hjmediastudios

Space Marines!

So impressed with the thought, creativity and good old building skill which has been implemented into this well thought out project. Who'd of thought such a great burgeoning concept could stem from a render based on a fuzzy CMF preliminary image! When I first saw the pic of the marines on CUUSOO, I thought it looked pretty cool and just skipped it by, but looking at the pics, instructions etc contained within the thread I'm gonna hop over there now and add my support. Fantastic job hjmediastudios :thumbup:

That's exactly the sort of thing I like to hear. Thanks for your support! :classic::thumbup:

Update: A mysterious scene...

6906233370_d9806622b6.jpg

The diamond flats of Alquiri by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Space Marines trundle through the mysterious diamond-studded fields of a far-off world. If the structures themselves weren't suspected to be part of a planetwide sentience, the Marines would be "accidentally" gathering little pieces of foliage...

Don't worry, better shots of the APCs seen in the background will be appearing shortly.

Remember to support the Space Marines on Lego Cuusoo!

Edited by hjmediastudios

Some more alien designs (warning: lotsa pictures!)

6951759796_222e02dd10_z.jpg

Rifleman by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097802865_a352fd9fe5_z.jpg

Sergeant by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097802581_17766f4dcf_z.jpg

Rifleman 1 by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097802291_1ab4117413_z.jpg

Captain by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097802013_179fb2d485_z.jpg

Alquiran Warrant Officer by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

6951730924_ee0373d99d_z.jpg

Engineer by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097801433_009326959c_z.jpg

Rifleman by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

6951730342_c0952b6964_z.jpg

Shrake Sergeant by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7097800765_7842d93340_z.jpg

Pilot by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Make sure to check out the Flickr pages themselves to see more about the species, as well as a humorous anecdoter per picture. Also remember to support the Space Marines on Lego Cuusoo!

Fantastic, especially the alien designs. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: The different printing on each is pretty cool, and the bios are a nice touch.

Supported! Great looking Marines, not huge fan of the aliens allies, but they're ok. How about some color variations among the Marines?

The tiger too supporting this now, reminds me of a fusion of Halo and the space marines from second series of Star Blazers. :wink:

Instead of crazy aliens how about humanoid aliens? That way they'll be able to wear that fantastic helmets too. I would see a tan very human head kinda like data from star trek, a green head like a a space Ork, and maybe even a medium azure head, a brown head with werewolves details representing the Klingons of star trek.

I'm generally dumbstruck with awe and Love everything but the pilot's aparatus. Somehow it seems a little too Star Wars-y. Could you reshape the chest box or have it attach to the regular marine torso armour?

The aliens are outstanding. Shrake and Kari races are so refreshingly different. Can't wait to see what the Alquiran looks like under the helmet. I also like the tentacle legged alien in the training poster.

Lego should ignore the whole CUUSOO thing and commission this right now. It's too good for a limited run. This has win written all over it in flashing neon. :wub:

Looking forward to the reveal of the Navy and Ugokin figures.

Supported! Great looking Marines, not huge fan of the aliens allies, but they're ok. How about some color variations among the Marines?

There won't be huge color variations in the Marines' uniforms, but Space Navy (and later, Space Army) personnel will have different-colored armor. In future waves, there may be Space Marines in different-colored armor, but for now it's going to be a solid sand-red.

Instead of crazy aliens how about humanoid aliens? That way they'll be able to wear that fantastic helmets too. I would see a tan very human head kinda like data from star trek, a green head like a a space Ork, and maybe even a medium azure head, a brown head with werewolves details representing the Klingons of star trek.

There might be a couple such aliens popping up in the near future. I decided to make some outlandish aliens because:

• They're just fun to make, and a complete change from the normal minifig.
  • They reflect what "actual" aliens might look like... I mean, not every creature looks like a human, does it? Hmmm... Maybe aliens look exactly like humans. That'd explain a lot of politics.

I'm generally dumbstruck with awe and Love everything but the pilot's apparatus. Somehow it seems a little too Star Wars-y. Could you reshape the chest box or have it attach to the regular marine torso armour?

