Piranha

2012 Pirates?

But what I'm more interested in is how the ship itself will look like, making a decent Flying Dutchman that can be sold at a decent price is not so evident.

There are so many details to consider, most of them will probably be ignored to keep the cost low.

I hope they give the ship two decks, like the Imperial Flagship :pir-sweet:

true from what we have heard the piece count is over 2000 which if true will make it the largest Pirate ship/set of all time produced by LEGO. I think possibly included could be the kraken unless it is from AWE then all the parts go to the ship. I would say at least 10+ figs and the price I would estimate minimum $250-$300+ USD.

as for figs they could go Star Wars and give us figs that were never even in the scene :snicker:

Edited by Macoco

true from what we have heard the piece count is over 2000 which if true will make it the largest Pirate ship/set of all time produced by LEGO. I think possibly included could be the kraken unless it is from AWE then all the parts go to the ship. I would say at least 10+ figs and the price I would estimate minimum $250-$300+ USD.

as for figs they could go Star Wars and give us figs that were never even in the scene :snicker:

The ship would have to be quite amazing for me to buy something over 200 dollars... I hope this is not the case. I Actually rather see a better collector's pearl or QAR than the Dutchman anyway, that ship was ugly and totally unrealistic.

that ship was ugly and totally unrealistic.

What? are you high, the dutchman was the best ship around its bad megablocks, of course its not a pretty ship its a bad megablocks ship for bad guus, not a girly ship like QAR.

You love it or hate it I suppose, I think it's the ultimate ghostship and I like ghostships.

But if you give it some nicer colors, white sails and some work on the prow I believe you can make a pretty realistic galleon out of it.

The Flying DUtchman is like a ghostship version of a ship like the Vasa or the Batavia.

Oh and don't trust what this article sais http://lego-customs.wikia.com/wiki/6234_Flying_Dutchman

Someone made that up, it's confusing because the author describes it as if it's a real set but if you look closely he sais it's not real himself.

Why ? I have no Idea :pir-sceptic:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

The ship would have to be quite amazing for me to buy something over 200 dollars

Do you think this isn`t spectacular lego Flying Dutchman? :pir_laugh2:

I would buy this for every amount of money :pir-cry_happy:

6536407351_89c99fd012_b.jpg

It`s render from POTC video game.

I'd buy that one :pir_laugh2:

I'm hoping for a lot of imperial soldiers in the sets...

Edited by KristofBD

I agree, that would be a good seller....it's being the ships that have kept the theme alive. At Kmart most of the sets are on clearance, except the QAR sold out long ago and I'm not sure on the BP. Target stores in Oz, have very few QAR's or BP's left at any of their stores. So a fancy pirate ships seems to always sell. :pir-wink:

My son is getting the BP tomorrow from Santa, I hope he'll be happy with Davy Jones ! :pir-grin:

Yeah but isn't that one a fan made one, in which case lego will not release one as good, I mean 8 ports would mean 16 cannons without the long guns, as if lego would make one like that given the pearl has 6 ports and 2 cannons.

Very true, for the price point even if it's over 250 bucks Aussie the number of figures and cannon would be down to keep the overall cost down while still maintaining a healthy profit margin. :pir-wink:

Yeah but isn't that one a fan made one, in which case lego will not release one as good, I mean 8 ports would mean 16 cannons without the long guns, as if lego would make one like that given the pearl has 6 ports and 2 cannons.

no, it was rendered for the video game as it is stated in the post. I think all the elements are legit, just some of the colors don't exist.

It's made by a lego video galme designer so it is more than just a fan.

He already let me know that there would be many fragilities in the ship when confronted with real gravity (unlike the virtual version) :pir_laugh2:

I'm guessing the Flying dutchman will have a Hull set of 4 midsections, I think the stern will be similar to the black pearl (ending with a midsection instead of a complete hull).

That way there will be a balcony, only one though.

the stern window wil be similar to what the QAR has.

There will only be one deck with cannons, at best there will be 4 cannons, 6 cannonports total of which some could be fake (like the QAR's first and last cannonports)

The galleries will be pretty basic, probably only one (instead of two). I hope they use arched bricks for them.

The gun deck will be covered by a second deck just like the Imperial Flagship and will have the Kraken Hammer on it (capstan).

The cabin will have one door in the middle and two stairs to reach the poop deck (which will have the steering wheel)

In the cabin there will be the famous organ.

I'm pretty confident about all that, except the prow is still a mystery, the 'jaws' are not so easely attached to a smooth hull bow.

And I'm also very curious for the triple cannons.

I might try making this in LDD, let's hope it works.

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

LEGO has a reputation of making ports and not filling them with guns.

