hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

I love that drop pod design! BTW, have you considered applying for the Computer Graphics designer job that just opened at LEGO? :thumbup:

I can't leave the States, so it's a "cool, but maybe later" type of thing. I have some commitments in the near future that preclude any sort of job.

Awesome drop pods! I really hope this reaches 10,000 votes!

You should make a really big dropship! ;)

Only 3 more to go to reach the 5000-support mark! This needs frontpaging!

EDIT: Just saw the drop pods! AMAZING design! I'm amazed at how you could fit 3 SMs in such a small model! Keep up the good work! By the way, if I have an idea for a set, where or to whom should I submit it?

Edited by Scorpion

Only 3 more to go to reach the 5000-support mark! This needs frontpaging!

EDIT: Just saw the drop pods! AMAZING design! I'm amazed at how you could fit 3 SMs in such a small model! Keep up the good work! By the way, if I have an idea for a set, where or to whom should I submit it?

PM to HJMediaStudios. ;)

Aww, so many comments, that I must post these pics:

lddscreenshot197_r.png

lddscreenshot198_r.png

lddscreenshot199_r.png

lddscreenshot200_r.png

That was the original design. As you an see, it has changed a bit.

The Drop Pods really look awesome. Nearly Ccant wait until the project reaches 10,000 Votes.

But one question: If Lego does the theme, but doesnt want to make new molds for the amor and

uses the "old" Galaxy Patrol of CMF 7 instead, do they still fit in the Pod? Because your amor look a bit smaller as the one of GPs CMF 7.

That drop pod is brilliant. A nice design and a playable set. What's not to like. This theme gets better and better.

N13OS (CrashSanders) did the original design, and it'ws great. I can only take credit for the rendering.

The Drop Pods really look awesome. Nearly Ccant wait until the project reaches 10,000 Votes.

But one question: If Lego does the theme, but doesnt want to make new molds for the amor and

uses the "old" Galaxy Patrol of CMF 7 instead, do they still fit in the Pod? Because your amor look a bit smaller as the one of GPs CMF 7.

I've tested it with my stash of Galaxy Patrol minifigs, and it works fine.

Great new drop pod. Just seen the vid. It's so cool, you should definitely post it here!

Edited by DraikNova

I'm guessing that now that the project has hit 5,000 supporters, the next official message from TLG will ask you to specify one particular set to be the first one produced - much like the Modular Western Town, where mb_bricks put it to a vote to decide on the saloon. Will you set up a poll as well, or do you already know which set you want to be first?

I'm guessing that now that the project has hit 5,000 supporters, the next official message from TLG will ask you to specify one particular set to be the first one produced - much like the Modular Western Town, where mb_bricks put it to a vote to decide on the saloon. Will you set up a poll as well, or do you already know which set you want to be first?

That's tricky. This whole Cuusoo proposal is more about a central idea than a particular set. If anything, I'd suggest a small $30 range set that includes a vehicle and a handful of figs - smaller sets sell better, and kids like vehicles.

Great design with the drop pod,I"ve been waiting for a update!(It just reached 5000 votes on CUUSOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry_happy:

Finally the very concept of Marines dances a little close to some of Lego's violence concerns. Note that they named the rather obvious Space Marine minifig the Galaxy Patrol guy. I don't think hat was an accident of translation. That was to blunt some of the Halo'esque military nature of it.

I don't think it's any different than Star Wars. That can get pretty violent at time. The clone wars movie had four severed heads delivered to Jabba practically on a platter. Not to mention the number of troopers who get killed on screen, and I almost forgot about the flamethrower troopers burning aliens alive. We still get numerous sets from it. There also Mars Mission where it seems the whole point is to kidnap aliens and pillage their lands of minerals.

I don't think Space Marines will have an issue for supposed violence. Though LEGO has always said they want to stay away from military ideas. That's why we won't see war vehicles like from WWII. Yet, again, we still get Star Wars sets of war vehicles.

That's tricky. This whole Cuusoo proposal is more about a central idea than a particular set. If anything, I'd suggest a small $30 range set that includes a vehicle and a handful of figs - smaller sets sell better, and kids like vehicles.

I would go with a small, inexpensive army builder set. Have them make that drop pod and four marines set. This gets the marines out there in a quantity that the collectors, MOC'ers and army builders need. With 4,8,12,16 how ever many marines, even if no further sets are produced, the purchaser still has enough to begin. The subject is space marines. Don't clutter it up too much with complex backstory or massive vehicles ( yet). Just get the marines in AFOL hands and they will moc the rest. :thumbup:

My 2c

I would go with a small, inexpensive army builder set. Have them make that drop pod and four marines set. This gets the marines out there in a quantity that the collectors, MOC'ers and army builders need. With 4,8,12,16 how ever many marines, even if no further sets are produced, the purchaser still has enough to begin. The subject is space marines. Don't clutter it up too much with complex backstory or massive vehicles ( yet). Just get the marines in AFOL hands and they will moc the rest. :thumbup:

My 2c

I agree, but change the drop pod to one of the vehicles or spaceships.

I agree, but change the drop pod to one of the vehicles or spaceships.

I second that. If Lego is going to turn this into a series of sets, then we need a strong and successful first set. If that one is successful, we can hope for more to come, including the drop pod. I think the truck or starship with about 2 or more marines, and at least one Ugokin. Probably a good $20 set. Great ideas, HJ Media! Keep up the good work.

This may be a one off set.

It probably will, if they even sanction the production which is a big IF.

So i say go all out on a first set, The Strike Fighter, the APC, 8 marines, A Pilot, a Captain, an Engineer, a Shrake Sargeant an Alquirian and 3 rifleman, 2 Ugokin pods and 4 Ugokins, 3 drones and subaltern.

Expencive, yeah probably, but we might not get any more sets, put in as much different things in as you can.

I second that. If Lego is going to turn this into a series of sets, then we need a strong and successful first set. If that one is successful, we can hope for more to come, including the drop pod. I think the truck or starship with about 2 or more marines, and at least one Ugokin. Probably a good $20 set. Great ideas, HJ Media! Keep up the good work.

My theory is more like this. We fans of the project know what we want. We want Space Marines! We also know that since this is a CuuSoo project they will not be producing themes, and it is highly unlikely that they will be doing multiple sets. So that being the case, what do we the fans need in order to make Space Marine MOC's and sets and all sorts of fun things. We need the actual Space Marines. Those are the only piece we cannot produce ourselves via commonly shared LDD files. So the thing that serves us best is some sort of Army Builder set. Something with a small common vehicle that it doesn't matter if we have multiples of, and 4 Marines. (say 3 Marines and a Sargent?) The Drop pod is almost perfect for this, as a scene could understandably use several. This scenario also works for HJM and Lego as such an Army builder set could easily sell multiples to the same custimer. Something that CuuSoo really has not gone after. I'd happily buy 4 or 5 $30'ish Army builder sets. Whereas a red tank with 2 figs? Not so much.

My point is if we can get them to make the figs in quantity, then it really doesn't matter if they create a theme or multiple sets. It's a constructing toy. We can construct our own theme around said figs. Normally I would want a more specific and substantial vehicle (I may have even suggested that earlier in this thread), but the more I think on it. The more I think long term value would be best served for all with a smaller Army Building arrangement. Low cost to make, low price to buy, maybe 2 fig variants and some specific already in existence red pieces. That way you don't have to sell a theme to the review people. You don't have to get multiple sets through the review process. The business case arguments become very simple.

Am I making any sense?

I say: a vehicle similar to the APC plus 4 Space Marines and two Ugokins.