Sandy

Heroica RPG - Quest#15: Hoisting Down the Jolly Roger

"Mhm. Let's go talk to them. We'd have to give up five bottles of rum in order to pass safely, I think. But if we battle them, the group in the dining hall might hear us and join the fight."

"I say we give them the rum."

"Hehehe... perhaps not join us, but merely let us pass while they drink their worries away. Only one way to find out, hehe."

The party enters the room with the staircase, and the group of pirates finally notices them.

"Hey, those don't look like our guys!" one of the marauders shouts.

"Yeah, let's get 'em!" another replies.

Suddenly the party is faced with five armed pirates and a monkey that has a nasty grin on its face.

PREPARE FOR BATTLE!

heroicaquest15-battlepirates1.jpg

Enemies:

Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana)

Type: Humanoid

Level: 5

Health: 45/45

Special:
Steal
– The target loses gold according to their level.

Drops: Rum

Note: Addicted to Rum

Pirate Seamage

Type: Humanoid, Aquatic

Level: 6

Health: 52/52

Ether: 3/3

Special:
Tsunami
– Causes 6 water-damage to all opponents. Costs 1 ether. If ether runs out, causes 6 damage to the target only.

Drops: Tonic

Peglegged Pirate

Level: 7

Health: 80/80

Special:
Stun
– Causes the target to lose its next turn.

Drops: Potion

Pirate Wench

Health: 57/57

Special:
Twin Slash
– Causes 6 damage to the target and the opponent next in turn.

Drops: Throwing Knife (WP:5, ranged, suitable to rangers and rogues)

Filthy Chimp

Type: Beast, Vermin

Health: 31/31

Special I:
Eat a Banana
- The chimp eats a restorative fruit that restores it to full health. Used only once.

Special II:
Fling Poo
– The chimp throws crap at the target, causing 5 damage regardless of row, as well as the afraid-effect that forces the target to remain in the back row for the whole battle.

Drops: Banana (Restores full health. Will not be dropped if the chimp has eaten it.)

Pirate Ruffian (Blue Bandana)

Special:
Steal

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11 Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

Sir Christopher Daggerfall
(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
17/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas
(played by The_Customizer)

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
16/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric
(played by Khorne) *Party Leader*

Level 13 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
21/21

Gold:

Inventory:
Godricsleif (WP:8,
ice-elemental
), Potion, 2 Meads, 2 Rums, Venom, Bedroll, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6043175947_18b74f9140_t.jpg

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10½ Rogue

Power:
20 (15 for ranged weapons)

Health:
15/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5), Throwing Knife (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

6274181516_11b6a760ac_t.jpg

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
16/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
Diamond Mace (WP:4,
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, 2 Rums, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Party Leader, choose the order of action.

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

"Fight or flight, people? Will we hand them rum or give them hell?" Eric said as he slowly unsheathed Godricsleif, preparing for battle. "I don't care if we have to fight them, but if any of you have objections, say so now!"

OoC: Or is it too late already to hand them Rum?

"Hehe... these pirates look tough, I say flight."

OoC: I should have my throwing knife back. And about the mug... thought it was the rule. Just trying to be fair, though I wouldn't mind more. :tongue:

"Are we able to give rum to the pirates at any point or only before a battle, like now? If we can give them some later, we might as well try fighting them and use the rum as a last resort. If not, I do not mind whether we fight or avoid the confrontation."

Agreed, we should attack them and if half of us pass out, we can just give them rum.

If we do attack, I shall attack the Peglegged Pirate From the back row.

OoC: Or is it too late already to hand them Rum?

OoC: Not at all, you can give them the Rum at any point during the battle. The pirate (or monkey) you give the rum will immediately leave the battle. You will not gain experience from battles where all the enemies have fled from, though.

"Alright then, I suppose we should try our luck with fighting, hehe..."

"If that's the plan, then I shall attack the Pirate Wench from the back row with my throwing knife!"

"Lets give the Peglegged Pirate a bottle of rum and fight the rest, I say."

Maurice is prepared to give the Peglegged Pirate one of his bottles of rum if the party leader agrees with this.

Otherwise he wishes to attack the Filthy Chimp from the front row.

"I shall see how my magic fares against that of the Pirate Seamage by attacking him from the back row with Darkness.

I won this Amethyst from the last mage I killed. Now I shall use it to kill the next."

