eliminator

Are you buying any Lego for your significant other for the holidays?

Just curious if any of you are planning to buy any Lego for your "significant other" for Christmas. Personally, I picked up Medieval market Village and Mill Village Raid for my wife. Although she supports my Lego addiction, she's not really into my current themes.

However, when she was younger, she had alot of sets from the Castle series. (sold off in yard sales long ago) When we visited the Lego store in Toronto, she was really interested in MMV and MVR, so I decided to pick them up. Typically, I buy her a poly bag stocking stuffer as a joke, but this year I'm going all out! :devil:

I hope they continue to release sets like this so we can share this hobby together :grin:

No significant other, but I probably will get a small set for a friend to encourage him to collect LEGO. My plans aren't all nice though, I'm secretly hoping he will later give up and let me have it cheaply... I'm evil that way.

I have bought my husband the Grand Emporium and also the 8043, the motorised excavator set.

But he is also an AFOL (wasn't so much when we met although he did have a few sets), he is even an active LUG member (more active than me). :laugh:

I ordered some of those x-mas ornament sets. I'm giving some family and friends their own minifig, instead of a x-mas card this year. :sweet:

But no sets as presents or anything. They'll probably just buy me sets instead. :tongue:

My wife bought me some legos. No idea what sets they are, but they're under the tree. Mocking me.

A little of my passion for the brick rubbed off on my girlfriend not long after we started hanging out, and I'm proud to say I've turned her into just a bit of a LEGO fan herself - not that she's likely to ever indulge in it to the extent I do, but she does enjoy it. :classic: She fell in love with the Winter Village sets, so I made sure she got them all - she had me order the first two for her last year, and I bought her the Post Office this year with the thought that it might be her Christmas gift, though when she announced her intention to just buy it anyway I let her know I'd already taken care of it (and in doing so also picked up the Holiday set 1 of 2 for her), but those are no longer "gifts" per se since she's paying me back for them. Alas, I've decided I can't spend quite as much as I originally thought I was going to, so whatever I get her won't be as much as the Post Office was, but I haven't decided much beyond that. I did decide to get her something non-LEGO, though, so it won't be as though I'm just forcing all my own loves and hobbies on her, even though she seems happy with LEGO. Aside from having picked up the Winter Village sets and this year's first of the two limited holiday sets, for various occasions in the past I've given her the Beach House, City Corner, various collectible Minifigures and so on, as well as going with her to LEGO Stores and the grand opening of LEGOLAND Florida, so I want to do something different (though I do have one of the LEGO Target gift cards with $10 on it for her as a stocking stuffer).

Aside from my girlfriend, there aren't too many people I can get LEGO for, alas. I do have a lot of friends who are into various other sorts of wonderful geeky things, and many of them seem to me like the kinds of people who'd appreciate LEGO, but none of them are really into it. I also have a three-year-old niece for whom I've previously gotten some DUPLO sets and for whom I was planning on doing the same this year (I'd already gotten her one, actually), but her parents (my brother and his wife) have informed me that she's not really into the ones she has, alas, and perhaps something else would be better. Ah, little girl, you're breaking my heart. :cry_sad: Oh, well. I'll keep the set I'd gotten her and get her a plush toy or two (her parents have told me she's actually getting interested in Star Wars, so I think I'll give her a plush doll of Artoo or Yoda; at least there's something else her uncle can share with her :classic: ).

Bought an Advent calendar for my girlfriend on the last day of November. She assembled it the next day cause she was really impatient :sadnew: .

I also bought Whitecap Bay and it is on the way from Amazon. She really wanted that one (she thought that mermaids from the movie were stunningly gorgeous). Though I wonder if I should give it to her right away or tease her all the way till christmas or even till new year :tongue: .

My wife does not build, but I'm sure she or my son and his wife will be getting me some. I also bought some sets for my son and his wife. We have an annual Christmas morning Lego build. My wife really should take up Lego, 'cause she just spends Christmas morning in the kitchen ;)

Andy D

My wife does not build, but I'm sure she or my son and his wife will be getting me some. I also bought some sets for my son and his wife. We have an annual Christmas morning Lego build. My wife really should take up Lego, 'cause she just spends Christmas morning in the kitchen ;)

Andy D

:laugh::laugh: isn't that good? after ur build, u will have delicious food for lunch!

