Sign in to follow this  
WesternOutlaw

Cthulhu Adventure MOC

wait, i see some WW mixed in there too... with some walking dead. i see a hint of Ghost Town in there ;-)

my favorite thing about this MOC is the ground... very well sculpted. love the tan and light gray contour.

the "tremours" looking monsters are nice too.

- BrickMiner

Don't care for the monsters, and the landscaping isn't my faviourite... But that is one nice plane!

God Bless,

Nathan

And here I am in love with everything BUT the landscape! Well, that's not entirely true. I love the Native American homes, and the land, but that mountain is just... :-X I've never been a fan of BURPs. I love that monster, and the scene...it's amazing *wub*

Don't care for the monsters, and the landscaping isn't my faviourite... But that is one nice plane!

Nathan

I think the plane is very nice too. I like the colors. Here's a larger shot:

00-splash.jpg

The gallery:

Transport Plane

And other builds from the same designer:

Adventure Creations

I like the vehicles most (cars) and half track.

Thanks guys, I should really have thought of posting Adventurers stuff here before!

I also think my landscaping is the weakest part of this moc, it's hard to get enough tan to landscape with and much as I would have liked to use just one colour of BURP to stop them being so obvious I've used all my light and dark grey ones as it is! Also what do you put in a desert? After a few shrubs and small cactus it gets a bit tough! Sorry about the ugly totem pole thing too.

Originally this was planned to be almost a third bigger and there was a waterfall and river (and river monster) included, but I'm moving house so it's had to be dropped to get it ready for Legoworld in the last week of October.

My next Cthulego diorama is planned to be either in a jungle or in a city - so I should have better landscaping for those who crave it!

I'm pretty happy with the creatures and the vehicles but for a Cthulhu inspired model there are far too few deaths! I should have ramped up the blood!

Cheers,

Mark.

Nabii, as the creator of this neat MOC, I was wondering who the undead indians are (or) in what HP Lovecraft story did they appear. I've read a lot of HP Lovecraft but am unfamiliar with these as well as some of the other creatures.

Also, I love your adventure vehicles. The plane, cars, half track, and truck are excellent.

I've seen your "Cthulego Rises" some time ago. Excellent MOC(s)!

I'm pretty happy with the creatures and the vehicles but for a Cthulhu inspired model there are far too few deaths! I should have ramped up the blood!

Like that? ;-)

I have to admit I LMAO when I saw how you used the Prickley Bush :-D

Nabii, as the creator of this neat MOC, I was wondering who the undead indians are (or) in what HP Lovecraft story did they appear. I've read a lot of HP Lovecraft but am unfamiliar with these as well as some of the other creatures.

<snip>

Thanks Brickster for bringing my MOC here! I have to admit to being a roleplayer - so most of my Lovecraft knowledge comes from the Chaosium 'Call of Cthulhu' roleplaying game, though I have read several of Lovecrafts books/stories too.

This particular MOC is hugely inspired by the Delta Green source book published by Pagan Publishing. There is an excellent adventure set in the western USA and it involves some Native American spiritualism as part of the plot. Raising the undead is a fairly common thing for cultists to do in the roleplaying game, so I had the Mi-Go use it here!

The large creatures I figured were chthonians similar to Shudde M'Ell from Brian Lumleys Cthulhu book 'The Burrowers Beneath' though obviously I changed the location and ripped off 'Tremors' a little!

The Mi-Go are also known as 'Fungi from Yuggoth' - "pinkish things about 5 feet long with crustaceous bodies bearing vast pairs of dorsal fins or membranous wings and several sets of articulated limbs, and with a convoluted ellipsoid... where a head should be" - HP Lovecraft, 'The Whisperer in Darkness', I thought I'd done pretty well for mini-fig scale!

Hobbes - I wanted to use the prickly bush again but thought I'd give it a rest this time around, if it's in all of them it'll lose impact! For truely scary: Eldritch Horror!. It's me!

xwingyoda - The grey mixing was partly due to some pieces only being available in old grey and partly to give some age to the plane, I didn't want it to look brand new, though I'm not sure it worked. I would normally strive very hard not to mix greys on mocs and my old and new greys are kept well segregated!

