Sign in to follow this  
Captain J

Beginnings of a LEGO Train Mountain

About 2-3 weeks ago I began working on building a LEGO Train Mountain. I was very inspired by some topics here and that's when I began working on this!

mountain1.jpg

mountain2.jpg

mountain3.jpg

mountain4.jpg

Now you are probablly wondering why this is all different colors. Well, all of those red, blue, orange, white and tan bricks are just the plan for what I will be building with green and lime green bricks, that I will be getting from the in-store LEGO PaB. As you may have noticed in the last picture, the inner support for the back mountain part is made from Duplo bricks. I saw that idea in one of the topics here, and it has saved me alot of bricks (and money!). The back mountain part will be finished off with Bricklink's "light-bluish gray" and dark stone gray bricks. I will be going to a LEGO store after Christmas and I will use the free holiday PaB box I got for spending over 75 dollars and I will also buy a large PaB cup to fill with bricks. (and maybe a small one, too) I will then build what I have built so far with all of the colored bricks and will (hopefully) finish off the top of the mountain! This will be more of a green mountain rather than a rocky mountain, and I will add plants and vegatation to it.

Please tell me your thoughts on this so far! :sweet:

Edited by Captain J

Hi Captain J,

I cannot really grasp the idea of your construction and why you posted in the Train Tech (is there going to be a train tunnel?),

but I can tell you that BrickLink probably is cheaper that PaB. If not, please tell me so.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi Captain J,

I cannot really grasp the idea of your construction and why you posted in the Train Tech (is there going to be a train tunnel?),

but I can tell you that BrickLink probably is cheaper that PaB. If not, please tell me so.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes there will be a train tunnel going through the mountain. And Bricklink might be cheaper, but like I said I have a free box to fill with bricks and if there is a good selection of green bricks (usually there is) I might as well get it while I'm there and not have to pay shipping. (Remember I'm not using the online PaB, but the instore one)

Edited by Captain J

Captain J: not to come down too hard on your building efforts, but this doesn't look like much of anything. It looks like a random stack of bricks with not much symmetry or pattern in its design. Is it suppose to have an overall shape or was there something you were aiming to create? Perhaps its the colors that's throwing me? I read your comment above, but I'm looking for something that associates this creation to the Train Tech forum - like track or a train. Personally, I would suggest you photograph your creation after you've had some time to work on the overall scene. Maybe then we could appreciate what you're trying to accomplish.

*huh* Let me get this right...

You're making a mountain? Then what's up with all those odd-coloured bricks?

I really can't see where this is going, all I see is a green baseplate and a bunch of bricks slapped together.

Please prove me wrong.

I think he is saying that he is building what is probably a hill,(But maybe part of a larger mountain?)that will have a tunnel/cutting going through it for a train to go under/through. I am assuming from the comments that at the moment all those multi-coloured bricks are just filling and that it will be covered in more natural greens, browns and greys and so on once those bricks have arrived or been purchased.

I guess as we have had a tunnel thread recently it does tie in with a train theme from that persepective.

It will be good to see how it progresses though once the proper colours have been applied to the outside and the tunnel/cutting entrances have been constructed. I hope you mmanage too get your hands on those bricks you need soon and can post some updates so we can all see how it is progressing. It may help to get a better idea if you lay some train track across it where it will eventually run, even if it is only to show us the effect you are hoping to get?

This should be interesting with lots of little details added to it!

Captain J clearly stated in his original post that all the vibrant colors are temporary during the planning stages until he gets the proper colors. Since he stated it's going to be a mountain and posted it in the train forum, I gathered what I was looking at was the beginnings of a curved train tunnel. That's what I see anyway.

I don't get it... :wacko:

However, Vincent Van Gogh exacerbated himself for his wacky artwork, and look what it's worth now.

Really if it is a tunnel, it needs to be a tunnel, to be under this theme...