:laugh::laugh: isn't that good? after ur build, u will have delicious food for lunch!

Well, at least the kitchen is in the same general area as our Lego building area, so we visit as we do our thing.

My wife loves to cook, and she is really great at it!

We great the great smells, and my wife admires our Lego builds, so...

It's all good!

And at the end of the day we've all had a good time doing something we like, we've spent the day as family and we have a great meal.

Andy D

I don't think that I'm getting the wife any LEGOs for Christmas this year . . . but my brother is getting her a Harry Potter set.

My significant other got me the 2 Harry Potter Hogwarts castle sets for my Birthday (which I had been eying off for a while) which started my collecting.

My significant other is not currently a Lego fan, but I'm trying to convert him! He likes Star Wars so I got him the new Millenium Falcon set for Christmas! Hopefully this will just be the start.

I believe my other half has got me something as she has banned me from looking at my VIP account, I think possibly her parents have got me some too. I haven't got her any yet, but I may get her one or two small sets, she enjoys building (We spent 3 hours the other night building the Winter Village Toy Shop) but doesn't really have a Lego habbit like I do.

D

Oh, the wife is getting so much... the new 2012 ambulance (to go in the train layout we're going to build over the winter), a couple smaller castle sets, probably the space rocket launch set (already have 10231 shuttle, but it's probably too big for our train layout). Kids are getting a few sets too. And I've already started building on mine - fire brigade and grand emporium :)

For my wife, just the small fishing boat from the harbour theme. We do have a Yellow Cargo train to build though that is sort of a joint present for both of us. I think my cat has got me some holiday baubles but I am not sure which colour?

I am planning on getting my wife a stocking filler or two but I'm not sure what, they have to just be small sets, any suggestions??

D

I am planning on getting my wife a stocking filler or two but I'm not sure what, they have to just be small sets, any suggestions??

D

I don't know if she is an AFOL, but maybe a lego game you can both play together (I like frog jump and minotaurus). Otherwise, maybe a lego licenced product (stationary, key ring, etc).

I don't know if she is an AFOL, but maybe a lego game you can both play together (I like frog jump and minotaurus). Otherwise, maybe a lego licenced product (stationary, key ring, etc).

I'm thinking more a small set for her to build, we spent 3 hours building the Winter Village Toy Shop the other night and she really enjoyed it, so far she has the log cabin, Mater (from cars), Hogwarts Express, and a Road/Rail service Truck (She is an engineer for Network Rail) so she doesn't have a theme or anything she is into, I just want to get her something small that she will enjoy.

D

My wife has almost no interest in Lego at all so I wont be buying her any, I do know she has bought me a few Harry Potter sets though :sweet: My son however has four very large boxes in our bedroom stuffed with countless sets from many different themes inc Harry Potter, city, Alien Conquest etc... I think i'm more excited about Christmas day than he is!

If I got my opartner Lego for Christmas I dont think she would be all that inmpressed. We have so much already and she thinks we dont need any more. Anyways I have a silver braclet that I'm giving here and I put it into a old small Lego box with a couple of ellements in a zip bag to give the sound effect of Lego in a box. When she grabs and shakes it she will think O Lego yeah :sarcasm_hmpf:. But when she finnaly opens it and notices an open Lego box with her braclet inside she will be very pleased. I'm evil arn't I :devil:

If I got my opartner Lego for Christmas I dont think she would be all that inmpressed. We have so much already and she thinks we dont need any more. Anyways I have a silver braclet that I'm giving here and I put it into a old small Lego box with a couple of ellements in a zip bag to give the sound effect of Lego in a box. When she grabs and shakes it she will think O Lego yeah :sarcasm_hmpf:. But when she finnaly opens it and notices an open Lego box with her braclet inside she will be very pleased. I'm evil arn't I :devil:

You wrap presents like me... :devil:

Last year I bought my teenage son a PS3 game and placed it between 6 packs of two minute noodles and wrapped. That way when he picked it up it made a weird crinkling sound :laugh: I also put another gift in a big box filled with soup cans and wrapped... He is a terrible present feeler and shaker, so I just like to mess with him a little.

But he doesn't get Lego (although this year he is getting something that rattles like lego... rather like your partner.