Hello.

This is my contribution to the TechREVERSE Challenge 2011. I missed the time limit (Do to work) so I will not be in the competition.

I started by designing the model in LDD, and the built it after I was done. I lacked some parts in the right color, and only had two of the correct tire/wheels.

And here it is:

techreverse.png

02122011628.jpg

02122011629.jpg

I'll be presenting a few more MOC's in the comming weeks as I get time. Should I start a thread for all my models, or just make a new one for each?

-ED-

Our contributions differ only in how we have guessed the unshown pieces :)

The rear suspension seems to be too stiff when built this way. What is your oppinion? Does your rear suspension work well?

Great attempt!

I have also participated in this challenge.

i'm curious how did you attach the steering mechanism to the base?

i did via light bluish gray liftarm 1 x 9 bent.

here are some pictures, the build was very challenging and fun though the rear part was hrd to guess

lddscreenshot1.png

lddscreenshot2.png

@ Nazgarot and shimon: Just out of curiosity, how long did you to model the 9392 Quad Bike in Lego Digital Designer? Did you have difficulty mounting the Technic Links (chain) onto the gears?

@ Nazgarot and shimon: Just out of curiosity, how long did you to model the 9392 Quad Bike in Lego Digital Designer? Did you have difficulty mounting the Technic Links (chain) onto the gears?

It took me a couple hours for 2 days

about the Technic links, iv'e mailed TechnicBricks about the fact that LDD removed this part.

and therefore theres nothing to mount.. but if there was.. probably 3 minutes of work to mount it all

Our contributions differ only in how we have guessed the unshown pieces :)

The rear suspension seems to be too stiff when built this way. What is your oppinion? Does your rear suspension work well?

It's almost exactly the same as the front suspension. If I push down on the middle of the tank both front and rear suspension gives equally.

Great attempt!

I have also participated in this challenge.

i'm curious how did you attach the steering mechanism to the base?

i did via light bluish gray liftarm 1 x 9 bent.

I used a simpler solution, and it works very well. I just put a 3 long lift arm across. See picture.

lddscreenshot3.png

Effectively I may have used between 6 and 10 hours, but I don't have an exact number. I only had about half to one hour at a time, spread over two weeks, so its hard to tell. Would probably be faster if I had done it all in one session. And, my edition of LDD doesn't have the chain links. I think 4.17 was the last to include them.

lddscreenshot3.png

Yeah but according to B model pictures the set must contain 2 T liftarms and 1 light bluish gray liftarm 1 x 9 bent

Edited by shimon

Yeah but according to B model pictures the set must contain 2 T liftarms and 1 light bluish gray liftarm 1 x 9 bent

Yes, that might be right, but I didn't really have time to study it that closely. As I said, I still didn't make it in time anyway... But it should work well that way as well.

I did use one Light bluish gray liftarm 1x9. See the renders from LDD.

Edited by Nazgarot

Here's my entry. The back was really difficult, I think.

Feel free to build it, you can download the LDD-file here.

lddscreenshot1.png

Here's my entry. The back was really difficult, I think.

Grrrr... Seeing your solution I realize I completely botched the back of the motor :hmpf_bad: I knew I was wrong there, but it was obvious!

Edited by Philo

Grrrr... Seeing your solution I realize I completely botched the back of the motor :hmpf_bad: I knew I was wrong there, but it was obvious!

Whats wrong with the back?

It's almost exactly the same as the front suspension. If I push down on the middle of the tank both front and rear suspension gives equally.

Thanks. Then I must have done something wrong.

Here is how mine looks:

9392-2.png

@ LasseD: Did you use LDD, LDraw, SR3D, or some other program for your TechREVERSE entry?

9392_ldview_shots.jpg

Nice to see the results of other participants (or almost participants due to the lack of time).

I really liked this TechnicBrick Reverse Challenge and found it hard to deduct how the fake motor was attached to the frame. As you can see on the pictures I used a kind of 'spark plug' to keep the engine in place; the reason to use the Technic Angle Connector #1 is based on the picture on the top right (red circle). I did not use this part for the whole 9293 model...... and thought that TLC never puts such parts as 'extra' for the 2nd model. It's a guess.....

And, last year the rear lights were forgotten. So, I added them. It's again a guess.

I used for the right-rear wheel an axle 7; but I think this is incorrect now.

Let's see what the real model looks like, can't wait... :-)

PS: it's a pitty that LDD had no chains. Maybe there's an excuse for LDD submissions.

@ LasseD: Did you use LDD, LDraw, SR3D, or some other program for your TechREVERSE entry?

MLCad and post-processing using a program of my own to fix colors and deprecated parts.

