Sign in to follow this  
LuxorV

Winners Announced!

Dear members of Eurobricks, the Minifig Customization Workshop Contest 2011 is now complete. After the entry and voting phases, we are going to announce the 3 lucky and skilled winners of each category.

Before listing their names, though, I want to thank once again all the entrants for the time and skill they shared in the total of 33 awesome entries we saw in this contest!

Now, for the most anticipated part of this post…

The Category 1 – Globetrotters winners are:

1st Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_4041.jpg – Praiter Yed – Brittany, pregnant teen (19 votes)

2nd Place: -

med_gallery_1771_170_10503.jpg – Darkblane – This Is Scotland (18 votes)

3rd Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_117343.jpg – Darth Yogi – Aboriginal Hunter (17 votes)

The Category 2 – Alien Nation winners are:

1st Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_113297.jpg – Praiter Yed – Attack of the Wilja (23 votes)

2nd Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_93727.jpg – Darth Yogi – Kalen Zupix, the alien assassin (13 votes)

3rd Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_87087.jpg – AoNZ – Glubberthorn Warrior (12 votes)

EDIT: 2nd place was Legostein – Roo-Dee: Alien Bartender; changed upon Legostein's request to pass the prize to the next place.

The Category 3 – Tournament Champion winners are:

1st Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_116887.jpg – Tomcat RIO – The Flamboyant Baron Maude La Flaga (31 votes)

2nd Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_100612.jpg – Wardancer – Prince Maerendil on Findelhuv (22 votes)

3rd Place: - med_gallery_1771_170_56565.jpg – Darkblane – Knight of the Silver Chalice (10 votes)

The winners will be contacted soon via PM with the details to claim their prizes offered by BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors.

The winners will be contacted soon via PM with the details to claim their prizes offered by BrickArms, BrickForge and BrickWarriors.

Hello!

Thank you for hosting this contest. The customising has been real fun, as well as regarding the fabulous creations. :classic:

Congratulations to all winners! :sweet:

Cheers,

~ Christopher

Edited by Legostein

Congratulations to the winners! I see we some interesting double victors too (Darth Yogi, Praiter Yed, Darkblane). :thumbup:

Great job too by Luxor for conducting this contest and many thanks to our generous sponsors of the prizes (BrickArms, BrickForge, and Brick Warriors). :thumbup:

Congrats to all the winners and well deserved. Thanks so much for all the votes :sweet: Thanks mods for hosting this, and all the sponsors.

Now I cant wait to get my stuff.( a little bit more thanks to Legostein, who did an awesome figure. :blush::tongue: )

Wow, 1st and 3rd ... I'm amazed and really pleased, especially considering the standard of the other entries.

Thanks everyone for voting for me and congratulations to the other winners.

Congratulations to all the winners! All of the entries were excellent.

The three winners of Category 3 can pm me their addresses and I'll ship the prizes out first thing in the morning. :)

~Thrash

Thanks to everyone who gave me a vote - I really didn't expect to get any votes for Brittany so this just shows what a cynical bunch you are :grin: .

Congratulations to all the other winners and a big thanks to LuxorV for organising this contest. :thumbup:

Thanks LuxorV for hosting this it has been a blast :classic:

Congrats to the winners and I loved just seeing the variety in the entries.

Excellent job to everyone. I am so happy with seeing the impact that custmization has on the community.

For the winners of Category 1 – Globetrotters:

Darkblane

Darth Yogi

Praiter Yed

Please PM me your email addresses (since our prizes consist of gift cards). I will then relay the message to Armothe, because he is always bogged with emails. And I am on his back on these things, so I will make sure it's priority.

-Omi

Oh man what did I miss! Congrats to all the winners!! Great entries all around and inspired me to make more custom minifigs and keep up the good work! thank you to the sponsors and organiser LuxorV, looking forward to next contest theme! :)

Also a big "thank you" from me to the sponsors and to LuxorV for organizising this and answering questions patiently.

Thanks for all the votes, I am glad that many enjoyed my elf. Since this was the first contest I ever participated in, it was very exciting for me, counting the votes, guessing who will be the best competitors and so on.

See you all in CCCIX!

Congratulations to the winners, again it was obvious who was going to win from the number of comments in the respective threads (in 1 and 2 anyhow). Even though I've probably gotten another duck, I'm proud of my entries - and everybody else should be too.

Interesting that in Category 3 many had purism issues with Tomcat Rios knight at first but then he won by many votes. I thought (maybe hoped...) maybe this might cause him the loss of many votes, which obviously didn't happen. Anyway, great knight!

For the winners of Category 1 – Globetrotters:

Darkblane

Darth Yogi

Praiter Yed

Please PM me your email addresses (since our prizes consist of gift cards). I will then relay the message to Armothe, because he is always bogged with emails. And I am on his back on these things, so I will make sure it's priority.

-Omi

Thanks, and sent.

Interesting that in Category 3 many had purism issues with Tomcat Rios knight at first but then he won by many votes. I thought (maybe hoped...) maybe this might cause him the loss of many votes, which obviously didn't happen. Anyway, great knight!

yea I thought so too myself, I'm so not gonna win anything with the mixed reception.. Well was basically trying out a very non-purist minifig for my (first) contest too, putting in some of my warhammer painting skills and venturing into the unknown so to speak. I kinda agree that more purist (with a bit, or big load) of non-official fan-made Lego parts is more popular or easier way to go, but at the end of the day, to each his/her preference and I can't force others to choose purism issue :)

You have a very great knight entry too! Elven prince and the whole setting is beautiful, ala flowers and the whole farewell theme. Looking forward to your upcoming elves contingents! P.S, now you've got more stuff to customise them with, from Ryan's Brickwarriors prize!!