Piranha

2012 Pirates?

IMO LEGO will always have regular sets of their own design with yellow fig's.

I was being a bit facetious when I said the bit about all themes being licensed.

Mod note: It hasn't happened yet, but lets keep this conversation civil and like Zcerberus said this is not the place to bash flesh fig's or vice versa.

I take this to mean Cam hates controversy... and discussion... and fun. :pir-wink:

Back on topic I would also like to see some small ships (same sort of size as the trading vessel in the old imperial trading post set) and a few more civilians like they started doing in Kingdoms.

If/when classic pirates return I think a small trading ship being attacked by a rowing boat containing a couple of pirates would make a nice set. Personally I think a little jetty with a small trading ship unloading some goods would be even nicer but I don't think that would be exciting enough for kids. Something like the mill village raid set but based on pirates attacking a settlement would be pretty neat too, that could also be done within the PotC theme if they based it on the cursed pirates attacking port royale near the start of the first film. (Minifig wise could include Will, Elizabeth, Pintel and Ragetti plus maybe a redcoat or another pirate.)

Back on topic I would also like to see some small ships (same sort of size as the trading vessel in the old imperial trading post set) and a few more civilians like they started doing in Kingdoms.

Yes, I also would like to see a re-boot/update of the Imperial Trading post... I'm still kicking myself in the butt for not having bought it when it was actually out in stores (granted I didn't have the money for any sets that big back then, but still, I should have asked for it for Christmas or saved up the money I spent on impulse sets, but I digress).

I'd also definitely like to see something like the Interceptor (the small British ship that Jack and Will stole COMMANDEERED near the beginning of "Curse of the Black Pearl" ) as well.

I think Derfel is a pretty reliable source. I am inclined to believe him. Does the confirmation excite anyone? Disappoint anyone?

Both. I'm excited that the theme will continue, but disappointed because that means I'll have to spend money on it. :pir-tongue:

I know this is a bit off topic, but would someone mind explaining this fleshy thing?.

I do not get it, PotC mini figures are based on real people, most of those real people are white, so why not make the face look white.

... so why not make the face look white.

Because white people aren't really white! pirate_tong.gif If you are white and you compare your skin colour to a sheet of paper, you will see what I mean. Flesh colour is an accurate colour for skin, I do not have problems with the colour in itself, it simply isn't yellow.

Getting back on topic: besides ships I would like to see some proper fortress, something in the spirit of the Eldorado Fortress, a strong base. I am a little bit disappointed, though, with the PoTC and Nijago sets, because none of them as a really proper build, I mean a building with structure, reasonably large or outstanding. Fortunately we have Castle and Harry Potter, but I feel as if Lego is doing each time sets composed of sparse parts, if I am making myself clear.

I think I would like if they retake the spirit of the classical imperial soldiers' builds, but with a new outlook, more modern and finished.

So this is what I would really like:

• a fortress (nothing like Soldier's Fort…)
  • some small ships
  • a large ship (the F.D., perhaps?)

Well to me I think having pirate sets out Is a great thing! However the thing that is disappointing me lately is that, It seems like Lego is gonna end up one day with nothing but licensed themes! I also don't like the flesh figs, I mean call me old fashioned but as a kid and now A AFOL I like my old school yellow figures! I think Lego should relax and maybe just stick with there star wars theme which is successful, and then go back to there roots to the evergreen themes, castle,pirates,space! The POTC theme sets have been great I think there better then the 2009 pirates line, excluding the Imperial flagship, but they still are not like having the classic theme. So in conclusion I guess having some pirates is better then having none at all!

I prefer the yellow skinned minifigs too, but I have adopted the fleshies in my "pirateworld". I just pretend they are the original habitants of another continent which the yellows have colonised. Doing it like that, gives even more interesting idea's for MOC's etc...

I think this first cropped up with Lando Calrissian.

LEGO could always say their figures were not any specific human race, they were simply LEGO people. Then came Lando in Star Wars... they could have made him yellow like all the other LEGO people, and that would have been fine with me, but I think at that point they decided if they were going to continue with licensed sets, they needed to perhaps make flesh colored figures to represent characters more precisely.

It makes sense to do it that way. I however, prefer my figures to be race neutral and simply be LEGO people.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the first fleshies were the NBA-players?

The fleshies caused a rumble in my collection as well, I keep it simple, there can only be one kind on one ship. So there's no way you'll see Jack Sparrow and Captain Brickbeard / redbeard on the same ship.

Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the first fleshies were the NBA-players?

Lando basically highlighted the problem in a theme that had been full of yellow figs, the NBA gave TLG a chance to trial fleshies, the end result was a decision to move all licensed themes to fleshies to avoid this whole thing in future.

Lando basically highlighted the problem in a theme that had been full of yellow figs, the NBA gave TLG a chance to trial fleshies, the end result was a decision to move all licensed themes to fleshies to avoid this whole thing in future.

Personally, I have no problem mixing fleshies and yellow minifigs together... Granted, since they're also, more often than not, living alongside elves, dwarves, orcs and aliens, the differences don't stand out as much....

Let's end the fleshy debate or Big Cam will tie me up and flog me (again)!

It looks to me and in conjunction with the information from Derfel that if we see any pirates they will be PotC.

If that is the case, what are the top 3 or 4 minifigs we are missing?

If we can figure that out, maybe we can figure out what the 3 or 4 possible sets in a second wave could be.

