rm8

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado 2011 (150). Supercar scale 1:9.5

Your Toyota is even more stunning in full studless :wub:

thank you

looking back to studful version: have just one feeling :thumbdown::sick: it looks fat like Sequoia

:laugh:

Edited by rm8

Thanks for the show! It's really nice seeing the model come together. Also, I think your studless decision was the right one. The nature pics are really good, it looks like the real thing :thumbup:

Edited by Lost_In_Noise

are you planning to make building instructions or

some detailed photo's so we can build it?

a time ago i was trying to build a Toyota FJ on that scale but it fails...

are you planning to make building instructions or

some detailed photo's so we can build it?

a time ago i was trying to build a Toyota FJ on that scale but it fails...

It is long story:)

Normally I dont like SUVs much but A.This is a VERY cool model and B.Unlike many real-world SUV drivers, you actually depicted your MOC being used off the black stuff (which is the whole point of something like a LandCruiser :)

Mates, what do you think: is there any demand in instruction for Prado?

Now this car is standing on my shelve.

I understand that I have to reinforce some elements and update design before making any instruction.

Of course,this additional details and weeks of hard LDD work. But I dont plan to become rich by that:) just compensation for additional work.

I know that it is far from ideal comparing with such supercar-builders like Sheepo, Crowkillers and others. This is my my first big MOC and supercar after dark ages.

So, would you pay for instruction? Is, for example, 10€ a good price for such MOC on your shelve?

Edited by rm8

Sounds like a great idea and a fair price. Count me in.

Edited by Kronos

Your Prado is just awesome. I envy your skills knowing that was your first big supercar.

Once I get over my stupid uncomfortable feeling about online paying, I will buy instructions of MOCs (yours too). Probably I won't build them, but would buy the instructions anyway.

I was lazy for a long time to show you how my Prado's transmission with gearbox module.

This is it:

Underside

2013-05-01-615.jpg

Sallon part with gearbox arm, and two arms for drive mode and diff locks control

2013-05-01-609.jpg

Empty space in the frame. Module is fixed by red 3L pins with bush

2013-05-01-608.jpg

Now i need to fight with my laziness to fill this space by two XL motors for drive:)

This is simple description

2013_%2525205_%2525201_%2525200_35.jpg

I like your every other moc! This transmission really gets me cracking what to explore with my available parts.

I just stumbled again over your Prado. Initially, I was looking on Brickshelf for a C-Model of 9395.

But then I saw the Prado. I am really in love with the style of this car. And its size and features of course. I'd really love to rebuild it in red (though I guess it won't look as good as black). You don't have, by any chance, have a partslist?

I hope you make instructions for it. I would guess, 10€ sounds very reasonable.

I very much like your work! Looksgood and interesting read!

Edited by Robvdveer

Here is express motorization of Prado

Quick motorizing of Toyota Prado, that I am planned since building this MOC.

V6 engine, gearbox and transferbox was unmounted to free space for electrics.

For mototrizing I used 2xl - 1 xl per axle.

Servo motor for steering.

This motorization was made just for easy driving. There are some issues of bad performance:

1. Rear wheels touch the arches when suspension is compressed. I have to use little bit smaller tires (90 mm is best). So touching arches brake the model at obstacles where rear suspension compresses.

2. Small torque. Motors connected to wheels with 20:28 differential gearing. I tried some reduction before diffs (12:20) - this gives slipping of small gears in differential on load.

3. There is no wheel portal gearings and no possibility to install them here.

i agree with efferman, and anyway it wasn't meant to be rc :) so i guess that's enough

I think it performs very well. But, you can see in the model how SUVs are not really made for going hard offroad. Just like the real vehicles :)