Blacktron

My Neo Blacktron MOCs

Great update.

These are fantastic!

The asymmetrical build on the scout car is particularly nice!

Are there interior to these? it looks like there's some hatches / canopies but you didn't show us the inside!

These are near-perfect Neo Blacktron MOCs. I am glad you updated your rendition of the theme with those three vehicles, they are fantastic, especially the Sniper Crawler.

TLG, take note!

Thanks very much for all those positive comments! :classic:

There will be some more MOCs in the near future. I will update the thread, as soon as I can make new pics.

Are there interior to these? it looks like there's some hatches / canopies but you didn't show us the inside!

Yes, there are lots of hatches and canopies. I got one more pic of the scout car, with the hatches open, that I can post soon. Also I got some pics of the Sniper crawler, with the cockpit opened. But I've forgotten to do some interior detail pics of the halftrack. :sceptic: There are interiors in all the vehicles, but the ones of the halftrack and scout car are not very detailed.

NeoBlacktronMay2012044.jpg

NeoBlacktronMay2012027.jpg

they look very cool! however, I wouldn't wanna call them "blacktron". imo, blacktron is associated with the colors black and yellow. Your mocs are great, but they're not Blacktron to me...

My inspiration for this line was the Blacktron upper body of the Rench figure in the space police line. It featured an updated Blacktron 1 design, with a blacktron 2 logo. So my line is also a modern combination of blacktron 1 and 2 colors and I replaced light grey and yellow/white with bley. (dark bluish grey)

Blacktron 1 = Black, yellow, light grey,trans-yellow

Blacktron 2 = Black, white, trans neon green

Wow very nicer! You made Blacktron even cooler! :) I really like the "Sniper Crawler". Will you build a station as well?

Sorry, but no. I don't have enough money and shelf space to build a large base. I'm 1 1/2 years out of my dark ages now and my selection of bricks is still very limited, so I don't think this will happen in the near future.

Edited by Blacktron

Love the Blacktron theme, and your Neo Blacktron looks fantastic. I definitely love the mechas above all else, but I can admit that the new cars you've designed look incredible as well.

I must also add that many of these MOCs are quite reminiscent of past themes such as Roboforce, Exo Force, and Insectoids. Was that a purposeful design choice?

And they even have interiors! That really takes them to a whole new level for me, as I always do my best to incorporate interiors :classic:

Love the Blacktron theme, and your Neo Blacktron looks fantastic. I definitely love the mechas above all else, but I can admit that the new cars you've designed look incredible as well.

I must also add that many of these MOCs are quite reminiscent of past themes such as Roboforce, Exo Force, and Insectoids. Was that a purposeful design choice?

Yup, it was. :classic: Roboforce, Exo Force and Insectoids are some of my alltime favorite lego lines. Also I've imagined a storyline about Neo Blacktron. In my fantasy they are thieves and spys, stealing technologie and information of all factions (humans and aliens)in the Lego universe. Their motherships look like peaceful, civilian cargo ships, but they start raids in fast hit and run ground missions. By combining all sorts of human and alien technologie in their vehicles and weapons, they grow fast, so space police is not capable to deal with that problem. Maybe only the Galaxy patrol/Space marines would be able to stop them. :wink:

And they even have interiors! That really takes them to a whole new level for me, as I always do my best to incorporate interiors :classic:

Thanks very much! :classic:

Giving vehicles an Interior has always been naturally for me. But right now I'm doing my first shy steps in "SNOT" (sounds disgusting :sick: ). I think this building technique is fun, but I find it hard sometimes to create nice interiors with this.

Edited by Blacktron

I am a big fan of Blacktron and I think these are a good up date to the theme, I do like the walkers but the Halftrack has to be my favourite.

Just had to say that these are brilliant. :)

Do you have any of this torso? It would also work well. :)

pic500BB4377381D09A33096A6EBE410FD9.jpg

Pretty awesome stuff.

Edited by Xand0r

Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm a Neo Blacktron fanatic right now. I think it won't take very long, until I can update the thread with new pics.

@XandOr: Yes, this space villain and Rench from the space police line have been the starting point for my Neo Blacktron line. When I saw them first, I knew from the first moment I had to create a blacktron line update. I was so looking forward to this space villain. I think I have about 14-16 of them. But I prefer the rench torso, because this is "the real thing". The perfectly updated Blacktron torso. I'm so thankful that TLG did those two figures/torsos. I'm still experimenting about how I could use those space villain torsos. Maybe there will be different ranks in my neo blacktron army. I also hope that TLG will release some other figures with this space helmet in black, because they became a littly pricy at bricklink.

Awesome stuff.

I can't wait to see more pics! I've been getting way into Spyrius lately, but I love most all the Lego Space kits.

The new Galaxy Patrol minifig has also caught my attention, I might try to pick up some of those.

I've seen a couple Neo-Spyrius MOCs floating around, I might end up contributing to that front. We'll see!

Neo-Spyrius and Neo-Blacktron faceoff? Should I set up a contest? Here's an example of what the rules might be:

1: Every vehicle must have at least one piece of data-stealing equipment.

2: Every vehicle must stick to the color-scheme of that theme.

3: ?

Edited by DraikNova

The new Galaxy Patrol minifig has also caught my attention, I might try to pick up some of those.

