Piranha

2012 Pirates?

Ah, don't you mean the HMS Endeavour....now can some POTC fan clear something up for me, as Lego provided instructions on constructing Port Royal and someone suggests the Endeavour....history says two different centuries...Port Royal was totalled by an earthquake in 1692 and the Endeavour first set sail in 1764.....our hero Jack isn't as old as Yoda is he ? :pir-laugh:

I don't think the names Port Royal and Endeavour refer to a historical port and ship :pir_laugh2:

I don't think the names Port Royal and Endeavour refer to a historical port and ship :pir_laugh2:

actually, Port Royal was a real port but it was indeed destroyed by serveral earthquakes. you can see for yourself if you google it :pir-grin:

provided by a potc fan :pir_laugh2:

Edited by Lord Cutler Beckett

actually, Port Royal was a real port but it was indeed destroyed by serveral earthquakes. you can see for yourself if you google it :pir-grin:

provided by a potc fan :pir_laugh2:

I have a really good put down here, but I better not.

If you are going to make claims provide REAL proof, damn stupid wiki is NOT proof.

On the extra blu-ray of PotC Dead Man's Chest, they say that Port Royal is indeed a interpretation of a port that existed in the Era the films are set in so...

Lets keep it civil in here everyone. Remember we are all LEGO fans, same team.

Generally speaking, when a film contains zombie pirates or a giant sea monster controlled by a man with no heart, historical accuracy is probably not a high factor in the production crews mind.

I agree...POTC is lame.....Take everything you see in that movie with a grain of salt.

POTC is not lame it is just fantasy like LOTR, SW, HP, or IJ. But, really if you think about it the entire Lego Pirates line is really fantasy as well since there are no factual records of buried treasure, or pirate ships bigger than naval ships and multi-colored sails and so on. I really enjoyed POTC for a great pirate fantasy action movie and I am pleased that we can have officially licensed Lego sets based on those movies. And you have to admit that the current POTC is way better that the 2004 pirate line :pirate_skel1: with all of the jellybean colors and the non-minifig charactors and all of the aweful BURPs and ugly designs. Besides I am sure that with all of the new parts and design techniques from POTC that Lego will get some great inspiration for future generic Pirate sets. :pir-classic:

I also heard a rumour; Jack Sparrow was in London, with a ship, and looking for a crew.

Sorry couldn't resist when I read the word rumour.

I also heard a rumour; Jack Sparrow was in London, with a ship, and looking for a crew.

Sorry couldn't resist when I read the word rumour.

:pir-laugh:

Good one! :thumbup: I almost feel like sigging that. Yeah, it's not that I believe it, it's just that that whole idea makes me sick.

Edited by Napoleon53

I just heard a disturbing rumor that 2013 holds Pirates vs. Ninjas.

:sick:

I hope it stays as just that rumor :pir-tongue:

I hope it stays as just that rumor :pir-tongue:

Perhaps ninja pirates then?

You never know; giant fighting redneck alien robot ninja demon nazi skeleton pimp biker pirates from spehs driving monster trucks from Hell itself might be our only option now that PotC is gone, and pirate spinners could have great appeal with boys. :pir-tongue: Er, and somehow we'd get a ship set, albeit

with monster truck tires.

All fun aside, Ninjago is fine, but, in my unbiased opinion, Pirates is better. :pir_laugh2: Let's hope they indeed stay separate.

Edited by Napoleon53

Hmmm...the Ninjago storyline actually takes place on another planet...if Pirates vs. Ninja(go)s had to happen, at least it wouldn't happen in the context of "historical" LEGO...

TC

Edited by TalonCard

I fear there will be a long dark age if the POTC line stops, new pirates ? I don't really see that happen.

Oh well, I might just get some old pirate sets, I'm in the position to buy a skull's eye schooner at the moment,

I haven't made a bid yet but I know it's complete and has instructions, however, the instructions are probably a bit used and the ship has suffered from intensive light (discolored bricks, gre, white and blue)

So I don't know yet how much I should bid :pir_wacko:

I never tried out Lego Universe, but whenever I saw photos, I would notice stuff like the following. It's different, to be sure. I suppose it's possible to give the ninjago treatment to a pirates theme. I mean, they give the ninjago treatment to the old Lego ninjas, right?

I'm not implying that Lego Universe is a divining rod to what Lego will do. Just saying that maybe if they did ninjago-ify pirates, this is what it might look like.

lego-universe-ss-02.jpg

lego_siren_help.jpg

Edited by Zeya

I need more CANNON! :pirate_skel1: Like the small set, can't remember the name, but the little set which had a wheeled cannon, pirate and Imperial. I also need a set with ship hull pieces, and mast pieces, so it'd be nice if LEGO released something like the Imperial Flagship, only bigger and a full complement of cannon. A new, improved, and more impressive pirate ship would be great too, then I might be able to piece together a fleet, with my modified QAR at the head.

Edited by Captain Blackbeard

I have that small set, I believe it's called Cannon Battle. Man, I regret not picking up ten of those...

I really don't want another ludicrously expensive ship; small ships have not appeared in the pirates line since I believe Armada Flagship. :pir-cry_sad:

I have that small set, I believe it's called Cannon Battle. Man, I regret not picking up ten of those...

I really don't want another ludicrously expensive ship; small ships have not appeared in the pirates line since I believe Armada Flagship. :pir-cry_sad:

Crossbone Clipper came up after Armada Flagship if I recall corectly, that's the last small ship they released if I'm not wrong, a pretty lame one if I may say...

I'd so love a new age of pirates, they never gave much emphasis on the spanish domain, I just saw one galleon, and that's..so much story to cover with just a few sets, there's still lots taht could be done, I never understood the position of Lego company when they decided to stop the pirates line, one that acompannied my whole childhood..sad..

I have 3 of them :p

but stilll in every toyshop I pass, I look for that set and the 3$ soldiers arsenal (with imperial guard)

And as long it's not ninjago vs pirates, I can live with ninja's vs pirates.

This would mean following:

asian pirateships, samurai warriors as the good guys, ninja's as third party. Historically seen it would be correct, TLG can even make an Imperial ship!

But it will be in the Ninjago theme...

I have 3 of them :p

but stilll in every toyshop I pass, I look for that set and the 3$ soldiers arsenal (with imperial guard)

This would mean following:

asian pirateships, samurai warriors as the good guys, ninja's as third party. Historically seen it would be correct, TLG can even make an Imperial ship!

um nope ninjago vs pirates would be heavily fantasy based like it is already.