Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

Avalonian Farm of Mesodraconem

img_7301.jpg

img_7310.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7312.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7307.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7313.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7315.jpg_thumb.jpg img_7317.jpg_thumb.jpg

Looks like I missed a dark green flag on the side there... oops! Rest assuerd I put one on afterwards.

This is fantastic, I love that Harry Potter green color, and the light tran trim looks great.

It is just such a complete MOC, the foliage is great and roof and stone work too.

Really nice.

Great as always my friend ZCerberus! The colour of that house is amazing and fits very well with Avalonia I think!

The roof over the cows are also a nice detail! Great work, nothing to complain about! :classic:

A stunning country farm Z! The building looks wonderful, a nice size with a great color scheme that works very well and the details are perfect. The barn, fences and trees overhanging the path are all excellently done alongside the house. A perfect farm for Avalonia, great work :thumbup:

Your reputation precedes you, sire! You are a master MOC builder, and this is no exception!

Details, look, and feel are all spot on!

This is truly an epic creation from the roofing on the small barn to the sand green cheese slopes around the window on the main house. Awesome!!! :sweet:

It has a peaceful quiet look, I like the windows and roof.

And the fences are good too. Even the base is great¡

Life is good in Avalonia. :classic:

I :wub: it, and the colour used on the upper level....so very Avalonian ! :grin:

AWESOME MOC 'ZCerberus', would you say the house is late medieval in style heading towards Tudor ? :wink:

Brick On fellow Avalonian......Avalonia Forever !

awesome. I am currently working on my farm and love the look of your barn. I might have to borrow some ideas for mine. And just when I place a couple orders to bricklink for some parts, you go and show me how nice the tan tiles look on the side of the sand green. I have some light blue and your making me contemplate an order of those tan pieces for future projects.

Mikey

Wow, what a beautiful set piece Z! Love the use of the sand green cheese, the barn, the border around the MOC, ah its all good. One suggestion though is to brighten up the photo after taking it. Its a little flat at the moment. What program do you use to adjust and crop photos?

Wow, what a beautiful set piece Z! Love the use of the sand green cheese, the barn, the border around the MOC, ah its all good. One suggestion though is to brighten up the photo after taking it. Its a little flat at the moment. What program do you use to adjust and crop photos?

I agree my photo skills aren't super awesome. I think it is partly the camera, partly the lighting and partly me...

I set the camera to custom and tweak it to take in a lot of light. That also means I need to keep the camera really steady so I used a tripod. The tripod, however, is broken and I struggle with it a bit to get it to work.

I use Picasa to "fill light" after the photos if it is needed (and also because Picasa is good at batch resizing photos too), but if you do too much of that, the photos get washed out.

I find the pictures are best when I use natural light, but the "lightest" room in my house (biggest window with least obstructions) is the kitchen, and it is still a little dark in the morning there because my window faces south. It is winter in Minnesota so it is dark outside when I get home from my job and it is just starting to become light outside when I leave. I might try taking them in the garage with the garage door open one weekend to see if that helps a bit.

What program do you use? Is it sad to hear I actually do edit them some and they are still a little dark!? :p

WOW, all over is great, but I love the trees :blush:

Maybe you can make detailed pictures from the trees, I'm interested in the way you built these :thumbup:

WOW, all over is great, but I love the trees :blush:

Maybe you can make detailed pictures from the trees, I'm interested in the way you built these :thumbup:

No need, the guide already exists!

My guild leader, Derfel Cadarn has already made a guide to MOCing that includes these trees. In fact, he deserves full credit for them.

Click this LINK to check out Derfel Cadarn's guide.

Wow! Beautiful. Looks like a successor to MMV. I'd buy that set from TLG!

Talk about setting the bar high; the Avalonians are cranking out some seriously good MOCs this week. I'm going to have to double down this weekend and produce some Kaliphlin goodness... Order more tan bricks!

I agree my photo skills aren't super awesome. I think it is partly the camera, partly the lighting and partly me...

I set the camera to custom and tweak it to take in a lot of light. That also means I need to keep the camera really steady so I used a tripod. The tripod, however, is broken and I struggle with it a bit to get it to work.

I use Picasa to "fill light" after the photos if it is needed (and also because Picasa is good at batch resizing photos too), but if you do too much of that, the photos get washed out.

I find the pictures are best when I use natural light, but the "lightest" room in my house (biggest window with least obstructions) is the kitchen, and it is still a little dark in the morning there because my window faces south. It is winter in Minnesota so it is dark outside when I get home from my job and it is just starting to become light outside when I leave. I might try taking them in the garage with the garage door open one weekend to see if that helps a bit.

What program do you use? Is it sad to hear I actually do edit them some and they are still a little dark!? :p

This is something I suffer the same problem with. Photos have never been my strong point, while Im ok at getting some good angled shots, I always suffer from picture quality. I used to think my pics were ok, but its not until you see photos like Brickdocter's tower that make you realise how much nicer his looks. Again, its a combination of the same things for me to. Here in the UK its winter, so it is also dark when I go to work and dark when I get back, so that leaves me with the weekend. Now we hardly get any sun in summer over here, let alone winter, so nice bright natural light is hard to come by. I usually photo my mocs in the room that has the biggest window and it also has white walls which help. But I still would like to look into maybe getting some special lighting that allows me to take good photos no matter what time of day it is. Unfortuantly whenever I think about getting these, I always end up spending the money on more lego :grin: So it would be nice to hear some pointers on how to take nicer pictures. In another thread of course, don't want to fill up this great moc with debates on photos.

This is more peacefull than all those siege weapons :wink: But it looks great, you've chosen the colors very well!

Wow! Beautiful. Looks like a successor to MMV. I'd buy that set from TLG!

I can only echo this!

The combination of tan and sand green is brilliant, as is the detail in the building particularly under the window, and the 'Derfel' technique of using rounds on the walls of the cattle shed is great. I really like the foliage and the slipped planks in the roofing. Awesome work.

Fantastic Zcerberus! Truely stunning! :thumbup:

All these beautiful small things which make the main object look so nice. Awesome.

I just noticed the fence at the left, it looks so real!

A very nice farm for the lands of Avalonia.

The Avalonia Trading Comapny can't wait to buy some fresh farmland goods from you!