Sign in to follow this  
Zeya

Skyrim

I bought the latest Assassin's Creed around the same time as Skyrim, (got a half-off deal for it) and I haven't even opened it yet. I expect Skyrim to last me at least another month or two, and then I might get to AC. I've gotten to the point where I can take out just about everything with only a few arrow strikes or fireballs, so right now I'm just walking around, working on side quests, enjoying the landscape and the immersion in the world. It's pretty incredible.

In case anyone here hasn't heard, Valve (the guys behind Half-Life, Portal, Left 4 Dead, Team Fortress 2 etc.) made a mod for Skyrim. :laugh: It adds the Space Core from Portal 2, which will crash to the ground upon installation of the mod, allowing you to pick it up and carry around with you as it lets off various quips about space. :tongue: And with the right know-how and help from the Space Core you can get your very own Dovahcore helmet, which is pretty neat. :grin:

PortalMod_2_1328672947.jpg

Here's a few items that I am lead to believe was cut from the full game, and maybe released as future DLC:

Definitely would have liked some of that. :sceptic:

Also, here's a great video about a Skyrim battle:

Really epic, and really professional.

Wow, the first one was really good, I think Skyrim would have been a much better game if a lot of those things were implemented in the actual game, some of things SHOULD have been in the game on launch, no question about it. Skyrim was fun at first, but I got bored very quickly with it, it feels too easy, even on highest difficulty, it feels unbalanced (magic is lame.) and rushed (companions feel badly, every dungeon is basically the same, less so than in Oblivion, but still), so yeah..

Those new ideas of theirs are really making me salivate. Even simple things like Goblins would be nice, I miss them. :sadnew:

Also saw that machinima yesterday, it was pretty epic! :thumbup:

Wow, the first one was really good, I think Skyrim would have been a much better game if a lot of those things were implemented in the actual game, some of things SHOULD have been in the game on launch, no question about it. Skyrim was fun at first, but I got bored very quickly with it, it feels too easy, even on highest difficulty, it feels unbalanced (magic is lame.) and rushed (companions feel badly, every dungeon is basically the same, less so than in Oblivion, but still), so yeah..

I also burned out on Skyrim after my Argonian mage - but then I created a stealth/archery-based Khajiit, and the game changed entirely. I agree, many dungeons could be merged, and a few could use some spicing up...for example, maybe you run into some other adventurer rather than killing whatever you see. The dragon claw door looked awesome in the 3 part demo, but I realized they're all exactly the same. I'd've expected more, creative puzzles than that. :sceptic:

The Steam Workshop integration is bringing this game back for me. I've got a half dozen mods installed already, just graphical tweaks and minor fixes, but it's so much nicer. And coupled with the HD Textures DLC, things are looking a lot better.

I don`t have an Xbox360, but i have played the game a few times and loved it.

First time that I played i ended up playing from around 8 at night to 5 in the morning, it so addictive! :laugh:

I've lost soo many hour in Oblivion and that game (i hope i can find time to play it) is soo more big and soo more addictive.... my social life is in danger....

my social life is in danger....

Abandon all social life, ye who enter Skyrim... :grin:

:cry_happy: Looks friggin' awesome! I'm going to have to get back into Skyrim now...

I had to stop playing until after Brickworld (and really any time I have a large moc to complete before a deadline). Such a great game though. The only other game I have that I can get lost playing for hours and hours is Assasin's Creed. :wub:

Yay paid DLC :hmpf:.

Because why fix the existing problems with the game if you can work on something you can monetize?

In all seriousness, it looks pretty cool, but not something I would pay 10 euros for (which it is most likely going to cost, if not 15). Crossbows and mounted combat look cool, and the castle you could see in the video looked very good as well, and this is the Xbox version, so you know it can look even better on a PC. Can't bring myself to finish the main game though, the story is not fun, and exploring basically the same dungeons over and over again is only fun for so long.

I had one version of Skyrim, but then I found out that my PC's graphics card did not meet up to the minimum requirement level. :cry_sad:

Sorry for the bump...a few hours into Dawnguard and it's already turning out very nice. So far, there's no way I could call it 'bigger than the Fallout 3 expansions', but I'm not done yet, so there's always a chance.

Both questlines are fairly fun, but you're following the exact same plot either way, your equipment and homebase are just different. :shrug_confused:

Wow, this is like Barbie, or something. I do wonder why you need to adopt children? Is the Dovakiin infertile? :look:

]

It's looking great! shame my fellow PS3 users will have to wait even longer....we've not even gotten a release date for Dawnguard yet as far as I'm aware. Not that it matters too much to me - I've been playing since December and the game still feels fresh.

I don't know why anyone would want kids in Skyrim full stop, adopted or nay - they're so annoying with their running everywhere! :angry:

Edited by Rocketbilly

I don't know why anyone would want kids in Skyrim full stop, adopted or nay - tey're so annoying with their running everywhere! :angry:

That's why you get the mod where you can murder them. :sweet: (Sorry to the xbox and ps3 users, they must tolerate the children.)

That's why you get the mod where you can murder them. :sweet: (Sorry to the xbox and ps3 users, they must tolerate the children.)

That sounds like the most practical and satisfying mod EVER :tongue:

To be fair though, I'd take the Skyrim kids over the Fallout 3 ones any day... Little Lamplight *shudders*

Edited by Rocketbilly