Sign in to follow this  
dongo

Ancient Egypt

A scene from the ancient Egypt with the pyramid, a temple, the sphinx, obelisks, oasis and The Nile.

I had to change the scale to make the buildings bigger, and the trophies from the minifigs series are the best to achieve the effect.

1322605235m_SPLASH.jpg

1322605246m_SPLASH.jpg

1322605254m_SPLASH.jpg

1322605256m_SPLASH.jpg

1322605263m_SPLASH.jpg

1322605269m_SPLASH.jpg

Hope you like it

Very interesting MOC. Great scale. Great builds. It reminds me what it would really look like.

I really like the pyramid. And those Anubis guys make great statues.

Steve

Fantastic, this MOC really 'feels' like Egypt!

Do you have a better shot showing the inside of the Pyramid? It's hard to see from these pics.

Looks quite cool to me:D I like how you used the Anubis figures as statues:)

Cheers, Vector

I love that MOC. I know you probably don't have the pieces, but if you covered the whole thing with those tan cheese slopes, that would look more "sandy". Anyway, great use of the minifigure trophies!

Great job! I like the fact it's a brand new scale we haven't seen before. I also like the Anubis statues, a really nice touch.

I love Egypt MOCs quite a lot, and this is very nice.

My favorite part is most certainly that pyramid, a very clever and new design, and the interior looks great.

I only see one problem with this. The Sphinx has a nose. As far as I know, and I havent been caught up on recent findings of ancient structures such as the Sphinx, but nobody knows what truely happened to the nose. Its a nice implement but I don't think its needed if this is representing a real-world artifact. But lego is for imagination so I guess if this is based on what you think ancient Egypt was then its okay.

amazing moc, beautiful.

the pyramid and the sphinx are great, but I love the white temple

I only see one problem with this. The Sphinx has a nose. As far as I know, and I havent been caught up on recent findings of ancient structures such as the Sphinx, but nobody knows what truely happened to the nose. Its a nice implement but I don't think its needed if this is representing a real-world artifact. But lego is for imagination so I guess if this is based on what you think ancient Egypt was then its okay.

there are three main theories about the nose and the chin of the sphinx:

1. Sa´im al-dahr, arab conqueror of egypt, who try to destroy the sphinx as a pagan symbol

2. the british said that was Napoleon, the french said was the british, others blame the mamluks

3. and for my, the most logical, three factors: weather, time and erosion, because the nose and the chin where add to a previous monument, so, being different materials, the process of erosion has been different