Seeing that we still haven't got any news on 2012 sets, I assume that the FD is going to be the only one (which is most likely going to be a D2C set anyway, so it makes sense it hasn't been confirmed yet, TLG usually manages to keep those under wraps). As long as we get the minifigs we want and the ship looks as awesome as its movie counterpart (or that ingenious videogame version), I'm okay with that :pir-laugh:

Seeing that we still haven't got any news on 2012 sets, I assume that the FD is going to be the only one (which is most likely going to be a D2C set anyway, so it makes sense it hasn't been confirmed yet, TLG usually manages to keep those under wraps). As long as we get the minifigs we want and the ship looks as awesome as its movie counterpart (or that ingenious videogame version), I'm okay with that :pir-laugh:

I wouldn't count on that

Like Big Cam said, there is no info or details yet. All I saw was small pic in a sort of catalog which showed a large Flying Dutchman set. Like I said, the store employees were very open about it, saying thats the only set they have seen but there are also some other new sets along with it. Their exact word's when I asked about POTC was: 'We know about a large set based on that ship that comes out of the water'

So I said 'you mean the Flying Dutchman'

'Yes that's the one'

The fact that they were open about it makes me think that it will be officially confirmed and shown pretty soon.

I am not going to give a description of what I saw, its down to Lego to release the pics and details, not me.

I would probably assume that there will be one more wave of POTC sets, and the theme will finish with the Dutchman as the large exclusive set.

I would agree one more full wave of POTC and it ends with the Flying Dutchman as the large exclusive of the theme.

Edited by Macoco

But... someone knows when Lego will release the images of the sets of this "presumably" new wave ? I've just eaten all my nails! :P

But... someone knows when Lego will release the images of the sets of this "presumably" new wave ? I've just eaten all my nails! :P

I am guessing one of the upcoming Toy Fairs. (Like last years POTC were unveiled) :shark:

January 24-26: London Toy Fair

February 1-6: Nuremberg Toy Fair

February 12-15: New York Toy Fair

I would bet on New York Toy Fair over the others. :pir-wink:

But are we to really expect another whole series is sets or just one gone-out-with-a-bang mega set....be that perhaps The Flying Dutchman.....who knows.....only Lego and Disney do ? :pir-wink:

I hope the first Toy fair as I am more than eagered to see the new sets :D

And meanwhile, I am waiting for the first pics of LOTR-sets as well...

I would bet on New York Toy Fair over the others. :pir-wink:

As would I. :monkey:

I have a feeling we'll also see a dock set featuring the famous first scene where Jack steps onto the dock from the mast of his ship. Probably have some quirky function allowing you to push the boat forward and pop it apart thanks to a mechanism, or a lame-o mast catapult to "launch" Sparrow onto the dock. Maybe some flick-fire missiles, too. :pir-tongue:

I think PotC will either continue for 2012, but not until summer, or switch to regular pirates until the next movie, which, BTW, I heard is coming. They've already told the actors to make sure they have time for PotC 5 and 6. If they switch to normal pirates until PotC is the "It Toy," I predict we'll see the return of Ironhook (or a look-a-like) and Bluecoats. It probably won't be much different than the '09 theme, probably even with bluecoats with a reversed redcoat color scheme, like in the LEGO Battles game. They'll probably be more American-style than French-style, regrettably, because kids nowadays probably only think of British and American navies of that era. :pir-hmpf_bad:

My two cents and first post!

EDIT: Ooh, it'd also be sweet to see some PotC Blackcloaks, likely in a "Singapore Sling" set.

Edited by Napoleon53

Glad that PotC got some more sets. I still have to buy a few sets that I want from that line and I'm glad this is not the only wave we got. End Januari to mid Februari are going to be very exciting toy footage and info days.

Hello people, I'm new and hope I will enjoy it here (what is most likely :P)

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is expected to be released to theaters in the summer of 2013 according to Wikipedia so I think (and hope) that lego pirates of the caribbean will stay for an other year ,and if not, return when the fifth movie is released.

I would love to see some East India Trading Company ships (HMS Endavour or trading ships) E.I.T.C. soldiers ,Cutler Beckett, mr. Mercer, governor Weatherby Swann and James Norrington as commedore of admiral.

Hello people, I'm new and hope I will enjoy it here (what is most likely :P)

Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is expected to be released to theaters in the summer of 2013 according to Wikipedia so I think (and hope) that lego pirates of the caribbean will stay for an other year ,and if not, return when the fifth movie is released.

I would love to see some East India Trading Company ships (HMS Endavour or trading ships) E.I.T.C. soldiers ,Cutler Beckett, mr. Mercer, governor Weatherby Swann and James Norrington as commedore of admiral.

Ah, don't you mean the HMS Endeavour....now can some POTC fan clear something up for me, as Lego provided instructions on constructing Port Royal and someone suggests the Endeavour....history says two different centuries...Port Royal was totalled by an earthquake in 1692 and the Endeavour first set sail in 1764.....our hero Jack isn't as old as Yoda is he ? :pir-laugh: