hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

Fantastic news, i really hope this is made into a theme, would be a real knock for the whole programme in my opinion if it gets refused. Would like to see a whole theme but even one set would be good especially if it is a big one.

I'd like to thank everyone with a little message I prepared a while back:

In no particular order, I'd like to thank the following people for helping the Space Marines to the coveted 10,000 supporter mark. First up are my two (awesome) collaborators:

• Greenlead: Perhaps more than anyone else, Greenlead has been an enthusiastic spreader of the Space Marines gospel, and a superb ideas man. He gets the credit for molding my half-formed ideas about a galactic civilization into a coherent narrative, and providing all kinds of support along the way.

• CrashSanders: Two words: Drop Pod. I have no idea how someone can take something so small and turn it into something so cool. In addition, it's nice to now that there's someone who will scream “READ THE FAQ!” so you don't have to.

A few more people have been indispensable in helping out.

• GlenBricker: The deadline was looming and it looked like things were going to come down to the wire to hit 10k before the review deadline, but this gentleman took it upon himself to promote the Space Marines on Brickset- and that provided the final push. Kudos to GlenBricker as well for his superb Cuusoo-tracking site, a true aid to any project creator.

• Tim Courtney: The Cuusoo man in charge who keeps things decent even when it's difficult. I can think of no other site manager who's displayed the consistent level of class that Mr. Courtney has exemplified.

• DraikNova: For updating the Eurobricks thread faster than I though humanly possible and spreading the red-armored gospel across Eurobricks, DraikNova deserves a round of applause.

• The Blendswap.com staff: The Blender file-swapping site saw the debut of the Space Marines, and Blendswap has continued to provide an excellent outlet for me to learn more about Blender and enhance my presentation skills. The Space Marines would not exist without Blendswap.

• Ultron32: Because sometimes you need someone to cast a critical eye over your set design and tell you what sucks about it.

• DINO: For keeping the Space Marines community abreast of what's going on in the wider world of LEGO.

• Tenebrae, Lindel, and xxstormxx: Every project needs at least one person who sticks with it and helps keep things moving along in a civil manner, and these three have helped tremendously with the Space Marines in this regard.

• BrickKart and the rest of the “university staff:” For giving me the biggest laughs I've had in a long, long time with their ideas for gonzo classes, faculty, and locations.

• The Eurobricks & Flickr communities: For providing a load of interesting and informative critiques on everything from themes to building techniques.

• Supporters: Because we wouldn't be getting 10k without 10,000 people who are committed to the cause. Thanks everyone for helping out.

• My playtesters: For playing with every model in the line without complaint, even if the Marines were just Galaxy Patrol placeholders.

• People I didn't mention: Hey, this project's been going strong for almost a year now and my memory is finite. Thanks to everyone I've forgotten to mention.

I'd like to conclude with a couple very special thanks:

• nnenn: The Space builder who has inspired me more than any other. The LEGO community will always miss you, and I'll never be half as good.

• Real Marines: It's thanks to you that I can do stupid stuff like this. I can never thank you enough.

Edited by hjmediastudios

Many thanks to you too, Nick! It was pleasure to participationg in such an awesome project! And yes, sometimes reading FAQ will save you from a shameful and awkward moments. ;)

I hope to continue to work with you and other guys on Space Marines as something big, not limited with one specific set.

Congrats Nick! It's great to see this finally make it. Definitely deserves it. Hopefully we'll be able to buy this! :sweet:

Congratulations Nick! I remember when the first time I saw the Space Marines project on Cuusoo and being totally blown away by the set designs. Like Masked Builder said "Hopefully we'll be able to buy this!"

Congratulations Nick, I know for a fact that CUUSOO is an endeavour that really puts your will to the test. You managed to keep the project going for a very long time and that alone is already a feat to be commended. Enjoy this moment and I sincerly wish you the best with the review, no matter what happens this one is already a part of LEGO history.

Congratulations! The article on Brickset made me vote for this now as well (thought I had done it before). I am very curious what TLG will say.

Congrats. And now we´re safe from the monday deadline. Whew. And thank you for this awesome project HJ!

Edited by DraikNova

Congrats and thanks for sharing this universe with us. Now it's fingers crossed for a positive result of the review stage. Come on Lego - this is a winner for sure!

Congrats on 10k. Hopefully we'll all be able to get our hands on some of your Space Marines eventually. :thumbup:

Congrats to have reached 100.000 supporters and thank you for this fantastic project :thumbup: :thumbup: I hope this project will be realty :wink:

I'd like to add my congradulations as well. You've really earned this and you have the support of the AFOL community. :thumbup:

By the way, LEGO's official comments are very positive - I think you've got a chance at getting this approved mate!

Dude, congratulations. I've been watching Space Marines' progression virtually since the beginning when I first found it, and it pleases me to no end that you made it to 10,000 finally. Best of luck during the review, hopefully Lego will approve and bring this to fruition!

Congratulations! I'm happy you made 10K supporters, HJ! If I only get one set next year, I'll make sure I get this one, provided it passed LEGO's review process (and I'm fairly confident it will!)

Whoo hoo! Great job! I can't wait to see what Lego does with your suggestion! You really deserved those 10,000, and I'm proud that my brother and I contributed to your cause! :sweet:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Congratulations!

It was really awesome to see the Space Marines in the main banner on the CUUSOO site.

Awesome work and can't wait to see what's in store next.

Man, it's been a long, but steady, crawl to the finish line - congrats! All your hard work has paid off. I really hope this passes the review!