hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

Sorry for the double post, but here's some new pics from HJ's fotostream. They look awesome!

7835137036_fe68791279_n.jpg7840636312_8fef33851e_n.jpg7841614134_286125bef6_n.jpg7841613444_66253416b8_n.jpg7841612646_2602710c4a_n.jpg7841611718_178d2236ca_n.jpg7841611350_d238490059_n.jpg7841610496_67dbfdaa6b_n.jpg7841609932_89d07fdc43_n.jpg7841609192_d500f83313_n.jpg

I actually don't like the new Ugokin mold, but if that's what it takes to get the Space Marines released I'm all for it. Plus, I loved the Frenzy headpiece and the two Alien Space Marines more than make up for it. Although I did like the three-legged concept alot.

I wonder if that new torso piece can actually fit the studs on the normal leg parts.

Edited by DraikNova

Diggin' the look of those aliens, especially the 4-legged one. Just an idea, don't know if it would look good; turn around those hind legs, so they face forward.

And I would love to see a regular blue version (instead of red) + light gray (instead of black) + yellow (instead of white) of those marines; Classic Space 2.0 :laugh:

I actually don't like the new Ugokin mold, but if that's what it takes to get the Space Marines released I'm all for it. Plus, I loved the Frenzy headpiece and the two Alien Space Marines more than make up for it. Although I did like the three-legged concept alot.

I wonder if that new torso piece can actually fit the studs on the normal leg parts.

I like the use of Frenzy's head mold. For the body it might work better to use the lower half of the standard Frenzy torso ( ie a regular minifig torso) which will take a 2 stud connection on the bottom. The upper Frenzy torso is slightly narrower at the bottom ( minifig shoulder width) and is designed to connect to a head post. For the middle piece a standard 2x2x1 slope, similar to what has been used for a small child's skirt. The 4 legs may be problematic in the actual brick. In digital form you can flex them a bit to make them look leg like. But four legs side by side like that might end up simply looking like a 2x2 brick.

That would probably be a two times two brick plus a modified 2 times 2 slope brick.

I have a download link for the LDD file for My set:

http://www.brickshel...es_mini_set.lxf

Can you please add me to the list of contributors in the describtion on the Project page on LEGO CUUSOO?

I list people as contributors/collaborators if they submit a model that I like and actually use. This model, while nice, doesn't really meet the quality standards I have for the Space Marines. Thanks anyway.

Lovely :)

It is a wonder how TLG did not ask you to work for them already ;)

My wish: first order should be compatibility - as much as possible armor and helmet should be compatible with other lego armor (and helmets, hairs etc:). I would use that sand armor in fantasy castle moc in a heartbeat ;)

Also, armor that goes just upfront, (like lego's "breastplate" from pirates) is something that was made only once, and it is brilliant because you can combine it with all other body wear that goes on shoulders and back (shoulderpads, arrow quiver, mummy wings, tight hair etc

Maybe this will make you think in my direction :))

Edited by Angeli

Actually, the space marine armor is identical to that of the Galaxy Patrol Minifigure, only in red. He made it like that to reduce the amount of necessary new parts.

Do you mean the good ones or the bad ones (Ugokins)? Have you seen both versions of the Ugokins?

I know it's unlikely, but if we actually do get a set out of this my number one hope is that the helmets would be modified to have clear plastic visors, so they match the great images you've created for these. Two of my favorite lego pieces are the Hazmat guy helmet and the new diver's helmet, and I would be so pumped to see the space marine helmet incorporate this.

Also, forgive me if this has been cleared up before, but are there instructions & parts list available for the drop ship? And if not(waiting to see if it gets made as a set), will they be made available in the event that the set doesn't get approved or that a different set is made?

I know it's unlikely, but if we actually do get a set out of this my number one hope is that the helmets would be modified to have clear plastic visors, so they match the great images you've created for these.

i dunno. i think trans-orange visor is more epic than clear.

and i also hope they remake the sw rebel pilots helmet to be able to fit a visor and have those in trans-orange too.

I know it's unlikely, but if we actually do get a set out of this my number one hope is that the helmets would be modified to have clear plastic visors, so they match the great images you've created for these. Two of my favorite lego pieces are the Hazmat guy helmet and the new diver's helmet, and I would be so pumped to see the space marine helmet incorporate this.

Also, forgive me if this has been cleared up before, but are there instructions & parts list available for the drop ship? And if not(waiting to see if it gets made as a set), will they be made available in the event that the set doesn't get approved or that a different set is made?

From some experimentation, I think that a visor can be made without modifying the helmet; with some clever molding it would be possible to create a visor that would just snap in.

I'm currently working on instructions for the gunship, but due to the size and piece count it'll take a while. Besides, my current first priority is getting one more set design done.

i dunno. i think trans-orange visor is more epic than clear.

I like clear... it's easier to add cool HUD printing on.

I agree. Also, an orange filter is what I would use for infra-red vision.

EDIT: New picture!

7940502530_9753666c5a.jpg

Edited by DraikNova

Do you mean "I can see LEGO making this!"? Also, HJ, will you be showing the real version of the gunship?

Edited by DraikNova

And now, two huge desktops showcasing a load of vehicles, troops, and cool-looking renders. :wink:

8078773955_d0cc67e6fb_z.jpg

8084593193_da65417ee2_z.jpg

These are both HD desktops; feel free to download.

I'm still working on the instructions, which I plan to make freely available when I'm done.

It might reach 10000 in time for Christmas.

I'm hoping so. Currently there's 1435 supporters left to go. At an average rate of about 85 supporters per week, that pans out to a little over 16 weeks. I'm planning a special publicity-grubbing surprise, though, so that could go faster.