To me the big vacancies are

1. Gov Swan

2. Pintel

3. Reghetti

4. Tia Dalma

(5. Jack the monkey?)

I think there are several other figures missing too, but those are the main ones... where could they go to get sets incorporating those figs?

Okay, right....again....there's something wrong with that ? :pir_laugh2: But no Avalonian should be flogged ! :pir-hmpf_bad:

It looks to me and in conjunction with the information from Derfel that if we see any pirates they will be PotC.

I haven't seen any POTC in the new catalogue I received in the mail today.....any other confirmation...anyone ? :pir-sad2:

Edited by lightningtiger

To me the big vacancies are

1. Gov Swan

2. Pintel

3. Reghetti

4. Tia Dalma

(5. Jack the monkey?)

I agree, we definitely need Pintel, Ragetti and Tia Dalma :pir-wub: Other missing characters are Marty, Cotton, Cutler Beckett, Mr Mercer and Sao Feng... All of them (except Feng) would make sense in a FD set since they all are aboard it at least once in the movies or are at least related to it in some way :pir-wink:

What about those two soldier guys (who end up joining the Pirates near the end of At World's End)? The Interceptor would be perfect to include them + Will Turner and Jack Sparrow, and it would fit the "small ship" category that people have been wanting.

Yeah- I wonder what those two dorky soldiers are named as well.

We could have a "docks" or port Royal set. That would be cool. It could incoporate Gov. Swan, the two dorky soldier guys, Jack, Elizabeth and Norrington in uniform. That woudl be something I would like to get!

I wonder if LEGO thinks in terms of making sets to fit figures on liscense or thinks of cool scenes and then fits the figure in from there... I mean in the LEGO/Clone Wars universe it seems they find cool things to build, then throw in extra figures that we have not yet seen. Maybe it is an unfair comparison since Clone Wars can make cool new things to build all the time and PotC is somewhat limited (how many pirate ship sets can one build?). That issue not withstanding, it seems like they did the opposite with PotC, they thought of scenes with characters, the through in the set pieces behind them. I hope any new sets will be more like Star Wars than the first wave of PotC and will focus on cool builds with the figures being a little more secondary.

1. Cutler Beckett = he's the main villain in PotC 3 and appears in PotC 2 as well

2. The duo: Pintel & Ragetti + their beloved Guard dog

3. Tia Dalma

4. Sao Feng

5. Governor Swan

(6. Norrington, the none scruffy version )

(7. Jack the monkey)

(8. Mr Mercer)

(9. Pirate version of Elisabeth Swan)

(10. Captain teague: Cpt. J. Sparrow's dad)

That would be the ultimate mini-figure release for wave 2 :)

Well, it seems the set that keeps going around is the Dutchman.

Here's what I can see in terms of figs:

Davy Jones

Markus

Bootstrap Bill

Cutler Beckett's captain guy who had the key to the chest most of World's End

EIC Soldier

Will or Jack

I think that Flying Dutchman, like the Pet Shop in this year, will have released his official images by nearly the date that Lego would wante to release it... In my opinion, the model of this set will be a secret during more time that we expect.

Well, it seems the set that keeps going around is the Dutchman.

Here's what I can see in terms of figs:

Davy Jones

Markus

Bootstrap Bill

Cutler Beckett's captain guy who had the key to the chest most of World's End

EIC Soldier

Will or Jack

I hope your very wrong, would be stupid given 5 of those are in the pearl.

Edited by DarthSion

I hope your very wrong, would be stupid given 5 of those are in the pearl.

I know. We had so many opportunities for other characters, and they give us the Flying Dutchman crew. :pir-hmpf_bad:

I know. We had so many opportunities for other characters, and they give us the Flying Dutchman crew. :pir-hmpf_bad:

Yeah, I had given up hope for an official Flying Dutchman when those characters appeared with the Black Pearl.

It's as if they didn't plan to sell a Flying Dutchman set at all.

Anyway, the set should atleast include Davy Jones and Will Turner as they both play an 'important' role considering the ghostship.

Jack Sparrow is in every set so why would this one be different ?

Ofcourse there must be a crewmember, hopefully a new one but it could as well be the hammershark dude or the shellhead guy again. Maybe even Bootstrap Bill.

If there are no other sets then the FD coming Cutler Becket has to be in it.

I can imagine the FD to have 7 minifigures, the QAR has 7 so why not ?

But what I'm more interested in is how the ship itself will look like, making a decent Flying Dutchman that can be sold at a decent price is not so evident.

There are so many details to consider, most of them will probably be ignored to keep the cost low.

I hope they give the ship two decks, like the Imperial Flagship :pir-sweet:

Edited by Sebeus Iniwum

I found a way to deal with all those Jack Sparrow minifigs I got (bought the QAR, FoY, LE and CC and I 'll buy WCB and IdlM next month):

I use them as soldiers to defend Vrijdehaven, a port where all fleshie ex-slaves can enjoy there freedom (lousely based on Tortuga). The Jacks with tricorn hat are soldiers with sabel, those without are the soldiers with rifles :pir-sweet:

To give them all an own identity, I give them all different faces...

Maybe not, they could have the dutchman with Davy and then more of his cast, and some of the English, then again like this years Bounty Hunter set which had Aurra Sing who has never been with that ship, maybe lego will put mermaids in it.