hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

:wub_drool: Utter briliance. I love it!

The design is a balance of official-set-style, and MOC-style. :thumbup:

The only negative is that TLG would never put seven 'Figs in a $29.99-price-point set. :hmpf_bad:

Regardless, I would buy this set in a second.

Is there a seat for the driver on the APC?

I've actually invented a new piece for the seats. It'd really help for a lot of vehicle MOCs- it's a 2x3 plate with four studs in the center on top. Basically a grippier half-stud offset brick.

I'll upload some clearer pics of the APC shortly.

I've actually invented a new piece for the seats. It'd really help for a lot of vehicle MOCs- it's a 2x3 plate with four studs in the center on top. Basically a grippier half-stud offset brick.

I'll upload some clearer pics of the APC shortly.

I have wanted that exact same piece. :thumbup:

May I ask what color you are going to make the Space Army figs you mention on Cuusoo? And if they will be in any sets?

Please make them purple :drool: .

Wow, I'm sold. I'd die of a heart attack if LEGO made these (in a good way!). Amazing stuff. The only thing standing in its way is its name: Space Marines. Sadly, I sense that if it wins 10k votes, LEGO will say, "Tit, tat, wot. Can't go having kids playing with military, can we? Cheerio!" :hmpf_bad: Or they'd keep your designs and go make them Space Police IV in boring gray and black again. I really hope this gets 10k! Upstanding work, sir! *salutes and marches off to battle the Ugokins*

PS: One way to boost the Cuusoo vote rate would be to make the Space Army figs purple. Plus, we would have the first ever completely purple fig ever!

Brick Daddy from Space Police. :wink: One of my favorite figs in my collection.

The only thing standing in its way is its name: Space Marines. Sadly, I sense that if it wins 10k votes, LEGO will say, "Tit, tat, wot. Can't go having kids playing with military, can we? Cheerio!" :hmpf_bad: Or they'd keep your designs and go make them Space Police IV in boring gray and black again.

How about "Starfleet 76"? Or something like that?

The characters and vehicles in most themes are part of a team, so it would be plausable for this theme to take place in a single fleet. Additionally, the theme will have the different branches (Army, Navy, Marines), as well as civilians; all things that can be found in a large starfleet. Also, much Sci-Fi media takes place onboard a single ship or fleet: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, etc.

Brick Daddy from Space Police. :wink: One of my favorite figs in my collection.

Yes, but he didn't have purple armor or a purple helmet (I'm assuming that Space Army figs would use the same armor and helmet as the marines) did he?

Back on topic though, are there any plans for tank-treaded vehicles?

Edited by DraikNova

How about "Starfleet 76"? Or something like that?

The characters and vehicles in most themes are part of a team, so it would be plausable for this theme to take place in a single fleet. Additionally, the theme will have the different branches (Army, Navy, Marines), as well as civilians; all things that can be found in a large starfleet. Also, much Sci-Fi media takes place onboard a single ship or fleet: Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, etc.

Ah, that is a great idea! I could see Starfleet passing muster by the hippies at LEGO. :tongue: Within the Starfleet, they could label them "space sailor," "guard," "technician," etc, with no clear-cut SPEHS MAHREENS glaring off the box, however much cooler that is. After Star Wars and LotR, I wish LEGO wasn't so picky.

I think Space Marines might work as a title, though, if LEGO views it from the "It's fictional, unrealistic, funny, and far past modern technology" POV. It could definitely work.

I've been lurking and watching this project for a while and I'm amazed. The sad thing is that when (not if) it gets to 10,000 we'd probably get one one set rather than the series of sets and the huge universe that is rapidly evolving. Though this theme could replace the space theme for a number of years, which would be ideal for all I think.

On the subject of Ugokin pilots, I think having non-piloted vehicles would suit the Ugokins best. A more minifig-like Ugokin could be used as a hijacker of sorts though.

Edited by DraikNova

Paramount pictures would probably contest the use of the name Starfleet saying it infringed on star trek copyrights.

Paramount pictures would probably contest the use of the name Starfleet saying it infringed on star trek copyrights.

Well, LEGO did have a set called Starfleet Voyager in the classic space days, though I've always wondered how they got away with that.

Actually, I think if this were to become a theme, the most likely name might be Galaxy Patrol, the official name of the minifig that inspired the project.

<br>EDIT: Hey, does anyone know where I could find the LDD or Maya model

of the Galaxy Patrol helmet and armor? I'm trying to update the armor

design and I can't find a 3d piece to retopo anywhere.<br><br>Some more pics of the APC:

7122882981_fd985d2de2_z.jpg

APC_Untopped by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7122882919_794e26a51f_z.jpg

APC Interior by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7122882911_b3231919ed_z.jpg

APC Main by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr<br><br><br>

Edited by hjmediastudios

Why-oh-why hasn't this been frontpaged yet? The commuity at large NEEDS to know about this, not just the sci-fi section...

And can you sneak an ordinary 3x2 tile into the design of the vehicles somewhere. The piece so needs to be created.

Don't change the helmet for dog's sake!! That's perfect. The body armour by all means but keep the insanely cool helmet please. :puppy_dog

They'll be sand green... if I ever make any.

Not purple? Too bad, that would probably be the best figure ever if you did that :cry_sad: .

Ooh, that's quite nice. It definitely looks like a possible theme, I wonder if anything like it is being planned...

It might mess up the colour scheme with the vehicles and everything, though it'd be great to see the figures in different colours.

And can you sneak an ordinary 3x2 tile into the design of the vehicles somewhere. The piece so needs to be created.

Don't change the helmet for dog's sake!! That's perfect. The body armour by all means but keep the insanely cool helmet please. :puppy_dog

I agree. But I think the fig looks great as is, armor too.

They'll be sand green... if I ever make any.

That suits Army better than purple. How about Olive Green, as Sand Green is being retired?

That suits Army better than purple. How about Olive Green, as Sand Green is being retired?

It is? I hadn't heard that. Yeah, olive green would work too. Nice signature, by the way. :laugh:

I'm wondering if there would be any way to possibly make some sort of purple version of the armor. Space Airforce maybe?