Sign in to follow this  
Tazmaniac

MOC: Neutral Ground Tower

A non guild affiliated tower guarding the neutral settlement of Equatorius, where many Historians have moved to escape the politics of the four guilds.

I'm not sure if this technique has been used before...I've seen it done with 1x1 round plates included but not with just 1x2 plates.

I'm sure it could work really well with some mixture of colour, this was just a tester.

What do you think?

6404162109_c6a396be21_z.jpg

Nice looking tower Taz.

I don't know if it has been done before, but I like the effect but I imagine it was really fragile while you were building it.

Nice looking tower Taz.

I don't know if it has been done before, but I like the effect but I imagine it was really fragile while you were building it.

It's actually surprisingly sturdy, because it doesn't have the 1x1 round plates joining the 1x2 plates, they can form a tighter cicle and the plates rest on top of each other (though there's no clutch). It's still strong enough to build on top of and because it was laid in stripes around a prefab quarter circle wall piece so it went together quit easily.

That was clever to build it around those curved pieces. And it is a tighter circle (which makes it better to use in smaller MOCs).

I have only ever tried curved walls once, (more years ago than I care to admit: an old MOC), and it was a bit crap. :laugh:

But this technique looks like something I might 'borrow' in the future.

Very nice tower. I think the compound itselt might have been used before, as is kind of a variation of the round cilinder plus brick technique. It's very nice, I wanted to do it before, but still few pieces to make it.

I found strange there's no Avalonian flag in this thing :laugh:

Nice tower 'Taz', not bad for an Nocturnus I guess....where the 4 kingdom's meet eh ? Must be near the UN building ? :laugh:

I do like the plating to get the curves just right for the tower, I'll give you a :thumbup: for that.

Avalonia Forever !

Very good. Nice thought of making a neutral tower. Great Work. It's cool how it has all the flags on it. Great work. By the wa, Avalonia is dark green and sand green, not dark green and dark green.

Edited by Andonii

Sure seem to be a lot of Nocturnians in that nuetral tower...

Well they're such a good sort, who better to guard the neutral out post.:grin:

Well they're such a good sort, who better to guard the neutral out post.:grin:

Mitgardians should guard it, of course!

But really, nice job! It is a really cool idea to have a neutral meeting place. I have never seen that technique before, but it is really cool!

Nice tower Taz! I was about to write that i'd used the round tower technique with 1x1 rounds and 1x2 plates, but then realised that you were talking about with the 1x2 plates alone... that is something i've not seen before. Interesting way to get tighter diameters - how small can you make them?