hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

If you were to hit 10,000 and LEGO agreed to make it, I would personally think LEGO would demand that they want to use the Galaxy Patrol's gear since they already have molds for them. The fewer new molds they'd have to make, the higher the chance to get it approved, I would think!

He's already using that armor. :wink:

He's already using that armor. :wink:

The reason it looks slightly different is that at the time I modeled them, the Space Marines were being based off a single fuzzy leaked CMF image.

The reason it looks slightly different is that at the time I modeled them, the Space Marines were being based off a single fuzzy leaked CMF image.

Are you going to redesign the armour and helmet to match the CMF figure?

And when can we expect a feature length movie? :tongue:

Edited by BasOne

Well, I've added a new header image to the Cuusoo project. No feature-length movie yet, unless you're willing to donate a render farm so my poor lil' computer doesn't explode. :)

This is a great idea. I'm disappointed that licensed ideas like Firefly and Zelda are getting way more votes. I like to spread the word about projects like this, because I'd be thrilled to see a non-licensed, genuinely interesting idea be produced thanks to CUUSOO.

I think one way to speed up the support rate would be to post it on mocpages. And since mano is making the navy, could I please handle the Army?

Edited by DraikNova

I went with a two-hose design so the single hose wouldn't stick out in front too much. I am planning on releasing bigger sets- I'm putting the finishing touches on an APC vs. Ugokin fighters set that's fairly substantial.

Edit: Another figbarf, this time civilians and a Navy man:

I love the neck splitter. been sketching a similar part in school notebooks for 2 years, and I think I need to learn some 3d modeling so I can fix up all these ideas and get them out of my system :tongue:

I model stuff in Inventor and Solidworks easily but modeling software that isn't straight up cad freaks me out...

The headset is a crazy good idea, and really needs to be made.

I went with a two-hose design so the single hose wouldn't stick out in front too much. I am planning on releasing bigger sets- I'm putting the finishing touches on an APC vs. Ugokin fighters set that's fairly substantial.

Edit: Another figbarf, this time civilians and a Navy man:

I love the neck splitter. been sketching a similar part in school notebooks for 2 years, and I think I need to learn some blender modeling so I can fix up all these ideas and get them out of my system :tongue:

I model stuff in Inventor and Solidworks easily but modeling software that isn't straight up cad freaks me out... (and dang old mac os x keeps me outta what I'm somewhat decent at.)

The headset is a crazy good idea, and really needs to be made.

Really sorry about the double post, that's a first for me :sceptic:

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

I think one way to speed up the support rate would be to post it on mocpages. And since mano is making the navy, could I please handle the Army?

Go for it. I would recommend using the Space Marines models I have from Blendswap and making them a different color. I think dark bley with olive-green armor would be the bomb.

I've added my support on Cuusoo. I'd love to see this as a theme. My son is starting to lose interest in Lego and wants more Halo. A theme like this would have him buying all these sets. his dad too ;)

Brilliant designs so far.

Sorry for causing some what of a stir on the Cuusoo project page today! I had no intent of doing so :sad:

I hope it somehow brings more positive support to the project because I really believe that this can be great!

Have you thought about making a hard suit/heavy armor? Like a brick built suit using the head/helmet only? That would be a neat compliment to all your other designs.

Have you thought about making a hard suit/heavy armor? Like a brick built suit using the head/helmet only? That would be a neat compliment to all your other designs.

This gave me an idea for a suggestion:

You could paint a Series 7 Galaxy Patrol's armour dark red, and post THAT on the CUUSOO page. People would love to see more than digital renders,

This gave me an idea for a suggestion:

You could paint a Series 7 Galaxy Patrol's armour dark red, and post THAT on the CUUSOO page. People would love to see more than digital renders,

You may just get your wish. I have Bricklink order on the way.

You may just get your wish. I have Bricklink order on the way.

Awesome! I can't wait to see it!

I'm really looking forward to this hitting 10k supporters.

Edited by purpleparadox

The new main pic on CUUSOO is epic! :thumbup:

Woah. Agreed.

I hadn't seen the new main pic til you brought it up. I love the explosions, the tank, the Space Marines going to fight the aliens, everything. It looks great.

Looking great so far. :classic:

I understand why you'd want to include alien Space Marines, but if you add too many it might confuse things up a bit.

Also, I think the red might be a bit much on the Ugokins. Red and green might not be the best colour combination.

Visually, it'd be clearer to have to completely different colours fighting each other, but that's only my opinion.

I understand why you'd want to include alien Space Marines, but if you add too many it might confuse things up a bit.

You haven't ever watched Ben10 ? :wink:

I :wub: that new first image on the Cuusoo page.....too much almost. I'm already supporting this one, hopefully this one makes as Firefly didn't pass the review board.

I think the red might be a bit much on the Ugokins. Red and green might not be the best colour combination.

Visually, it'd be clearer to have to completely different colours fighting each other, but that's only my opinion.

They're Dark orange and Dark green. The only red is their eyes. Plus the marines are a new red. Dark sand red if I recall correctly.

I haven't been able to change the colors of the marines on Blender. Can I ask how to do that and which blend you would recommend as a starting point?

No need, you've already done a great job with your current version, so I guess I can't really improve. One note of advice though, since they seem heavily steampunk, they don't really have the "space" feel to them. Other than that no need for any improvements. Even trying to improve on that one is really a lost cause, since I kinda like the armored one more than I like the actual marines. Since I'm hoping that when LEGO approves this they will make it a multi-year theme, I'll make a list of what I would like to see for each year:

Year 1: Space Marines only, except for one Space Navy fig.

Year 2: Space Marines, Space Navy, introduction Space Army.

Year 3: Space Marines, Space Navy and Space army (possible Special Ops Marines?)

Year 4: Same thing as the one before.

Edited by DraikNova

For everyone: By popular request, an Army man:

*Snip*

This looks great, but I feel that it looks a bit to realistic for TLG. Perhaps olive green and dark bley? Still too military, though.

Perhaps dark green? :sceptic: