Piranha

2012 Pirates?

This picture from what I believe is the Lego "brainstorming" room has been getting heavily analyzed in a couple of other threads. Mainly over in Star Wars and Sci Fi as it seems to show some unreleased prototypes or sets.

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original

Owly was kind enough to post a blown up version of it. (once again many many thanks)

My question to our good (err bad?) Pirate folks...

In the upper left quadrant is a fully seen display case with Aliens Conquest and Atlantis sets. (just to the right of the big curving silver pipe). To the right of, and behind that case is a rolling drawer cabinet with two rather large and detailed ships sitting on it. does anyone recognize them? (just curious)

Edited by Faefrost

I think the first one is Brickbears Bounty, and the second one is the Flying Dutchman prototype wich they never released as the theme is discontiuned for now as ive heard.

Captain Becker

This picture from what I believe is the Lego "brainstorming" room has been getting heavily analyzed in a couple of other threads. Mainly over in Star Wars and Sci Fi as it seems to show some unreleased prototypes or sets.

http://ow.ly/i/HJQX/original

Owly was kind enough to post a blown up version of it. (once again many many thanks)

My question to our good (err bad?) Pirate folks...

In the upper left quadrant is a fully seen display case with Aliens Conquest and Atlantis sets. (just to the right of the big curving silver pipe). To the right of, and behind that case is a rolling drawer cabinet with two rather large and detailed ships sitting on it. does anyone recognize them? (just curious)

That is a very interesting image, judging from the red-white sails that one ship is probably the BrickBeard Bounty, the other one I don't recognize at all.

Very interesting, it's seems to be a three-master but that sail plan does not match any of the excisting official LEGO ships, I also see that there's a big skull on the stern, I only know of two ships that had this features and both of them had a red hull.

It's seems very unlikely that there will be a new ship soon so my guess is that that ship must have been a prototype pirate ship that was later replaced by the BrickBeard Bounty perhaps (the mystery ship looked too scary maybe).

It would make sense that they keep it intact, considering it would never be produced and it seems to be a nice ship :pir-classic:

...and the second one is the Flying Dutchman prototype wich they never released as the theme is discontiuned for now as ive heard.

Captain Becker

I don't think so, the sail plan is wrong and there's a giant skull on the stern :pir-tongue:

Edited by Sebeus I

It would be wonderful if it were an all new original pirate ship as a precursor to bringing back classic pirate designs. Although that is probably only wishful thinking on my part.

I believe the second ship is the imperial ship that we got just look at the deck and sails.

The trailer for the new Ninjago series shown at SDCC shows some pirates - this could possibly be translated into a set or sets at some point:

Have a look at the trailer here:

http://www.telly.com/JUYSW?fromtwitvid=1. Pirates are around the 0:38 point, with the Captain saying "more pyjama men?".

I like the pirate behind him who has 2 patches and a parrot. :pir-classic:

It wouldn't be the ideal way for us to get more sets, as if they are, they would be designed for playability rather than build.

Rich

The trailer for the new Ninjago series shown at SDCC shows some pirates - this could possibly be translated into a set or sets at some point:

Have a look at the trailer here:

http://www.telly.com/JUYSW?fromtwitvid=1. Pirates are around the 0:38 point, with the Captain saying "more pyjama men?".

I like the pirate behind him who has 2 patches and a parrot. :pir-classic:

It wouldn't be the ideal way for us to get more sets, as if they are, they would be designed for playability rather than build.

Rich

Well at least those pirates don't look as bad as I thought they'd be.

:jollyroger:

3 Sails? Take a look at this: (Its just a render from the LEGO Potc game!)

6169229644_8568e5fe0c.jpg

That strange boat could be the Flying Dutchman Prototype, or maybe a 2009 Pirates theme, never released, Ghost ship prototype?

That particular Flying Dutchman was never made in actual bricks and is merely a computer render. The guy who did it specifically stated that it did not have the structural integrity to be an actual LEGO set.

That particular Flying Dutchman was never made in actual bricks and is merely a computer render. The guy who did it specifically stated that it did not have the structural integrity to be an actual LEGO set.

What a shame. For me it would be an instant buy. Does someone know if there is a list of brinks needed to build this render? And more important: how to build it?

What a shame. For me it would be an instant buy. Does someone know if there is a list of brinks needed to build this render? And more important: how to build it?

I believe someone HAS built it in real life, at least the builder of the game render is active in the LEGO community, perhaps you could contact them if you can find them?

:jollyroger:

I made a similar version of it, using LDD. I can give you the LXF file (The one I made) if you like.

I made a similar version of it, using LDD. I can give you the LXF file (The one I made) if you like.

That would be a nice thing to have!

I have actually heard rumors, maybe on one of these forums? That the Ninjago will have some sort of a sub-theme and it will be based around Pirates. This could not be until 2013 so don't hold your breathe.

It is interesting since POTC started off so strong and there was so much publicity and marketing that I thought, oh man, it will be years before I see the "classic" pirates back...alast, it looks like POTC might be sinking rather quickly! haha. : ) The idea is that I see all these discounted sets around so it leads me to believe they are trying to off what they have before moving on.

I think LEGO might be dabbling in different themes, who are we kidding? They are know that classic pirates does amazing so maybe they are trying 2 or 3 different sub themes to see how successful it would be. Do I think we will see classic pirates return in 2013? nah, but by 2014 or 2015? I would say so.

I have actually heard rumors, maybe on one of these forums? That the Ninjago will have some sort of a sub-theme and it will be based around Pirates.

It could possibly have been this very thread, on this very page! :pir-oh3:

Although that is purely speculation! :pir_laugh2:

3 Sails? Take a look at this: (Its just a render from the LEGO Potc game!)

6169229644_8568e5fe0c.jpg

That strange boat could be the Flying Dutchman Prototype, or maybe a 2009 Pirates theme, never released, Ghost ship prototype?

Considering it's a render, it looks excellent. :pir-classic:

What ever the pirate set they prepare this coming 2013. I was hoping for the return of the Islanders :)

That's actually pretty realistic I think, it has been a while since we saw Islanders/indians/... kind of theme so a return would be most appreciated :kahuka:

Maybe it's time to start a new thread - Pirates 2013

Well, there hasn't been any news or rumors yet, so no. I do suggest a title change to '2013 Pirates?'. :pirate_sad2: