Sign in to follow this  
J4ke

Seige Workshop

6437719347_3c463c23ec_z.jpg

So it's basically a garage, but it builds seige weapons.

I'm fairly happy with this. I hope I added enough details to make it more than a box, at least.

Photoset for more pics.

A fantastic addition to our Guild, Jake. Love the shape, SNOT wall-ends and the crane is a nice touch. I can totally imagine this place full of work (maybe you should show a photo with the employees working on a new design?).

Keep up the good work.

You are fast becoming quite the castle builder.... SPACE is going to miss you ;)

Another awesome build.

It's going to be a great home for that balista that you were showing earlier. Nice way of breaking up the walls as well.

Very awesome and distinctive! There have been some great stuff coming from Kaliphiln recently and this is no exception. Interesting idea, but one that suits your guild, I can well imagine Dwarfs working at this place. Nice work :thumbup:

This is a really great little building. I love the angles and the detail on the wall, especially the little angled roof on top. So simple yet very effective. I'm a big fan of ramshackle buildings, tan colours and MOCs of workshops so this certainly ticks some of my boxes. That little crane looks very nice, too, I think it's my favourite detail.

Great work comrade! I can see the AoE in it lol, I love that game too, use to play on it all the time. Love that crane, just think there could be some workers around, some wheels scattered, bits of wood and tools etc, I like some life in a moc, but I do like pics with and without.

Nice MOC! The SNOT build and various details such as the crane and offset stones look great. It reminds me of the Egypt's Siege Workshop in Age of Mythology :tongue: .

Nice MOC! The SNOT build and various details such as the crane and offset stones look great. It reminds me of the Egypt's Siege Workshop in Age of Mythology :tongue: .

I thought the same :tongue: But it's really a nice build, but I'm missing some minifig-action.

Lovely build. I really enjoy the colour scheme, the dark tan and red accents look fantastic, and the wooden parts on the roof go very nicely . The baseplate shaping is great too. I would agree that it would be nice to see some activity around the building - and is Kaliphlin so confident that we can leave the doors open for anyone to come and peek at our seige weapon designs?

Very good addition to the guild.

:classic:

I had been meaning to comment on this, I really like the quirky style you are using, like a mixture of cartoon and computer game graphics, which is really working well. I can just imagine people pilling up wood and metal at one entrance, and weapons rolling out the other! Highlight for me is also the crane, the bracing gives it a realistic look :thumbup:

Thanks all for your comments, it's great to know that I'm on the right track. Since the overwhelming response is to mess things up a bit, here we go. YOU control the action!

6468417219_0c12d12e7c_z.jpg

I've added a couple more pics to the photoset too.

Oh, and check out my latest seige engine too! Catapult!

Edited by J4ke

I love how this has evolved into a busy little scene j4ke. Throw in some brown, grey and dark grey round plates to mottle the ground and I call it done! :thumbup:

I called it done shortly before I destroyed it to build my new tower, but thanks!

And yeah, I should have added more detail at the front, it was a bit blank. But I picked up the PQ snake statue set for cheap recently, so I've got a bunch of dark tan 2x4s I can mix into my deserts in future.

A very nice workshop scene J4ke! :thumbup: I love the little crane and the shed on the roof.