"I agree with Maurice, we should give the one with the wooden leg a bottle of rum."

"Al right, Maurice, it's your rum. Go ahead."

Eric stepped in closer and gripped his sword more tightly, readying himself to inflict damage.

Eric will attack Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana) from the front row.

Battle Order:

Maurice

Eric

Hybros

Christopher

Erdathcath

Ad-Hoh

Results of Round One of the Pirates & Chimp Battle:

Maurice uses Rum on Peglegged Pirate

Eric vs. Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana) - Damage

>Hybros (Throwing Knife) vs. Pirate Wench - Miss

Christopher vs. Filthy Chimp - Critical Hit

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Ruffian (Blue Bandana) - Special Damage

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Seamage - Special Damage

At the start of the battle Maurice offers one of his bottles of rum to the pirate with the pegleg. The pirate thanks and leaves the battle, taking swigs from his new bottle. The other pirates watch him go enviously. The Pirate Ruffian with the green headscarf attacks Eric first, causing 5 damage to the barbarian. Hybros tries to throw his knife at the Pirate Wench, but misses. Hybros will nevertheless have to retrieve the weapon before he can use it again. Christopher gains a critical hit against the Filthy Chimp, dealing 25 damage to the monkey. The pirate with the blue bandana steals 10 gold from Erdathcath. Then the Pirate Seamage casts a Tsunami that hits all heroes, causing 6 damage to the front row and 3 to the back row, except Ad-Hoh who is protected from magic. Christopher's shield does not protect him from the surge of water, though. The Seamage loses 1 ether in the process.

Five enemies remain.

Enemies:

Special:
Steal

Pirate Seamage

Ether: 2/3

Special:
Tsunami
– Causes 6 water-damage to all opponents. Costs 1 ether. If ether runs out, causes 6 damage to the target only.

Pirate Wench

Special:
Twin Slash

Filthy Chimp

Health: 6/31

Special I:
Eat a Banana
- The chimp eats a restorative fruit that restores it to full health. Used only once.

Special II:
Fling Poo
– The chimp throws crap at the target, causing 5 damage regardless of row, as well as the afraid-effect that forces the target to remain in the back row for the whole battle.

Drops: Banana (Restores full health. Will not be dropped if the chimp has eaten it.)

Special:
Steal

Drops: Rum, 10 gold

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11 Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:
Rhabdomance Staff (WP:5), Robe of Spell Resistance, Emerald (Wood), Amethyst (Darkness), Ruby (Fire) 4 Potions, 3 Tonics, Mead, 2 Rums, 2 Lightning Bombs, Bedroll, Shovel, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:
Great Sword (WP:7), Mockthril Shield (WP:4), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, Remedy, Mead, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Bone, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/16

Gold:

Inventory:
Longbow (WP:5), Helmet (+1 max. health), Snake Eye Charm (protects from petrify), Potion, Grand Potion, Phoenix Essence, 2 Rums, 2 Smoke Bombs, Fire Bomb, 2 Ice Bombs, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Holy Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares, Greasy Sausage

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 13 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
10/21

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10½ Rogue

Power:

Health:
12/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5),
Throwing Knife (WP:5)
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric

Power:

Health:
10/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

All of you, choose your targets and the row you want to fight in. Also mention if you want to try to flee, heal or cast a magic spell, or if you want to use an item instead of attacking.

Any enemy not targeted will get a Free Hit on the party after everyone have acted.

Eric roared as the pirate hits him. Blood runs from the wound, but Eric does not relent. He glances at the Pirate Chef's head dangling at his side. "Wartan give me strength and more heads will be offered in your name." Godricsleif grew restless as its master has missed yet another chance to draw blood. A mysterious force pulled Eric back into the fray, ordering him to carry on the battle.

"I either win or perish on this battlefield. No matter, Helvetia will set me free!" the Nord shouted and ran towards his asaillant again. Blood would be spileld, be it his or his enemies. The rage aspect of Wartan the Allfather cared little whose blood flowed into his realm.

Eric will attack Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana) again, from the first row.

Battle order:

Christopher

Eric

Ad-Hoh

Erdathcath

Hybros

Maurice

"If any of you still want to give Rum, do your thing. I will stay and fight these mongrels!"

"I will fight, in the name of the Righteous Light, for justice and honesty, for Ennoc! With his help I will destroy this heretic mage!"

