hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

I actually agree with you 'Rez', I too prefer the tank on that proposed box art shot. :wink:

The newer design with that multi-barrel gun has me worried, not very a long range weapon ? :wink:

I actually agree with you 'Rez', I too prefer the tank on that proposed box art shot. :wink:

The newer design with that multi-barrel gun has me worried, not very a long range weapon ? :wink:

I don't dislike the older APC design; it just had too many pieces for me to keep it in a desirable price point.

Personally, I like the new gun design. The binocular parts are useful and the drawer-controls are very creative. That's not to say I didn't like the old one. But hey, if when this becomes popular enough to turn into a full-fledged theme, there's always a chance we might see something more like the original

Edited by DraikNova

The binocular parts are useful and the drawer-controls are very creative.

The little door pieces aren't controls; they're more of a shield like this. There's a standard handlebar piece on the back for controls.

Anything that looked out of place on the earlier picture looks so much better from this angle. And those drawers look more like a shield too.

8204833772_38f3e46b20_k.jpg

Incidentally, I think I´m liking these brickbuilt guns better than the `new mold version`.

Edited by DraikNova

I must admit the earlier APC design was really nice. wasn't keen on the new design, but when you look at it from the front, it really isn't bad. It's starting to grow on me. And yes, those brick built guns are brilliant.

Breaking news: A possible new Collectible Minifig part has appeared which could be used as a Space Marine helmet (and accepts a visor):

6030412.jpg

It's apparently supposed to be a "Paintball Helmet"- but I think it would work perfectly for other purposes. Thoughts?

Breaking news: A possible new Collectible Minifig part has appeared which could be used as a Space Marine helmet (and accepts a visor):

6030412.jpg

It's apparently supposed to be a "Paintball Helmet"- but I think it would work perfectly for other purposes. Thoughts?

Just doesn´t look spacey enough, but if it helps LEGO accept the project...

Edited by DraikNova

Really? I think it looks more or less identical(yeah I know they're different, but aesthetically it fits right in to me). I'll pick up a few to try out on the alien trooper, assuming it's the same grey.

Also, the set does look better from that angle but the problems I have with it still remain; taking out the black detailing leave the red to be kind of overpowering, and the front nose with the doors just looks way too odd and plain. I think maybe a sticker of a space marines logo on the flat piece would really help break it up.

Edited by Rez

I'm going to be a bit of a Debbie downer for a second...I don't see those aliens becoming made, they would have to make new torso molds to accompany two sets of legs.

Now, I'm glad to see this thread back on the front page and hear the CuuSoo project gathering steam. I will be saddened if this is only to be one set though. Those ships on those desktop photos look awesome. I haven't read the thread, but I remember seeing something about TLG looking for suggestions on new themes. I sincerely hope you've submitted this to them, HJ. This is deserving of a full theme for sure.

I'm going to be a bit of a Debbie downer for a second...I don't see those aliens becoming made, they would have to make new torso molds to accompany two sets of legs.

Now, I'm glad to see this thread back on the front page and hear the CuuSoo project gathering steam. I will be saddened if this is only to be one set though. Those ships on those desktop photos look awesome. I haven't read the thread, but I remember seeing something about TLG looking for suggestions on new themes. I sincerely hope you've submitted this to them, HJ. This is deserving of a full theme for sure.

Read the earlier posts. All of this has been addressed before.

Just watched the video. Wow! That was awesome. It has me excited for Space Marines even more now. :grin: We need this approved!

Beat me to it :blush: , I was there when the last vote clicked it over.......so AWESOME......congrats to those involved in this project which hopefully will be the best Lego space/sci-fi theme ever ! :excited:

Edited by lightningtiger

Awesome! I can't imagine a scenario where Lego doesn't go through with this. I look forward to whenever we can buy some, would be great if it was by Jan 2014!