Sign in to follow this  
Horry

[MOC] Sabre Island - reloaded

[pid][/pid]193C

Hello folks!

having finished the tutorial on forts yesterday I thought about the different possibilities to implement the star-fort technique.

Apart from the proof that there is a very simple way of constructing star-forts in Lego there is not much to be seen here...

But I came out with a yet-to-be-perfected but stable possibility. It is nothing special but I thought I'd share it with you!

The MOC is supposed to be a small watchtower version of "Sabre Island" (my favourite blue-coat set!) - I imagined the watchtower to be part of a series of towers that might be constructed on an archipelago in order to guard a harbour.

6462254421_28203c1693_b.jpg

Sabre Island 2 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6462254769_31c3434641_b.jpg

Sabre Island von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

6462254957_75cdd0cebb_b.jpg

Sabre Island 3 von HMSCentaur auf Flickr

It has a very classic feel. You should do more builds based off of your tutorial's. The more I look at this the more I feel I should build a little soldier base. Thank's for the inspiration! :pir-sweet:

Thank you both!

It has a very classic feel. You should do more builds based off of your tutorial's. The more I look at this the more I feel I should build a little soldier base. Thank's for the inspiration! :pir-sweet:

actually, I don't care too much for land-based MOCs because I feel that I've got not that much talent (especially compared to some other forts and island MOCs floatin' around here :pir-classic: )

But I might just try to recreate the classic-pirates land-based sets in a way similar to that one here.

But I might just try to recreate the classic-pirates land-based sets in a way similar to that one here.

And you did an amazing job doing that! :thumbup:

Great MOC!

In really like this build, I love the sturdy feel of it, I am sure it could handle a cannon ball or two thrown its way, I also like the top hats on the figs, I have loads of those kicking around yet I new use them (now I might).

Don't be too hard on yourself Horry this is a good build be proud you do ideed have talent :pir_laugh2: