ZCerberus

Albion: the capital city of Avalonia

The Avalonia Trading Company has a request.

The new drawing looks excellent, but plot number 16, on which the A.T.C. warehouse, or storehouse will be built, is rather small. The A.T.C. warehouse keeps all the city supplies in there like water, food and so much more. The A.T.C. belongings like the treasury and such are in the headquarters, the trading hall on number 15.

I don't want you to draw the whole inner sanctum over again, I would just request to take plot 14 and 15 instead of 15 and 16. If that is possible.

This is where I'm thinking about for a warehouse, just a bit smaller, but you get the idea. The foundation is already there!

And this for the A.T.C. office/trade hall.

On behalf of the Avalonia Trading Company, already thanks! :blush:

I don't want you to draw the whole inner sanctum over again, I would just request to take plot 14 and 15 instead of 15 and 16. If that is possible.

The plots are more suggestive than literal, so I don't think there is a big difference to me between 15-16 and 14-15 (other than that buildings there should be some what larger than smaller buildings). However, I think we should move ATC closer to the gatehouse, so I approve the request and have made the change.

This is where I'm thinking about for a warehouse, just a bit smaller, but you get the idea. The foundation is already there!

Very nice picture in that link. Fits very nicely with our guild. I am excited to see that one!

I would like to purchase lot 40.

It will be a shop to sell what I produce on my land (haven't decided what just yet) as well as a residence above for when I am in the capital on business.

I'd like to take No. 60.

With No. 59 being the Mages Guild, I'd like to errect an alchemist!

Best regards,

Sir Moriartus

Edited by Rolli

I think I have everyone who has signed up on the first post in this thread. Please let me know if I have missed anyone or have not linked the first post to a completed creation.

I don't know when the next main challenge will be issued, so maybe getting on the Albion task with the down time will help us strengthen our position as the "it" guild of Historica :sweet:

I updated the drawings in the first post a few times. They look much more cohesive now I think! Let's make this thing the true Pearl City of Historica!

I notice you've added a Bowyer. Would it be okay for me to switch from Fletcher to that?

The bowyer was always there ;) but I can switch it!

I think that we should have a great Library of Avalonia in our glorious capital, a public building where we can keep the sacred texts and histories of our great realm, both a testament to our engineering prowess and wealth of knowledge!

I would love to volunteer to build one, however, it would be in black, which will contrast very badly to the excellent mocs i have seen thus far.

Does anyone else like the idea and wish to take up the build?

Probably something grandeur like this would be amazing and really emkphazise our culture and guild power.

http://www.gameguru.in/images/civilization-great-library-1.jpg

Edited by JacksonRemus

I think that we should have a great Library of Avalonia in our glorious capital, a public building where we can keep the sacred texts and histories of our great realm, both a testament to our engineering prowess and wealth of knowledge!

I would love to volunteer to build one, however, it would be in black, which will contrast very badly to the excellent mocs i have seen thus far.

Does anyone else like the idea and wish to take up the build?

Probably something grandeur like this would be amazing and really emkphazise our culture and guild power.

http://www.gameguru.in/images/civilization-great-library-1.jpg

You can build it in black... we do have paint... I was only cautioning to be wary of style clashes for things that should be the same like towers and gate houses, less so with buildings on the interior.

I just realized I didn't post my armorer in this thread.

So I present, Hemrick the Armorer!

Hemrick-the-Armorer1-M.jpg

More photos and back story in THIS thread

More photos and back story in THIS thread

You can post links and pictures in this thread to announce you have completed a MOC, but the I also have been creating links to each build on the first post in this thread (click on the bold/highlighted name/text by the number of the building) and I believe Derfel is linking them from the first page of the guild thread as well. Just a little note for you guys if you are looking for other people's completed MOCs, those are great places to find them.

Looks like you all are starting to turn out some great MOCs for Albion. It's starting to come together, and I can see how it will have a fairly cohesive look once done!

Here's an idea for you all; not sure how hard it would be to do, but might be worth a try:

I think everyone making an MOC of a building along the streets of Albion should take three photos in as close the same vantage points as they can - one absolutely straight on, one oblique from the right, and one oblique from the left. Then when (most) of the MOCs are done, someone can stitch together the photos in the order in which the buildings are, to create a full view of a city block!

You'd have to have the pictures all taken from approximately the same level (ground level is probably easiest). And the same background too (white or off-white is probably best, although this can be edited). The lighting will be different, but that's probably alright. It would probably help if a common resolution was agreed on ahead of time too (e.g., 1280x1024 with the average one-plot building taking up 80% of the photo width, or something like that), but that might not be essential as long as everyone took photos of fairly high resolution.

The straight-on picture is probably the most important. The oblique photos would be nice because they could be stitched together into a view looking down the street. But that's more work because everyone would have to take their photo from approximately the same angle (I guess directly diagonal from the corner would be easiest), and it would be more work to stitch them together as you'd have to start at the end of the block with a shrunken photo and place gradually larger photos partially on top of it as you came up the street.

Might be worth a try, and the end result could be really great!

I think everyone making an MOC of a building along the streets of Albion should take three photos in as close the same vantage points as they can - one absolutely straight on, one oblique from the right, and one oblique from the left. Then when (most) of the MOCs are done, someone can stitch together the photos in the order in which the buildings are, to create a full view of a city block!

Might be worth a try, and the end result could be really great!

I would be neat... but I doubt the result would be anything like you are picturing! I think this would be simply too hard. It may work if we had the same person taking the photos with the same camera, in the same light etc., but outside of that... you also have to factor in how far one is from the photo. what king of base it is built on and more.

I agree that it would be really super awesome, I just don't think it would work!

Hello fellows of Avalonia,

the Tower B of the wall is online. Here is one picture:

tower_b_02.jpg

Again thanks to de Gothia for the great design of the flag. It makes the tower really complete.

That tower is ooking real good!! Like how you have put in the premolded pieces in the wall and managed to make them looking good.. :classic:

The dark gray tiles on the wall is also very nice!

I would like to build a beer-brewery on 42.

Maybe I build later an inn or a taverna, but at first I want the brewery on 42

If anyone wants to take the tanner, then feel free. I am going to give it up so I can concentrate more on the embassy.

I claim 52.

Not all Drow bow to the Lloth, many of them would like to live in peace with other nations (weaklings), but, nevertheless, they spread trough the land and live among other nations. They have black skin, but wear surfacers clothes, act and talk like them, and worship Eilistraee "The Dark Maiden", the chaotic good Drow goddess of song, swordwork, hunting, the moon and beauty, and all of this epitaphs are the same, when describing her temple, built in Albion. Stained glass, slender and tall structure, grace and beauty...

Not as beautiful as our spider-queen, but, it is there, and there is nothing we can do (yet:)

200px-Eilistraee_symbol.jpg

So, is 52 mine?

So, is 52 mine?

I hesitate to do so since you are affiliated with another guild. Perhaps you should simply build your embassy (second main challenge) in Avalonia instead?