Maurice attacks Pirate Seamage from the front row.

"I do believe that chimps are apes, not monkeys, although this one does seem to have a tail, which is odd. Nevertheless, I shall once again try to attack the Pirate Seamage from the back row with Darkness.

"

The quick Pirate Wench grinned as she dodged Hybros' knife. Luckily she didn't have enough time to counterattack as he drew Zoot's Reaper and charged her from the front row.

Results of Round Two of the Pirates & Chimp Battle:

Christopher vs. Filthy Chimp - Miss

Eric vs. Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana) - Hit

>Ad-Hoh (Darkness) vs. Pirate Seamage - Miss

>Erdathcath vs. Pirate Ruffian (Blue Bandana) - Special Damage

Hybros vs. Pirate Wench - Special Damage

Maurice vs. Pirate Seamage - Damage

The battle continues. Christopher takes a swing at the monkey, but misses. Eric gets a hit on the pirate ruffian with the green scarf, dealing 21 damage. Ad-Hoh's spell misses its target as well. The ruffian with the blue bandana steals another 10 gold from Erdathcath. The Pirate Wench performs a twin slash on Hybros and Maurice, dealing 6 damage to both of them. The Seamage finishes Maurice off, knocking the cleric out. Without their healer, things start to look grim for the heroes.

Five enemies still remain.

Enemies:

Health: 24/45

Special:
Steal

Pirate Seamage

Ether: 2/3

Special:
Tsunami

Pirate Wench

Special:
Twin Slash

Filthy Chimp

Health: 6/31

Special I:
Eat a Banana

Special II:
Fling Poo

Special:
Steal

Drops: Rum, 20 gold

Party:

heroicaavatar.jpg

Ad-Hoh
(played by ADHO15)

Level 11 Mage
*resistant to magic*

Power:

Health:
15/15

Ether:
14/15

Gold:

Inventory:

019.JPG

(Fred Fred Burger)

Level 10 Knight

Power:

Defence:

Health:
11/19

Gold:

Inventory:

Erdathcath Madilinas

Level 10 Ranger

Power:

Health:
13/16

Gold:

Inventory:

eric_small.jpg

Eric

Level 13 Barbarian

Power:

Health:
10/21

Gold:

Inventory:
ice-elemental

Hybros
(played by JimButcher)

Level 10½ Rogue

Power:

Health:
6/18

Gold:

Inventory:
Zoot's Reaper (WP:10), Shuriken of Mercutio (WP:5),
Throwing Knife (WP:5)
, Helmet (+1 max. health), 3 Potions, Grand Potion, 2 Remedies, 3 Meads, 3 Nostrums,3 Smelling Salts, 2 Rums, Smoke Bomb,Shovel, Bone, Bedroll, Skeleton Decoy, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

Maurice Ratibor
(played by Etzel)

Level 10 Cleric *knocked out*

Power:

Health:
0/19

Ether:
14/14

Gold:

Inventory:
light-elemental
), Helmet (+1 max. health), Scroll of Sleep, 2 Potions, 2 Tonics, Phoenix Essence, Venom, Mead, 2 Nostrum, Rum, 1/6 of the Hinckwell Wares

"Two of us should hand out Rum, preferably to the Seamage and the Wench. That'll leave us with three fighters left. If we are like we will manage to take out the Ruffian with the green bandana and the chimp. The Ruffian will give us back one bottle of rum when dead and the chimp will hopefully hand over his banana, which Maurica can then use. I say Erdathcath and Ad-Hoh give one of their rums. I will try to kill the ruffian, while Christopher should finish the chimp. Hybros can attack the remaining pirate. Alright?"

Eric felt confident that the battle would end up right. Godricsleif had caught the taste of the ruffian's blood and was thirsty for more. Icy mists hung around the blade and the runic inscription glowed eerie red. Eric heard a voice in his head. It sounded far away, yet familiar. He paid no heed to it, though and kept focused on the task ahead.

"Hang on, Cleric! Sol will watch over you!"

"Here's hoping for some bloodrage" Eric muttered to himself.

Eric will attack Pirate Ruffian (Green Bandana) from the front row.

Battle Order

Ad-Hoh (give rum to Sea Mage)

Erdathcath (give rum to Wench)

Christopher (kill chimp)

Eric (kill ruffian)

Hybros (attack and if lucky kill remaining pirate)

Ooc: *green = proposed plan of action