Sign in to follow this  
KeepLeft

Food Court for the Grand Emporium

What a great idea! I've actually built more floors for my Grand Emporium but haven't found time to fill them yet.

I want to have the clothing and housewares on the bottom floor, a bookstore on the second and the food court on the third.

Excellent idea 'KeepLeft', might I suggest old department stores have ironmongery (hardware, kitchenware, crocery, etc.,.) in the basement and there's a challenge for you or anyone really.....build a basement.....pity there's no room for a lift. :wink:

I look forward to seeing the rest of your modifications.

Brick On 'KeepLeft' ! :classic:

Thanks for the positive feedback, I like your idea of a basement lightningtiger, I eventually want to raise my city to allow for subterranean activity, including a canal with a bridge over it which would be at street height. The possibilities are endless: sewers, underground train stations etc.

I want to have the clothing and housewares on the bottom floor, a bookstore on the second and the food court on the third.

Thats a very good idea!

When I came out of my dark ages the Grand Emporium was the first set that I bought but I have sort of moved to Star Wars because I got most of the older city sets I wanted. I need to go back to city and add detail to modular houses!

Did you add a new floor or rework one of the already there ones?

It is the first floor without the toys and I just added the new chairs, counter and pizza oven. So no changes to the building were made.

Clever idea. I don't have this set, but it seems like a plausible solution. Since I don't have the set, I don't know how it looks all put together, but wouldn't there be room for an elevator towards the bottom of the picture? Is that where the stairs are located? Who needs fire safety in Legoworld.

It is the first floor without the toys and I just added the new chairs, counter and pizza oven. So no changes to the building were made.

Very nice addition!

From the photo I cannot see how the first floor is connected to other floors.

Did you retain the escalator or what?

Thanks,

Andy D

Very nice addition!

From the photo I cannot see how the first floor is connected to other floors.

Did you retain the escalator or what?

Thanks,

Andy D

Other view, you can see the escalators in the back (sorry for the blur).

img_2421a.jpg

Other view, you can see the escalators in the back (sorry for the blur).

img_2421a.jpg

Great! Thanks for the photo.

Now I see the context of where the pizza restaurant is in reference to the rest of the store.

God job!

Andy D