Sérgio

MOC: CP0450 DMU

This MOC was done in teamwork,

I did this project in LDD and a friend of my LUG has the real

Its a Portuguese train.

7Wide,more than 2300Parts and have lot of SNOT, the doors open, with interiors, seats 32, and WC,

I hope you like

00_cp0450.jpg

automotora_diesel_cp_frente_azul.jpg

BS folder(real bricks) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=490514

BS folder (LDD Project) http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=321535

PS: i know, some parts is not equal to real, but my LDD its from LDD 2.0 or 1.5 (i dont remember but its old)

Edited by Sérgio

Exellent train MOC! The shape is practically exact to that of the real train! But one question: is it motorized?

Edited by Captain J

Fantastic MOC, great detail and nicely proportioned. I love that the doors work too, can you say how you did the metallic looking detail near the driver cab, looks great but can't see what bricks are involved?

Great work. It is a really nice train you made.

Actually I think you managed to make an ugly train look good. (And now I hope I didn't offend anyone)

It's beautiful :)

Q for 7-wide builders. Where exactly do you make the switch from 6 wide bogeys to 7 wide carriages?

There are a few techniques that you can use.

If you want to use standard bogey plates, you need a hole in your train base centered on the middle stud of your 7 wide base.

Thin Technic liftarm or these plate with hole will work, though the liftarms normally give a more solid base.

Another technique is to use a standard 4x2 technic plate with brackets on either end followed by a plate on tile as illustrated in this thread

These techniques also work for power function bogies, where the hole allows a technic axle to drive the wheels.

My favorite solution, for carriages where I don't need powered bogies, is just to build a 7 wide base with a six wide plate and a one wide plate followed by a second layer of two wide plates on the sides. I then use a 2x2 turntable to connect the bogie, it can attach into the tubes (rather than between them) of the six wide baseplate which gives the required offset to correctly center the bogey. It also means you can abandon the more expensive bogey plate in favour of a brick built bogey which is likely to be cheaper and more flexible for detailing.