Thanks for all the kind words,

Mark.

Hobbes - I wanted to use the prickly bush again but thought I'd give it a rest this time around, if it's in all of them it'll lose impact! For truely scary: Eldritch Horror!. It's me!

Looool what a pic :-D You should definitly post it here !! ;-)

*yoda*

Thanks Brickster for bringing my MOC here! I have to admit to being a roleplayer - so most of my Lovecraft knowledge comes from the Chaosium 'Call of Cthulhu' roleplaying game, though I have read several of Lovecrafts books/stories too.

This particular MOC is hugely inspired by the Delta Green source book published by Pagan Publishing. There is an excellent adventure set in the western USA and it involves some Native American spiritualism as part of the plot. Raising the undead is a fairly common thing for cultists to do in the roleplaying game, so I had the Mi-Go use it here!

The large creatures I figured were chthonians similar to Shudde M'Ell from Brian Lumleys Cthulhu book 'The Burrowers Beneath' though obviously I changed the location and ripped off 'Tremors' a little!

The Mi-Go are also known as 'Fungi from Yuggoth' - "pinkish things about 5 feet long with crustaceous bodies bearing vast pairs of dorsal fins or membranous wings and several sets of articulated limbs, and with a convoluted ellipsoid... where a head should be" - HP Lovecraft, 'The Whisperer in Darkness', I thought I'd done pretty well for mini-fig scale!

I really like your MOC Nabii. I had never seen Cthulhu myths in Lego before. It's very original. I have read a number of HP Lovecraft's books as well as other authors (like Robert Bloch). I've also played Call of Cthulhu (looking at the 3rd Edition book now by Sandy Petersen), back in the early/mid 80s. I'm not familiar with the Delta Green source book you mention though (must be much newer).

I've heard of the Mi-Go but unfamiliar with some of the others you've mentioned.

In any case, it's a great MOC. I love the size and the '20s/'30s vehicles most.

Here's a link to a brief discussion regarding the origin of the Batman Asylum if you appreciate Lovecraft:

Arkham Asylum, (Gotham or Lovecraft)?

Nabii!

This is awesome. I think it is truly one of the most creative MOCs I've seen. I just recently started delving into the cthulu mythos. I just finished At the Mountains of Madness, and my first reaction was "Why is that considered such a horror masterpiece? I don't get it at all...However, I do believe I'll sleep with the lights on."

Anyway, this isn't a Lovecraft forum, it's a LEGO forum so I'll try and stick to that. Your MOC is better than any artists' rendering I've seen of shoggoths, or is it a proto-shoggoth? Only Danforth will ever know.

Darn it, I keep doing that. Anyway, your building technique is pretty cool. The way the shoggoth comes out of the ground is amazing. I stared at your Brickshelf folder for a while, and then had nightmares. The body of the bigger shoggoth is really neat, it looks tendony and sinewy. Also I really admire your vehicle construction. *wub* *wub* *wub* There. Let those emoticons do the rest of the talking...

*wub* :'-) 8-

Brickster - Yep the Delta Green source book came out in the 90's, it's a modern day setting for cthulhu explaning how at least some parts of the government took notice of the 'incidents' in the thirties and set up a secret agency inside all the other government agencies to counter these menaces. For me it brought a new way of looking at the mythos and in a way led to these Lego creations! It's also the best and most used source book I have (and I have a lot), if you see a copy have a flick through, it's well worth it!

hinkley39 - emoticons are nice thanks. :-$ . BTW I also have trouble with seeing the horror in some of Lovecrafts stories, more bemusing then scary. However if you can track down stories by William Hope Hodgson who wrote before Lovecraft (and inspired him) then you'll find some truly creepy and horrific tales!

Exo-Champ - I don't eat breakfast, in case it eats me!

Thnaks to all for the kind words,

Mark.

Beautiful MOC, Nabii. I've always loved how you can make your dioramas have so much detail and a whols lot of mini-stories packed into them. You have at least four in this one (the large monster, a small one attacking some adventurers, a car chase, a skeleton army coming out of the mountain). I especially love all the vehicles in the scene. ;-)

BTW, is it your intention to put a Doctor Who reference in every diorama, or is it just me? X-D