Here is the mpd file:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/gtahelper/Sets/9392/9392.mpd

Nice to see the results of other participants (or almost participants due to the lack of time).

I really liked this TechnicBrick Reverse Challenge and found it hard to deduct how the fake motor was attached to the frame. As you can see on the pictures I used a kind of 'spark plug' to keep the engine in place; the reason to use the Technic Angle Connector #1 is based on the picture on the top right (red circle). I did not use this part for the whole 9293 model...... and thought that TLC never puts such parts as 'extra' for the 2nd model. It's a guess.....

And, last year the rear lights were forgotten. So, I added them. It's again a guess.

I used for the right-rear wheel an axle 7; but I think this is incorrect now.

Let's see what the real model looks like, can't wait... :-)

PS: it's a pitty that LDD had no chains. Maybe there's an excuse for LDD submissions.

I see what you mean by the connector #1, but the B-model has two of them, right? It's better than mine which uses none at all. I can't quite figure out where they are supposed to go. Does anyone have a better idea?

And I feel your pain with the rear lights - although not as much as the entry where the windshield was forgotten.

EDIT:

Seeing the B-model from the other side revelas that there is only 1 connector #1 in the set.

EDIT 2:

It might be used for an exhaust pipe which isn't visible.

Edited by Lasse D

Wow.. i cant believe i screwed up in such obvious place like the steering instead of using a normal liftarm..

and at the rear with the L liftarms.

the connector with the pin can be attached to the beam at the rear being connected to the rear wheels

but there are 2 blue pins.. have no clue where the other 1 goes

and does someone has an idea what part is used in the b model above the steering axle? seems like a blck technic bush but too smooth..

Edited by shimon

I used the axle connector 1 at the rear, and I locked the engine with a T-beam (Picture 1) and an axle 4 (picture 3). The last pictures is a detail of the front, with some parts deleted.

93922.jpg

Download the LDD-file here: click

Edited by Luc2000

Wow.. i cant believe i screwed up in such obvious place like the steering instead of using a normal liftarm..

and at the rear with the L liftarms.

the connector with the pin can be attached to the beam at the rear being connected to the rear wheels

but there are 2 blue pins.. have no clue where the other 1 goes

and does someone has an idea what part is used in the b model above the steering axle? seems like a blck technic bush but too smooth..

What do you mean with your steering?

I'm not sure you were wrong about the L-beams. The secondary model uses 3 liftarm 5 for the steering while the primary only 2. The additional liftarm might be from the rear suspension.

I seem to be the only one who has used a gray liftarm 2 with one hole being for crossaxles for the rear assembly. I think this is the kind of piece holding the engine to the frame as well.

60483.png

My guess is that LEGO would rather have a stiff rear axle than having one of the wheels spin freely.

Edited by Lasse D

What do you mean with your steering?

I'm not sure you were wrong about the L-beams. The secondary model uses 3 liftarm 5 for the steering while the primary only 2. The additional liftarm might be from the rear suspension.

I seem to be the only one who has used a gray liftarm 2 with one hole being for crossaxles for the rear assembly. I think this is the kind of piece holding the engine to the frame as well.

60483.png

My guess is that LEGO would rather have a stiff rear axle than having one of the wheels spin freely.

lddscreenshot3.png

i was confused by the fact there are only 3 liftarms in the set so by stupidity i have made it like this.. probably all point will go..

as for the part 9392-2b.jpg between the bent liftarm that hold the steering at the top there is a black part i just cant recognize it..

I see. The black stuff on the top of the B-model is a small L-beam and those new angle connectors that are used to hold the 9-beam in the rear of the main model.

As for your steering, it looks awesome :)

Wow!

What a discussion is going here. default_satisfied.gif

Great idea for you to share your thought and guesses here, after the contest submission period.

I've not yet started the mismatch evaluation, as I did not received the official BI yet. As usual, I think I'll have the work done, somewhere in January. default_classic.gif

I guess I'll also have a lot of work evaluating all the entries, has you had modeling them, because the model is larger than in the previous editions of the Challenge.

Thanks for all who spent their time modeling your entries and participating in this Challenge.

If someone wants to see my mistakes, the SR3D file (MLCad compatible) is here.

BTW, what software did you use, MLCad, SR3D, LDD ???

Arrgh, another year I was too late for a submission, too much work! Looking at your entries it seems I have got the steering quite alright. Engine is another part :-)

I will post pictures of mine hopefully tomorrow.

The most intriguing part for me are the parts that you see in the B-model but not obviously in the A-model. e.g. the light grey liftarm bent. I did not include it in the model as I did not see the palce for it. The attachment of the steering to the chassis I did with a 3L liftarm, not the bent one.

fW