I already got 4 of them. I'd love to build some mechs and vehicles for those guys, but there are a few things that keep holding me back. 1) I would keep the color scheme of their vehicles in Dark Blue and Bley, with trans black windows and small silver accents. But I don't have enough dark Blue bricks. :sceptic: 2) The face is hard to replace when you're troop building. There aren't many faces with HUDs around.

@DraikNova: Or maybe they could be allies against Space Police and Galactic Marines? And after they have won, they would betray each other and then have their faceoff. :wink:

There have been a few great examples, like the pumpkin "Error" HUD

I loved that one! :laugh:

I tried some regular yellow faces on my Galactic Marines today and I hated it. I don't like the fact that those helmets don't have any visors. Regular yellow faces just seem to be out of place with these helmets. I wish I had more futuristic/cyborg faces for them. Space villain face seems to be to sinister for them.

By the way: Just imagine an army of Error HUD Marines. Blacktron virus upload. :laugh:

Neo-Spyrius and Neo-Blacktron faceoff? Should I set up a contest?

Sounds fun! :classic:

Edited by Blacktron

There have been a few great examples, like the pumpkin "Error" HUD, and a non-HUD-style face might work, considering the HUD has an off mode, too.

Edited by DraikNova

You should take some pics with a solid background colour. That way I can photoshop them into cool space-themed images. ;)

I tried some regular yellow faces on my Galactic Marines today and I hated it. I don't like the fact that those helmets don't have any visors. Regular yellow faces just seem to be out of place with these helmets. I wish I had more futuristic/cyborg faces for them. Space villain face seems to be to sinister for them.

For your Galactic Patrol have you considered these heads:

Power Miner - Brains

Hydronaut 1

Hydronaut 3

As to your Neo-Blacktron, I find them quite fitting with the theme.

You should take some pics with a solid background colour.

I wish I could. I don't have the equipment (lightbox etc) to take pics on white background.

Any idea's for other rules though?

Hmmm - I guess these rules could be enough.

For your Galactic Patrol have you considered these heads:

Power Miner - Brains

Hydronaut 1

Hydronaut 3

As to your Neo-Blacktron, I find them quite fitting with the theme.

Do you really think these heads would be fitting for the Space Marines/Galctic Parols? I don't think so. For my tastes they are much to old fashioned for them. I would prefer something like this, done in the "new Style" of faces:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb309

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb448

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626bpb542

Edited by Blacktron

I think all of those faces do work, definitely more modern.

I was able to pick up a Space Police III Raid VPR this weekend from a Lego retailer! Only 13 bucks. :) Rench is mine! It's inspired me to revamp my favourite Blacktron II set, the Sub Orbital Guardian. I'll try to post pics soon!

Any more progress on this? Or are you waiting for the competition to reveal more?

Also, I thought these might interest you, not Blacktron per se, but same scheme you are going for:

7426483634_d881e56b0a_m.jpg

VX-33d "Pulsar" - Threatening Stance by LowestForm0fWit, on Flickr

7476569970_59b0f1847f_m.jpg

VX-Ω "Ecclesiarch" Mk.II - Gun Side by LowestForm0fWit, on Flickr

7426487416_a16e1ae8e9_m.jpg

VX-33d "Pulsar" - Sword Dancer Variant by LowestForm0fWit, on Flickr

7398314086_724523b2d3_m.jpg

Watchers. Lurkers. Traitors. The Dissident are coming.... by LowestForm0fWit, on Flickr

And much more: http://www.flickr.com/photos/76543270@N07/page2/

Edited by Xand0r

Any more progress on this? Or are you waiting for the competition to reveal more?

I got 3-4 more MOCs. I just need to do a little more finetuning and then I need to do pics of them. Also I'm working on 2 bigger models and I really have trouble with them. Pain in the ... to build.

I like the pictures you've posted. I'm not sure about the colors. When I build the first neo blacktron models, I experimented with black and trans neon green. But I didn't like the results very much. I think just 2 colors look strange. Even Blacktron I had black, yellow, grey, trans yellow and trans red. I think sets that look "official" need 3-4 colors. But I love the designs of those. :thumbup::wub:

Great work! Especially like the use of the tophat and these ones:

Not my work, but I agree that they are great! :)

I found them in the Mobile Frame Zero flickr group pool. ;)

@Blacktron Can't wait to see some pics! :)

Edited by Xand0r

I think just 2 colors look strange. Even Blacktron I had black, yellow, grey, trans yellow and trans red. I think sets that look "official" need 3-4 colors. But I love the designs of those. :thumbup::wub:

I actually like two color-colorschemes, works great with neo-Blacktron and a theme I invented using only grey and trans lime.

PS: I've got an idea for a base that's over THREE METERS :oh:!

Three meters? *oh2* I would'nt have enough bricks and enough space to build something like that. Also I'm beginning to realize that I have more fun building smaller MOCs. You can build them on one day, one evening of finetuning and you're done. The two bigger MOCs, I'm building right now start to annoy and disapoint me. I had these ideas in my mind for so many weeks, collected parts for them, invested so much time - and they are not as cool as I wanted them to be. It seems I don't have enough talent for bigger MOCs.

Don't forget to show us some pics of your base, if you ever really build it.

Edited by Blacktron

I know it's practically impossible, that's why I'm going to wait about seven to ten years of building up my collection of parts before I start work on that base. Just so that you know, it's going to have a lava moat, a black hole / wormhole portal, and possibly either a giant dragon or massive cannon in the center.

Edited by DraikNova