Paul Boratko

2LegoOrNot2Lego's Amazing New Truck

I just spotted this at Brickshelf and I must say it is beautiful... I love the color scheme...

pict0002.jpg

I am not sure if he posts on here or not, but I figured that this truck needed it's own thread...

Gorgeous... :thumbup:

I love all of his trucks, they look so amazing! I have noticed that more MOCers have been chroming parts recently. is it expensive?

tim

Nice find! His

shows it well. :wink: On MOCpages, 2LegoOrNot2Lego (Ingmar Spijkhoven) wrote that it is a "US style day cab log truck with stinger steered log trailer in scale 1:17,5 with PF. It features solid axle suspension on all axles, driving, steering and Ackerman geometry on steering axle.

"At the very beginning of building truck models using LEGO I wanted to build this type of truck. It 's a log truck with a stinger steered log trailer. This is a common type of truck used in the US for the transportation of logs. When hauling without a load the trailer is stored on the trucks bunk using a log loader. Today many log trucks have even more axles but I wanted this model to have this specific axle configuration...basically because I just like the looks of it.

"The Kenworth T800 is used as the main source of inspiration to build this model. Always looking for new color schemes I came up with this one. Since the Brick, Arch 1 x 6 x 3 1/3 Curved Top item 6060 is only available in a limited number of colors, not to mention the way out of line prices for some specific colors. With this in mind I started to combine colors and come up with the Dark Red/Orange/Tan color scheme. Together with all the chrome parts I think it's a beauty.

"Since most of my models have much more functions you might think this one is less interesting. Never the less I build this one with the some love as with the others. Again I realy love this type of truck and with the loads of chrome and the distinguished color scheme I'm realy exited about the result. To be honest it was great fun to build this less complex model."

pict0026.jpg

I just spotted this at Brickshelf and I must say it is beautiful... I love the color scheme...

I am not sure if he posts on here or not, but I figured that this truck needed it's own thread...

He does post here from time to time. All of his trucks are unreasonably spectacular in the sort of way that makes me feel inferior about myself. The looks as well as the functions are top notch. His use of colors and attention to realistic detail are unmatched. I have built one of his trucks, the US Truck 2.

dsc_3170.jpg

I love all of his trucks, they look so amazing! I have noticed that more MOCers have been chroming parts recently. is it expensive?

tim

It can be... My wheels cost me $10 each...

What is kind of funny is that all I build is Technic, but none of my favorite models are actually Technic ones... :grin:

Very cool. That color scheme is really nice. I like all the chrome too.

We don't have those kind of log trucks here in North Carolina (ours are standard semis), but if I remember correctly, those are popular in Oregon and Washington States.

2LegoOrNot2Lego is a very good friend of me.

His truck are amazing. They all are good looking and fully function. I realy love the way he designed the axles.

This truck is jet anought succesfull build in the line. The colors look great together and the video makes it complete.

He is a huge inspiration to me! i am currently building a truck similar to his, but about 1/10 as good :wink: .

tim