DucadiYork

My Grande Armèe

Thanks for the tutorial link Ducadi. It's crazy to think off all the work you have been putting in for each piece you make.

look at "THIS" in the picture 4, the brass parts are sewing needles, machined with a lathe (man is 5.4 cm).

This is my insanity :pir-sweet:

New decals.

sabretaque_ufficiali_7.jpg Sabretache 7° Hussar

sabretaque_ufficiale_cacciatori.jpg Sabretache Hunter of the guard

flamme_finita_2.jpg Flamme (flame bearskin colpack)

fodero_ufficiale_7.jpg Officer sheath Hussar

capitano_7o.jpg first hussar, I would like to end. Captain 7° Regiment

Edited by DucadiYork

You're the man when it come to making model soldiers I see, fantastic work! :thumbup:

I'm curious to ask what has drawn you to Lego, rather then using other materials to make realistic models?

Do yo plan to make a battlefield diorama with the Lego models when they are finished?

You're the man when it come to making model soldiers I see, fantastic work! :thumbup:

I'm curious to ask what has drawn you to Lego, rather then using other materials to make realistic models?

Do yo plan to make a battlefield diorama with the Lego models when they are finished?

Back from a trip to germany (Legoland), I went to look around on the forums, and saw the wonders of Michaelozzie, and..............

For now I limit myself to a military parade, if I make it.

Another beautiful print. :pir-wub: Though I do have to say, I don't quite like the leopard (?) print, it looks a bit too detailed for LEGO. When will we see a completed soldier? I'm impatient to see the results.

Edited by Skipper

Another beautiful print. :pir-wub: Though I do have to say, I don't quite like the leopard (?) print, it looks a bit too detailed for LEGO. When will we see a completed soldier? I'm impatient to see the results.

Good criticism, I have to paint the leopard skin on the piece (too complicated a decal)I put in the picture as the background of the saddle, the first thing that I found on internet (it is also bad as skin, but I have not found anything else)

Edited by DucadiYork

That's just crazy! :pir_wacko: So much detail.

With my current WIP I've had to stop many times and ask myself, "Is this too much detail?" I think with you the question never stops presenting itself. :laugh:

That's just crazy! :pir_wacko: So much detail.

With my current WIP I've had to stop many times and ask myself, "Is this too much detail?" I think with you the question never stops presenting itself. :laugh:

So, better to go!! :pir-sweet: :pir-sweet:

cavallo_testa_x_briglie_decal_f1.jpg

Edited by DucadiYork

This is actually quite impressive and you clearly spent a lot of time on it.

They might indeed be too detailed for LEGO but you sure did a great job here.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

I do switch the title from armèe to armée for the frontpage though :pir-classic:

This is actually quite impressive and you clearly spent a lot of time on it.

They might indeed be too detailed for LEGO but you sure did a great job here.

[bloggedcp][/bloggedcp]

it is not easy to reduce the details of the hussars Napoleonic,were the maximum of the elegance of the time, before going forward with the army I want to finish this, just to see the final result and criticism.

I listen to the criticism, if you notice i often change the decals.

I do switch the title from armèe to armée for the frontpage though :pir-classic:

Go ahead as you want :pir-sweet:

I started experiments,the work becomes too long and laborious, too many masks to do. I assembled all the evidence, This is an idea of what was to be.

For now abdicated, I enjoyed very much the realization,but for now I'll stop here.

2012_06030018.jpg

2012_06030010.jpg

2012_06030013.jpg

2012_06030016.jpg

2012_06030022.jpg

2012_06030038.jpg

The next........

First big mistake.

In this photograph, we see that the color gold is damped by decal. The solution is to apply one coat of clear gloss over the gold, before applying the decal.

In this way, the gold remains alive and shining. Already experienced, but I have no picture.

2012_06030038.jpg

Does that really even care? It looks awesome eitherway. But if you dont want it, you can send it to me! :pir-grin: Im more than happy to take it. :pir-sweet:

Captain Becker

ESIT: Tiny typing error.

Edited by Captain Becker

Does that really even are? It looks awesome eitherway. But if you dont want it, you can send it to me! :pir-grin: Im more than happy to take it. :pir-sweet:

Captain Becker

Captain Becker!!! :pir-hmpf_bad: This is -("MY")- Grande Armee :pir-sweet: :pir-sweet: :pir-sweet:

Relax, was just joking, but i dont understand why such a little thing really cares, when the overall look is just amazing. And atleast i tryed. :pir_laugh2:

Captain Becker

Ive been waiting to see how this turned out and its very impressive. Your custom pelisse looks great! Dont get discouraged though on the colouring, its all about trial and error till you get it looking right. I know I went through 10 decal designs till it looked the right way. It is very time consuming though making a custom army :pir_bawling:

Ive been waiting to see how this turned out and its very impressive. Your custom pelisse looks great! Dont get discouraged though on the colouring, its all about trial and error till you get it looking right. I know I went through 10 decal designs till it looked the right way. It is very time consuming though making a custom army :pir_bawling:

continuous with the tests. :bonaparte:

J.L. Hornblower, wanted to conquer Venice with all those troops?? :pir-sweet: