slovakiasteph

Winter Village: Chalet

indexed.gif B-OV-24E

This was inspired by the park near my parents' house-- there's a chalet open there in the winter, and they have an ice-skating pond, cross-country ski trails, a sledding hill, and a toboggan run. Originally I wanted to make the toboggan run, but it would have been structurally unsound. :grin: Since I'm from Michigan, outdoor sports are practically a lifestyle... we even have people there who like snow! :oh:

So, my winter chalet!

village6.jpg

The entire scene

village1.jpg

Just the chalet... with a sledding hill off to the left

village3.jpg

Inside... a big fireplace, recycled wagon wheel light, hot chocolate, and a seating area where you can watch the sledders!

village4.jpg

The sleigh...

village5.jpg

And, the horses' stable with a holly and ivy strand. There's a saddle over the fence and two buckets: one for grain, one for water

Link to brickshelf gallery.

(Sorry, I haven't been able to get good clear pictures lately... not sure if it's my camera or what. It's even sunny today!)

Edited by Phred

Very cute chalet, it could have been a little more detailed inside though, although I understand that it has a small interior anyway.

I love the sleigh and stable!!

Nice entry ' slovakiasteph ', I really like the sleigh....they better return it to Santa ! :laugh:

Neat small chalet, warm and cosy.

Brick On in the snow ' slovakiasteph ' ! :classic:

Nice job, the chalet reminds me of a gingerbread house for some reason and I like your design on the sleigh. :thumbup:

Very nice, cozy chalet! Nice choice of "extra" elements.

Inside view of sledding hill a good idea, sled on hill interesting.

One horse open sleigh nice, I need to go sing Jingle Bells now ;)

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Thanks for your comments! I had a lot of fun with this build!

Any other suggestions? I'm going to try to take new pictures as well if I have time... hopefully I can get some clear ones this time!

HighFlyer, do you have any suggestions on how I can spruce up the interior a bit and still keep a rustic feel?

I suggest using dark green or dark red for the armchair, and perhaps white for table area.

Also maybe some brown tiles on the floor, making the interior more enticing.

NIce , all it need is a small fire place and a light brick to give thst warm glowing feeling that this cute shalet gives. I cant help feeling the stable roof is a little low apart from that grat job. Good luck in the contest