Gunner

[LDD MOC] The Khetanna - Jabba's Sail Barge

gallery_101_23_281.gif

Hello folks!

The Khetanna was a Ubrikkian Industries Luxury sail barge, owned by the crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure. He used it to travel over the Dune Sea of Tatooine, and for pleasurable expeditions to the Great Pit of Carkoon. It was generally accompanied by two skiffs, which carried the Hutt's guards.[From Wookieepedia. Read more...]

sail_barge.png

Open:

sail_barge_12.png

All of the windows can open, except two on the front, two on the sides and six on the back.

The passenger deck:

sail_barge_13.png

As LDD doesn't have Jabba's molded piece, I had to make one. It's not perfect, but I'm happy with it.

Note: R2's serving tray is Brandon Griffith's design See here

The kitchen, guest rooms and a glimpse at the cockpit:

sail_barge_15.png

The upper deck, without sails:

sail_barge_10.png

Please note that the sails were made to make the model complete, since LDD has no sails.

In a real, brickbuild model the sails would be made of fabric or paper, and would have a better frame for them.

The prisioners skiff:

sail_barge_3.png

Gallery: Khetanna Gallery

LXF File: Khetanna LDD

Gunner

Superb design. I think you've done a great job here with the detailing,all the little rooms and the opening sides but I think the best part of this is the angling of the hull and the way you've made the sails out of bricks. You've captured the shape very well. I also really like the two little skiffs, they're equally as detailed and really quite scree accurate, too.

Wow, really nice creation, I love the way you made the deck gun, I've always wanted to see Jabba's Sail Barge as a UCS set and I would hope lego would design it like you have...great job :thumbup:

Very nice Gunner, I'm impressed with the BB sails :thumbup:. I also love the cockpit and the engine especially.

Wow, I'm very impressed with this LDD MOC, from the interesting building techniques (brick-built sails), wonderful interior design, two accompanying desert skiffs and even custom minifigs too! Excellent work! :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Wow! Just outstanding! I love everything about this, but what really stands out to me are the sails! Just awesome! :thumbup:

Wow, you did an amazing job on this! One could see this as a UCS set :thumbup:

I really like how you made everything fit in this ship, and If I had the pieces, I'd creat this!

I know you say the sail design is just a temporary fill-in for LDD but that really is something to behold! In fact, the whole think is excellent - I want one of these :wub:

Very nice LDD. I love the brick built sails and the two story internals. I also like some of your custom minifigs, you have done a grat job on this creation.

Woderful build, really like the UCS-quality for the vessel and the detailed interior - and nice that the LDD-file was included. Will it be built IRL sometimes in the future...?

Wow dude, this is one amazing MOC! :thumbup: I can't believe how big it is. (I would never have the patience to build it in LDD.) The way you built the sails is very inventive.

Impressive job on the sail barge, especially the way you shaped it. This is a great contribution to the community build!

I was showing my friend your awsome barge and he asked where is the Sarlacc? Are you going to add to the MOC and make a Sarlacc? It would make a great addition to your scene.

Thanks, everyone!

I never imagined that the sails would impress so many people! I guess they earned a place in the real model, if I ever make one.

I was showing my friend your awsome barge and he asked where is the Sarlacc? Are you going to add to the MOC and make a Sarlacc? It would make a great addition to your scene.

Well, since there's still time to the deadline of the community build, I will probably make a Sarlacc to go along with the barge.

Gunner

I'm in love! I know just where to put it... Just need to buy the bricks and build it :)

Although the whole moc is stunning , the parts that immidiately got my attention are the two sails you made . I am familiar with the tecknique and have used it myself ( hey , I don't post all of my mocs here :P ) but it's a total win right there . Congrats .