The aliens are outstanding. Shrake and Kari races are so refreshingly different. Can't wait to see what the Alquiran looks like under the helmet. I also like the tentacle legged alien in the training poster.

The Alquirans are blue and have one eye. I'll be posting nude pics of the aliens sometime later. :blush:

I'm generally dumbstruck with awe and Love everything but the pilot's aparatus. Somehow it seems a little too Star Wars-y. Could you reshape the chest box or have it attach to the regular marine torso armour?

That is one reason why I like it.

This is looking more and more awesome every time you post something. TLG would be foolish to not make something such as this.

Another important consideration for the pilot's armor not being standard- the standard Marine armor can't fit into a normal seat, or really any seat, easily. Thus his small-in-back, big-in-front armor.

Supported! :thumbup:

You mentioned on the comments section that there will be Blacktron. :moar: I can't wait! This theme just keeps getting better.

The pilot and Shrake alien look awesome.

Can't wait till these are released as actual sets.

Are you planning on making bigger sets like a base, dropship or maybe even a complete battlezone set with marines and their foes?

Another important consideration for the pilot's armor not being standard- the standard Marine armor can't fit into a normal seat, or really any seat, easily. Thus his small-in-back, big-in-front armor.

Oh I totally see that. And understand the need for it. I think perhaps I need to see more shots of him at different angles. that single shot just brought the star wars clone pilot to mind and I was thinking that Lego wouldn't really want something so similar to a star wars design as it would be a bit cheeky. as an alternate I was thinking of a circular chest panel with a single central hose connecting helmet to chest. More like a real world pilot.

I went with a two-hose design so the single hose wouldn't stick out in front too much. I am planning on releasing bigger sets- I'm putting the finishing touches on an APC vs. Ugokin fighters set that's fairly substantial.

Edit: Another figbarf, this time civilians and a Navy man:

6953401448_cc91f1b5e7_n.jpg

Civilian 4 by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7099417071_3881108eec_n.jpg

Civilian 3 by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

6953296158_66eaf7934c_n.jpg

Civilian 2 by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7099195621_acb5622c41_n.jpg

Civilian 1 by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

7098897907_5bea0754a6_n.jpg

Navy Technician by HJ Media Studios, on Flickr

Edited by hjmediastudios

Would it be possible to change the colour of the eyes on the Alquiran because I just keep seeing clown noses. And I know I won't be alone in this. Plus there's such a heavy amount of red in your theme perhaps yellow might be better. Hate to seem nitpicky but I really do see clown noses.

Other than that I love the rest. The Alquiran is the first pregnant minifigure I've ever seen. Nice touch. The headset is to die for. trans computer tablet looks great.

I supported you on Cuusoo a long time ago and check in often to see how the projects going! Good luck on getting the rest of the support needed! These guys are awesome and really deserve to be an actual LEGO theme! :thumbup:

Would it be possible to change the colour of the eyes on the Alquiran because I just keep seeing clown noses. And I know I won't be alone in this. Plus there's such a heavy amount of red in your theme perhaps yellow might be better. Hate to seem nitpicky but I really do see clown noses.

Other than that I love the rest. The Alquiran is the first pregnant minifigure I've ever seen. Nice touch. The headset is to die for. trans computer tablet looks great.

Oh, jeez. I didn't realize the eyes could be interpreted that way, but now I see it; that's all. Yellow eyes will be forthcoming on all future Alquirans.

I saw clown noses too. :tongue:

That headset is awesome! I'd love to see that be made real, very cool. Although, then you couldn't put anything else on his head, beit hair or a hat.

Awwww, look at the little feeties! :p Y'know the old design would make a great robot. Loving this more organic look though.

Glad you kept the gun design. The simplicity and utilitarian design really goes well with the new Ugokin. Looks like a clunky gas powered weapon. The product of a less technologically advanced civilisation.

The lack of apparent armour on these guys gives scope for people to re-purpose them too which is great. That adds more scope to the overall theme.

I designed the Ugokins to be super-modifiable- the main body is basically a funny-shaped Travis brick; the head has two attachment points, the "hips" piece has five, and so on... You can even stick little flames into the holes on the side of the legs.