hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

Fantastic screenshot :thumbup: :thumbup:

Agree with Draik Nova, it would be nice if the next set will be a HQ :wink:

Wow. I'm just hoping the Ugokins have got some sort of Cthulhu creature, or else they're doomed.

And now, two huge desktops showcasing a load of vehicles, troops, and cool-looking renders. :wink:

These are both HD desktops; feel free to download.

Sweet...

My current Desktop :P

dt-1.png

That is one excellent animation! As one who dabbles around with 3d graphics and animations (mainly for rendering them out for city improvements or creating units and faction leader animations for Civilization III), I actually have some idea of how much work went into building, rigging, animating and rendering all of that... Well done!

Well done, HJ! That video is fantastic. I can only imagine the effort that went into that.

It looks really good! I think there's something a bit "off" with they way they're walking. Not quite sure what it is, but that's the only thing that bugs me. :sweet:

Just been browsing this thread for the first time - very impressed! Love the concept and all the hard work you put in. Great work - keep it up!

Personally, I think that, if this ever becomes an actual theme, the Space Marines should have a base. Or, as mentioned in the Cuusoo comments, a training camp. Which would be perfect for an exclusive, by the way.

The final set:

Concept model:8202158840_da41eb20c9_b.jpg

Finalized version:

8202463799_24100315ff_b.jpg

Pretty darn awesome, and I'm digging that multi-piece gun design the Space Marines use now.

Edited by DraikNova

It looks to me that the Galaxy Squad theme has conceptually left open space for space marines to fit right in. Just a few more votes! Love the new set, especially the use of door pieces!

:classic:

I have not looked at this thread for a while but am glad to see it continuing to gather support. Much better designs in these latest vehicles and the aliens are just so good especially the legs. These look way better than the Galaxy Squad aliens to me.

Wow, that's my favorite set so far! Honestly, I like this theme more than Galaxy Squad.

Gotta say I really did prefer the design of the tank in this initial set image more... But I suppose the dreaded piece count had something to do with that...

7122122237_a7aca53265_z.jpg

Also a little pissed in general at the essentially confirmed mandate that these CUUSOO sets are unlikely to get through with any new molds. A couple of new helmets or an alien head aren't going to break the bank when just in the first 2013 wave alone we're getting hit with Chima, Ninja Turtles, More SW, and Galaxy Squad all of which have a bunch of unique molds that will likely never see re-use out of their respective lines, with some of them likely to only be seen in single sets.

Edited by Rez