaying her at Brickfair. I do wish there was more pirate representation there, it was kinda slim. I found a photo of my brother and I in front of our Pearls at the show. As you can see, he built his pearl to minifig scale so it kinda dwarfed my "little ship". Lots of the visitors thought mine must be the official Lego kit. Oh well...

Looking at the image I can understand the people wondering that. That thing is enormous.

Great builds both, is there any more images?

It's funny, I remember you starting this thread. Sometimes we just cannot find the strength within us to finish a MOC this size. Or we simply can't find the time. Anyway, this is simply amazing! I'm not a PotC fan (please don't keelhaul me anyone :tongue: ) so I look at this MOC as a ship on its own, regardless of what inspired it. And I'm very impressed! This must look amazing on a display. You did an excellent job!

Your brother's ship is huge, and very impressive, but I much prefer the scale of yours. it makes more sense. I could proudly display yours in my office or on my mantle. I'd need a whole table for the other one!