Skrytsson

CAT 1: The Dark Knight!

Hello everyone! This is my entry for the Lego Batman Contest, Category 1.

Hope you like it! :classic:

I have created a vignette that is very inspired by a scene from Christopher Nolan’s amazing movie ”The Dark Knight”.

This is the scene where Batman on his Batpod goes towards the psychopathic Joker who’s standing in the middle of the street, shouting “I want you to do it. Hit me. Do it now!” simultaneously as he fires his gun towards everything that moves.

I tried to take as much inspiration as possible from the movie when I created the houses, the street lamps, the road and the chaos. The building on the left is the Gotham Bank, and on the right we have a random house in sand red (typical Gotham City architecture-colour, don’t you think?) I have created full interior in the buildings, as you can see at the pictures below.

I have also taken inspiration from the introduction scene where the Joker’s henchmen enter the bank by sliding into it. And the interior scene at the bottom floor in the sand red building is when Aaron Eckhart’s Harvey Dent is tied up next to a bunch of oil barrels, right before turning into Two-Face. The middle floor illustrates when Gordon arrests Maroni and the Chechen.

The other details are there in order to create a mess, just like the Ledger-Joker wants.

The road has been constructed on the diagonal, so that the Badpod don’t end up in the Joker’s lap :tongue:

Please also take a look at my Heath Ledger Joker-minifig :classic:

I do have more pictures on Flickr.

Bigger Picture of the Batpod

6400153723_2e7a299263_z.jpg

6400155569_0be7c5e1ef_z.jpg

6400160965_5991897c95_z.jpg

6400171589_6db95ac1f7_z.jpg

6400174099_0e1c57471e_z.jpg

6400179303_9cc048ae47_z.jpg

6400185055_030bbe193a_z.jpg

6397404063_25875e354a_z.jpg

Edited by Skrytsson

Oh wow, this is another incredible entry. How in hell did you customise these figs? They look so, so good!

But I am even more impressed by your construction of the baseplate and the Batpod!

Can we have 20 votes each for this contest, please? They are all so amazing and I want them all to win!

Edited by Miss Kyle

A very good entry! Outstanding, I'd say! :classic::thumbup:

Even my general dislike of the film did not spoil the impression. Good job!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

Great work!

The minifigures look great, and the architecture is spectacular. :thumbup:

The forced perspective works surprisingly well too. :wink:

Whow what a nice MOC. The absolute best thing about it has to be the unusual shape of the base. I love the use of the tranny skeleton face for the jokers henchmen. The jokerfig looks superb.

Edited by badboytje88

Wow, this is one damn good achievement in scenic composition!

The use of forced perspective, the customisation of the figures, the Joker's face and clothes being exceptionally well portrayed, and selection of scenes from the movie, all top-tier stuff!

I was pondering to give this contest a try with some last minute MOC, but after seeing this I'll abandon all hope of ever getting so far. There's one strong contender in the ring, folks!

I bow my head in lowliness!

Be well!

Cutty

edit: Also, I just love your interpretation of the Batpod!

Edited by Cutty

Indeed, the amount of top-notch quality MOCs in this contest is mind-blowing (and highly discouraging at the same time :tongue: ) and this certainly is up there with the best. A nice mash-up of scenes from the popular movie with an interesting forced perspective and excellent custom figures. That HL Joker is fantastic! The only thing that I would have to criticize is that the robbers should be zip-lining from rooftop to rooftop, not rooftop to window. Other than that, great work!

Why so serious? :devil_laugh:

I think we have a winner here folks, TOTALLY AWESOME creation and that Joker is the BOMB....one of the best custom figures I have ever seen ! :excited:

The buildings are excellent, sacks of detail and action on multiple levels in each.....action in the street too ! :excited:

Good luck in the contest 'Skrytsson'.....Bat-brick on....same Bat-time same Bat-channel ! :grin:

This is a nice selection of scenes from the film displayed in a nice way. I really like the Batpod, and my favourite figures have to be the Joker's henchmen - very nice choice of face.

Wow, great entry, love the joker minifigure and the batpod. So many great entries everyday for the contest. So many deserving winners. Good luck!

Thank you a lot for your comments and fantastic compliment, guys. Much appreciated! :thumbup:

Hope you vote for me :blush:

I will try to answer your questions :classic:

About the Joker: I haven’t created the face myself, it’s CAB’s work (it’s really great work of him! - it's printing, not decals). The dark purple trenchcoat is from MMCB. The hair is a painted version of Clone Wars Anakin’s – I have painted it myself. I have not colour corrected the images of him – he looks in the reality just as good as on the pictures :wink:

The torso is official.

I have, of course, combined all these parts together myself. Hope you aren't dissapointed that I haven't created all the parts myself

I am very glad you all like the base of the creation, the forced perspective and the custom minifigs :classic:

But I’m also glad you really noticed my Batpod design – I'm pretty proud of it myself :classic:

any pictures of the batpod w/o batman? best rendition yet I have seen in MOC :thumbup:

Here is a picture on the Batpod from different angles, with Batman. Maybe I can take a pic or two without Batman. :classic:

I hope you take a look at the other images of the creation I have on my photostream :classic:

Lego.Skrytsson's "The Dark Knight" Set on Flickr

I can't believe only one person has mentioned how great the forced perspective is!

While Joker and bat-pod are very nicely done - it's the buildings, the details and the over all execution that blows my mind away.

Very well done sir! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Beautifully done. Im not a person for customising but the Joker figure supports the work lego have been doing recently and making much more detailed figs in licenced and non-licenced themes.

Whilst Lego would never make such a "dark" joker, the Heath Ledger representation of him here is quite amazing.

Perspective is great,almost makes me feel dizzy as my eyes track down the street.

Love this! Great MOC.

A very good entry! Outstanding, I'd say! :classic::thumbup:

Even my general dislike of the film did not spoil the impression. Good job!

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

You disliked the film?? I'm staggered! Not quite as good as the first but still incredible storytelling. I thought so anyway.

Your entry has been noted.

Any further changes to your entry MUST be informed to me via PM.

Thank you.

WhiteFang