Sign in to follow this  
LEGO Guy Bri

MOC Porsche 911

indexed.gif V-LV-53D to V-LV-53F

After months of accumulating parts and trying to design an acceptable 911, I found my solution. I have wanted 911's in a variety of colors but, there is only one color that this part comes in that can be used. Red (apparently white, but @ $3.50?). So that left me with a bit of a problem after building my first Porsche 911 (scroll down a little). I had a bit of trouble designing a proper face for the car. I put that build on hiatus because of a few other ideas that hit me. Then last night it hit me, a simple solution to get as close to a 911 in 4 wide. So here is my new collection of 4W Porsche 911s. Hope you like! default_classic.gif

moc_porsche_911_07.jpgmoc_porsche_911_08.jpg

moc_porsche_911_09.jpgmoc_porsche_911_10.jpg

moc_porsche_911_11.jpgmoc_porsche_911_12.jpg

moc_porsche_911_04_lot.jpg

moc_porsche_911_06_lot.jpg

Updated photos: 12/8/12

New to the collection are the Porsche 911 RS Turbos

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_15.jpgmoc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_18.jpg

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_17.jpgmoc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_16.jpg

moc_porsche_911_13_lot_2.jpg

moc_porsche_911_14_lot_2.jpg

Updated Photos: 1/20/12

Gumball 3000 inspired 911's

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_19_gumball_3000_.jpg

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_20_gumball_3000.jpg

Comments and suggestions welcomed or tell me your favorite color choice! Thanks for having a look at the lot default_classic.gif

Edited by Phred

I do like the red one better, the rounded headlights being more authentic, but these multicoloured ones are still cool. That's a nice little collection you have.

I think I'd like to see one in all black, or maybe black with a red bottom plate.

Or go all out street racer and light up the underside, even just with trans pieces down the sidesteps.

I realy love them. The colours are well chosen. I love the old 4-wide vehicles. If you don't mind, ik like to introduce them into my own town. :thumbup::cry_happy::wub:

I like the yellow 911, especially the back of it. Nice efforts! Would love to see them in muted colors though.

I think I'd like to see one in all black, or maybe black with a red bottom plate.

Or go all out street racer and light up the underside, even just with trans pieces down the sidesteps.

I like the yellow 911, especially the back of it. Nice efforts! Would love to see them in muted colors though.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, 'Xyver' and 'Hei'. I updated with some new pics of models you suggested. I thought the color schemes are a great idea! Hope you like them default_classic.gif

I realy love them. The colours are well chosen. I love the old 4-wide vehicles. If you don't mind, ik like to introduce them into my own town.

Thank you, 'TDG'. By all means, build them if you want them! default_classic.gif

Interesting classic town take on a classic sports car, great work 'LGG'.

Nice solution and beautiful color scheme!

The exaust system is a great touch!

Thank you for your kind words 'lt' and 'LTF12V'! default_classic.gif

I see a familar design.

Hint:

Try the below Flickr link :tongue:

That was actually what I based my first Porsche off.

My favorite of the bunch, is based off of 'Selander's MOC, "Red Open Sport Car". I like his so much I built one but, realized I couldn't fit in a minifig and traditional steering wheel. So I made a larger, wider, roadster.[quote]

moc_porsche_911_01.jpg

It is quite difficult to get that rear slope right in 4W default_satisfied.gif

Thanks for the colour update LGG.

trans green isn't the colour I was thinking of (more trans blue) but it works great. I love it.

Very nice shape, I like it a lot. My favorite is the last addition - the black one with the blue trans plates.

Very nice shape, I like it a lot. My favorite is the last addition - the black one with the blue trans plates.

Really nice but...give a look to those models:

very cute, are those wheels official Lego?

Thank you, 'ER0L', 'Fede78', 'Brickmamba' for your comments. 'Fede78', very nice work on with those 5 wides default_classic.gif

Edited by Leg Godt Gud

Thank you, 'ER0L', 'Fede78', 'Brickmamba' for your comments. 'Fede78', very nice work on with those 5 wides default_classic.gif

Cheers mate

And if someone likes some tuning or likes to make a 911 turbo just add this BBS Wheels 11 x 6 mm with 8 Y spokes:

afdec4164219533.jpg

from 8679 Tokyo International Circuit Set

Edited by Fede78

And if someone likes some tuning or likes to make a 911 turbo just add this BBS Wheels 11 x 6 mm with 8 Y spokes:

from 8679 Tokyo International Circuit Set

I looked for those wheels a little while back but, no one had them in bulk. Thats why I ended up with the white/gold wheels. I do like those very much and hope to get some (many) soon default_classic.gif

Instead of creating a new thread for more 911's, I decided to add them here. In regards to these, after waiting almost a month for a few BL orders from overseas to arrive (d**n customs), I was finally able to finish my two 911's. I think pretty much bought up all those sloped black mudguards in the U.S. For this, I am sorry default_blush.gif

Anyway, these are inspired by the Gumball 3000... Well I guess any rally but, I think of the Gumball 3K for some reason. Maybe the extra color pallet or something.

So here they are, hope you enjoy default_classic.gif

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_19_gumball_3000_.jpg

moc_porsche_911_rs_turbo_20_gumball_3000.jpg

Nothing much different, just colorful!

To quote Ferdinand Porsche, "If the design works, build a million". Well maybe he didn't say that but, he could have!

Thank you for viewing default_classic.gif

Nice Porsche 911s!

It's difficult to get the design on such a small design, and I think you did pretty well! :sweet:

Those Porsches are really nice. You used some great color combos and the rims from the "Cars"-Sets fit great.

And a really nice detail on the exhaust. :wink:

cc-sport12.jpg

I am ready. We could go racing... :laugh:

Keep up the great work,

Farnheim

Nice Porsche 911s!

It's difficult to get the design on such a small design, and I think you did pretty well!

Those Porsches are really nice. You used some great color combos and the rims from the "Cars"-Sets fit great.

And a really nice detail on the exhaust.

I am ready. We could go racing...

Keep up the great work,

Farnheim

Thanks 'Ceroknight' and 'Farnheim'. I can't take all the credit as 'Sealander' pioneered the design with his smaller "Open Red Sports Car". I liked it so much I designed and built my own version of the iconic car. I like that little red car you made 'Farnheim'. I hope you put it in a topic with more pics. And I'll take you on that race offer! 1/4 mile for Pinks? default_tong.gif

I like your use of the pieces from the outback racer. That was one of my favorite sets when I was younger and its always nice to see those stickers still applied to the original pieces.

And may I join that race? I think my Bolt Python is up to the challenge. :wink: In fact, a Eurobricks Grand Prix could be a cool contest.

IMAG0527.jpg